HCS Exam 2021 Preparation - Haryana Government Affairs
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Exam 2021 Preparation - Haryana Government Affairs
Haryana Current Affairs play an important role in the preparation for the HPSC HCS Exam. As far as HCS Prelims 2021 Exam is concerned, various Haryana Government Affairs are a must to read. Not only the Haryana GK but the Haryana State Current Affairs are used as a base for framing the questions in the Haryana Civil Services Exam. As you know very well, today's article is also one among the series of current affairs articles that is prepared by the expert team for the HCS Exam 2021 Preparation. In this article, you will find various important Haryana Government Affairs from 2020 to 2021.
Check out one of the previous articles here: HCS Current Affairs 2021 - Appointments in Haryana
The Haryana Government has increased the cadre strength of the Haryana Civil Services (Executive) to 307 from the existing 300.
- According to an order issued by Haryana Chief Secretary, the cadre strength has been increased to 307 as per the Haryana Civil Services (Executive Branch) Rule, 2008, for a period of three years.
Manesar in Gurugram district will now be the 11th municipal corporation of Haryana
- On inclusion of these 29 villages under the new municipal corporation, Manesar, the required criteria of the minimum population of 3 lakhs will be fulfilled.
- Till now, there were 87 municipalities in Haryana, including 10 municipal corporations, 19 municipal councils, and 58 municipal committees.
Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal announced that the year 2021 would be observed as 'Sushasan Parinam Varsh' during which officers and employees at the field will be trained to ensure successful implementation of various Good Governance reforms.
- The year 2020 has been marked 'Sushasan Sankalp Varsh.’
Women in Haryana will now have equal participation in the state’s panchayat polls with the Vidhan Sabha passing a Bill to amend the Haryana Panchayati Raj Act to ensure that 50 percent of seats are kept for women.
- The Haryana government has passed a Panchayati Raj Second Amendment Bill.
- Earlier, the participation of women was not less than 33 percent.
Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Mr. Dushyant Chautala has inaugurated the Atal Kisan-Mazdoor Canteen at the Kisan Rest House at Adampur Anaj Mandi in district Hisar. This canteen has been started by Haryana Agricultural Marketing Board, where farmers and laborers will get a full meal for just Rs 10.
- This is the second canteen in district Hisar, earlier this kind of canteen was opened in Hansi. Atal Kisan-Mazdoor Canteen in Adampur will be operated by the Women Cluster Organization.
- The women of the organization will be paid Rs 25 per plate, out of which Rs 10 will be given by the customer and the remaining Rs 15 will be given by the government. On this occasion, the Deputy CM visited the exhibition of various products prepared by the women self-help groups of Siswal and Chuli Bagdian. Surf and soap by Asha Women's Self Help Group and other products by Ekta Women's Self Help Group were displayed here.
- The group also produces masks and hand sanitizers, about which the Deputy Chief Minister enquired in detail. Haryana Labour & Employment Minister, Mr. Anoop Dhanak was also present on the occasion.
The Haryana Government passed a bill on November 6 which provides a right to recall an elected member of Panchayati Raj Institutions if they fail to perform their duties well.
- The state government also provided 50% reservation to women in these bodies.
- The Haryana Panchayati Raj (Second Amendment) Bill, 2020 was tabled by Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala in the house on the last day of the Vidhan Sabha Session.
- The bill allows recalling village sarpanches and members of district-level Zila Parishads and block-level panchayat Samitis if they fail to perform their duties.
Haryana Government has sanctioned Rs. 49.87 crore to be paid to farmers in district Hisar as compensation for damage to crops due to hailstorms and heavy rains during Kharif 2019, Rabi 2019-20, and Rabi 2020.
Additional Chief Secretary and Financial Commissioner, Revenue and Disaster Management Department, Mr. Sanjeev Kaushal, stated that a proposal to this effect had been approved by Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal.
- A sum of Rs. 34.79 crore had been approved for Kharif 2019 and Rabi 2020, and Rs. 15.08 crore for Rabi 2019-20.
The Haryana cabinet approved a "panchayat tax", under which the state will levy a two percent tariff on electricity bills for consumers who fall within the limits of the rural bodies in the state.
