upsc animal husbandry question paper 2019: CSM Optional Paper-II
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Civil Services Mains Exam: Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Paper-2 (2019)
In this post, we will discuss CSM animal husbandry and veterinary science optional previous year question paper 2019.
Marks-250 Time: Three Hours
Question Paper Specific Instructions:
Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting questions.
- There are EIGHT questions divided into two sections.
- A candidate has to attempt FIVE questions in all.
- Questions no 1 and 5 are compulsory and out of the remaining, THREE are to be attempted choosing at least ONE from each section.
- The number of marks carried by a question /part is indicated against it.
- Word limit in questions, wherever specified should be adhered to.
- Attempts of questions shall be counted in chronological order. Unless struck off, an attempt of a question shall be counted even if attempted partly. Any page or portion of the page left blank in the answer book must be clearly struck off.
1.Discuss the following in about 150 words each: 10x5=50 marks
1. (a) Distribution and function of nerves originating from lumbosacral plexus. 10 marks
1. (b) Histology of adrenal gland. 10 marks
1. (c) Role of public health veterinarians in maintaining rural health. 10 marks
1. (d) Application of HACCP and GMP in market milk production in a dairy plant with a capacity of one lakh liters per day. 10 marks
1. (e) Nutritive value of egg and preservation of shell eggs for marketing. 10 marks
2(a) Define biotransformation and discuss the pathways of biotransformation of drugs in the animal body. 20 marks
2. (b) Write in detail the etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and control of Trypanosomiasis in cattle. 20 marks
2. (c) Discuss pre slaughter care and handling of food animals. 10 marks
3. (a) Discuss in detail anemia in animals with its classification, symptoms, clinical pathology and diagnosis. 20 marks
3. (b) Meat from spent/aged animals and birds are tough. How the meat from such animals and birds can be utilized economically and profitably? 20 marks
3. (c) What is the need for drying of milk? Discuss the principle and process of spray drying of milk including its advantages and disadvantages. 10 marks
4. (a) Discuss the effects of climate change on the productivity of large ruminants. 20 marks
4. (b) What is post parturient recumbency ? Discuss about its etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, and diagnosis. 20 marks
4. (c) What are the measures do you suggest to improve the quality of meat for domestic consumption ? 10 marks
5. Discuss the following in about 150 words each: 10x5=50 marks
5. (a) Ectodermal and endodermal derivatives in mammalian embryo. 10 marks
5. (b) Emerging zoonotic diseases of International concern with specific remarks on prevalence, control and preventive measures for Influenza. 10 marks
5. (c) Processing of cheddar cheese with a flow chart. 10 marks
5. (d) Factors influencing the microbial growth on meat causing spoilage and the control measures to retard microbial growth. 10 marks
5. (e) Processing of wool and its specialty as fiber for garment manufacture. 10 marks
6. (a) What are the materials to be sent to the laboratory by field veterinarians for diagnosis of different bacterial and viral diseases of poultry? 20 marks
6. (b) Enlist meat and milk-borne diseases. Discuss on their epidemiology, prevention, and control. 20 marks
6. (c) Discuss about the processing of “ready to cook” chicken with a flow diagram and BIS grading for dressed chicken. 10 marks
7. (a) Define paralysis and discuss about its classification and line of treatment in domestic animals. 20 marks
7. (b) Write about the technology recommended for converting condemned carcasses into meat-cum-bone meal and discuss on the methods employed for the above. 20 marks
7. (c) Write the salient features (etiology, non human principal host, mode of infection, symptoms, and class of zoonoses) for the following zoonotic diseases: 10 marks
8. (a) Define pasteurization of milk. Write its objectives and basis of formulation of time-temperature standards. Enlist different methods of milk pasteurization and discuss in detail about the method used in modern commercial dairy plants. 20 marks
8. (b) Discuss about the etiology, epidemiology, symptoms, differential diagnosis, treatment and control of erysipelas of swine. 20 marks
8. (c) Give an example of surgical condition requiring general anesthesia in cattle and discuss briefly about the different stages of general anesthesia. 10 marks