- However, electricity consumption for agriculture and some other categories is exempted from the tax.
Haryana Government has decided to restructure and redesignate the Command Area Development Authority (CADA) as Micro Irrigation and Command Area Development Authority (MICADA) for the effective implementation of Micro Irrigation projects, especially in the water-deficient areas.
- The aim of the present state government has been to ensure optimum and effective utilization of available water resources in the state.
- While implementing the micro-irrigation projects, priority should be given to the areas having a scarcity of water.
Panipat district jail has become the first jail in Haryana to have its own radio station which will be operated and run by the inmates.
- As per the jail authorities, the RJs included a 24 years old Afghanistan national Nimatullah, who is in Panipat jail for an illegal stay in India without a valid visa.
- For this project namely 'Tinka Jail Radio', the jail authorities have selected five inmates out of 940 prisoners and undertrials lodged in the district jail.
- The project has been initiated by Tinka Tinka Foundation headed by Dr. Vartika Nanda.
Aviation service between Chandigarh and Hisar has been recently launched by the Chief Minister of Haryana at Chandigarh International Airport.
- A private air taxi company has started this service. It is India’s first air taxi service.
- The distance from Chandigarh to Hisar will be covered by this aircraft in 45 minutes.
- Aviation services will also begin from Hisar to Dehradun on January 18 and from Hisar to Dharamshala on January 23.
- Aviation services have been launched under the Udan scheme.
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) scheme was launched in April 2017 under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Haryana Government will install solar power plants in all cow-shelters (Gaushalas) of the state following which Haryana Gau Seva Aayog has signed an agreement with HAREDA (Haryana Renewable Energy Development Agency).
- In addition, Biogas plants will also be set up in all cow shelters based on the number of cows.
- This information was given by the Chairman of Gau Seva Aayog, Mr. Sarwan Kumar Garg during a press conference at Fatehabad.
Haryana Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation has provided financial assistance of Rs 660.43 lakh to 952 beneficiaries under various schemes during the current financial year till October 2020, including a subsidy of Rs 61.40 lakh
- The Corporation provides loans under various categories to people belonging to the scheduled castes so that they can establish their business and become self-employed.
- These categories include agriculture and allied sectors, industrial sector, trade, and business sector, and self-employment sector. Financial assistance is also being provided to them under the schemes implemented with the help of the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation.
- A loan of Rs 297.66 lakh has been provided to 523 beneficiaries under dairy farming, poultry farming, sheep farming, pig farming, and Jhota-Buggy. Of this, Rs 271.05 lakh has been issued as a bank loan, Rs 26.61 lakh as subsidy, and Rs 1.47 lakh as margin money.
To implement the New Education Policy Haryana was the first state to organize a four-day digital conclave of academicians in Chandigarh.
- Haryana will be the first state in the country to implement the New Education Policy.
- The state has given permission to open schools for classes from 9th to 12th while adhering to the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Union Home Ministry.
- The Education Minister has also expressed gratitude to the President of the Haryana State Higher Education Council, Prof. Brij Kishore Kuthiala, under whose guidance the Conclave of Academics was organized, and important suggestions were compiled and incorporated to implement the New Education Policy.
Haryana Government will procure cotton from October 1, 2020, through the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) at the Minimum Support Price (MSP).
- Last year, there were 20 Cotton Procurement Centres in Haryana, which is being increased to 40 this year.
- The Chief Minister made it clear that during the cotton procurement process, the already standardized cotton norms of moisture up to 12 percent in the context of cotton will be followed and no change will be made.
Haryana Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal has directed to constitute a ‘Micro Irrigation Mission Authority’ and to prepare a plan for groundwater management at the district and state level in continuation of the ‘Mera Pani-Meri Virasat’ Scheme to ensure that not a drop of water goes waste.
- The Chief Minister presided over a meeting called to discuss the schemes, with the Departments of Irrigation and Water Resources, Development and Panchayat and Public Health and Engineering
- After this, the Chief Minister reviewed the plans for formulating Micro Irrigation Mission Authority and schemes regarding groundwater management at the state and district levels.
Haryana Council of Ministers which met under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal, approved the creation of a new Department i.e. Citizen Resources Information Department (Nagrik Sansadhan Suchna Vibhag).
- The Council of Ministers has decided that in order to provide an impetus for the Parivar Pehchan Patra for preparing a common database for implementation of Government schemes and delivery of Government services through the digital medium.
- The new department will be dealing the various subjects namely, Parivar Pehchan Patra, Development of Citizen Resource's inventory as a common database with the use of informatics and information infrastructure, Promotion and development of common database across Departments, common networks, and informatics including geoinformatics for delivery of Government to citizen services.
For the first time, the All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) has opened admissions for girl students for the academic session 2021-22 for Class VI (Class 6th) across the country.
- The All India Entrance Examination (AISSEE)-2021-2022 will be held for both boys and girls on January 10, 2021.
- The entrance examination for Class IX will be held for boys on the same day. Sharing details in this regard, Principal Sainik School, Kunjpura, Karnal, Colonel V.D. Chandola
- The admission entrance examination which is held every year is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), on behalf of the Sainik Schools Society for admission in 33 Sainik Schools in the country.
- The online applications from boys and girls for Class VI and boys for Class IX are invited for admission in Sainik School, Kunjpura.
Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal who is also the Chairman of the Haryana Sahitya Akademi will unveil the statues of three classical litterateurs Sant Kavi Surdas, Babu Balmukund Gupt, and Lok Kavi Pandit Lakhmi Chand on November 18 in the Academy campus, Panchkula.
- A special study center is also being set up in the Academy campus for research on the published literature of these great litterateurs.
- The Vidhan Sabha Speaker, Mr. Gian Chand Gupta, and Additional Chief Secretary, Information, Public Relations and Languages Department Mrs. Dheera Khandewal will attend the inaugural ceremony as Chief Guest to be held through video conferencing. He informed that on this occasion, the grandson of Pandit Lakhmi Chand and the descendants of Babu Balmukund Gupt will also be honored.
Haryana State Government has enhanced the annual family income limit for a household for qualifying as a beneficiary under Below Poverty Line (BPL) category in the State from Rs 1.20 lakh to Rs 1.80 lakh
- The government will ensure that maximum eligible families get the benefit of various government schemes admissible to them.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up two dedicated COVID-19 hospitals of 500 beds each in Panipat and Hisar,
- The Army's Western Command has been asked to provide doctors and other medical staff for the facilities
- DRDO will set up two Dedicated Covid Hospitals in Haryana of 500 beds each at Panipat and Hisar.
Chief Minister Manohar Lal has approved the purchase of 200 acres of land for the AIIMS to be constructed in Rewari, as well as the purchase of land for 7 projects.
- This approval was given at the agreed-upon price of the landowners.
- Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala was also present on the occasion.
- The Deputy Commissioners and landowners of the respective districts also joined the meeting through video conferencing.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced an increase in the salaries of sanitation workers both in rural and urban areas in the state.
- The monthly salary of sanitation workers in rural areas will go up from 12,500 to 14,000 rupees per month and for those in urban areas from 15,000 to 16,000 rupees.
- The Chief Minister made these announcements at 'Safai Mitra Utthan Sammelan' in Karnal.
- An insurance compensation of Rs 10 lakh is provided to the family of the workers engaged in sewage cleaning.
- Upon the death of a sanitation worker, engaged in works other than sewage cleaning, a benefit of Rs 5 lakh will be provided under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Suraksha Bima Yojana, while Rs 2 lakh will be provided in case of natural death.
The Haryana government has approved the construction of a bridge on the Markanda river to connect Harigarh Bhorakh and Jandheri villages in Kurukshetra
- Once completed, the bridge will improve road connectivity for 35 villages in the Pehowa area.
- Haryana CM had announced the project in 2017.
- The bridge will also provide an alternative route to those headed for Punjab from Pehowa.
Skill India has established the first Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in the Power Sector on the campus of the National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurugram Haryana.
- India's partnership with the Government of France for instituting the Centre of Excellence is another shining example of cooperation between the countries to achieve their long-term energy goals.
Haryana Government has approved setting up of Government Model Sanskriti Primary School in Uklana Assembly constituency.
Minister of State, Mr. Anoop Dhanak expressed his gratitude to the Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal, Deputy Chief Minister, Mr. Dushyant Chautala, and Education Minister, Mr. Kanwarpal for this important decision taken in the direction to bring reforms in the Education Sector.
- A total of 20 such schools will be set up in the Uklana region.
- 8 such schools will be set up in the Agroha block which includes GPS Agroha, GPS Kanoh, GPS Kuleri, GGPS Kuleri, GGPS Nangthala, GPS Nangthala, GGPS Siwani Bolan, and GPS Siwani Bolan.
- A total of 8 Government Model Sanskriti Primary Schools will be set up in Barwala Block.
Sh. Manohar Lal approved the allotment of 140 acres of land of Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HSIIDC) to Flipkart Group for setting up their largest Fulfilling Centre in Asia, having a covered area of 3 million square feet in Patli Hajipur, Manesar.
- This approval was granted in the 10th meeting of the Board held under the Chairmanship of the Chief Minister. Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala, Education Minister, Sh. Kanwar Pal was also present in the meeting.
- During the meeting, the Chief Minister was apprised that the land allotted at a price of Rs 3.22 crore per acre to Instakart services private limited (a Flipkart group company) will not only give impetus to further investments in the region but would further boost market access opportunities for lakhs of MSMEs, Sellers from Haryana and North India.
The Haryana forest and wildlife department has decided to merge the manpower of its two wings — wildlife wing and territorial forest department — for tackling the acute shortage of manpower in both the wings, which have been working independently since the beginning
- The decision was taken in a high-level meeting chaired by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (Haryana), V S Tanwar.
- The wildlife wing of the state has a strength of merely 77 personnel, including wildlife inspectors, sub-inspectors, rangers, and wildlife guards.
- As regards forest department personnel, the strength is around 1,710 personnel.
The Haryana Assembly has recently passed a bill that will allow authorities to recover compensation from violent protesters for damage to property (Haryana Recovery of Damages to Property During Disturbance to Public Order Bill, 2021 )
- It states that “any person leading, organizing, planning, exhorting, instigating, participating or committing such incidents that lead to damages” is liable to pay compensation.
- The Haryana Recovery of Damages to Property bill was passed after an hour-long discussion.
Haryana's second Technology Centre will be set up in Saha town, located in Ambala district, for which a proposal has been sent to the central government regarding the acquisition of 20 acres of land.
- This information was shared by Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala, who also holds the portfolio of the Department of Industries and Commerce, during the Budget session in the Vidhan Sabha
- He shared that the MSME Technology Centre was set up at IMT Rohtak by the Union Government on September 11, 2018.
Four jails of Haryana state have been selected for the second phase of Prison Radio in the state.
- These are District Jail Rohtak, Bhondsi District Jail (Gurugram), Central Jail Hisar, and District Jail, Karnal.
- For this, 26 inmates have been trained during the Radio Presentation Skill Programme conceptualized and executed by Prison Reformer Vartika Nanda.
- These inmates include five women and one transgender.
- The training program concluded at Bhondsi District Jail Gurugram.
- Haryana had launched its first prison radio in District Jail Panipat on January 16 this year.
A planned colony will be developed by the Haryana government for the poor people in the rural areas of the state, where there will be a separate powerhouse to provide electricity and ponds will also be constructed to feed their animals.
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala gave this information in response to a question asked by an MLA during the budget session of Haryana Vidhan Sabha.
- The first planned colony of the state will be established by Haryana Rural Development Authority at Israna in the Panipat district, where laborers to small workers will be able to take their plots.
Under the Khelo India campaign, the Central Government has launched the Mini Sports Centre Scheme for the development and promotion of sports at the grassroots level.
- Under this scheme, these mini-sports centers will be run by former champion players to train new players. For these mini-sports centers, applicants can apply at District Sports and Youth Program Officers' office by September 30, 2020.
- The scheme covers 14 Olympic Games including archery, athletics, boxing, badminton, cycling, fencing, hockey, judo, rowing, shooting, swimming, table tennis, weight lifting, and wrestling, etc. Apart from this, football and other sports can also be included in this scheme
- Under this scheme, Central Government will provide a one-time amount of Rs. five lakh to these Centres for maintenance of sports grounds, sports equipment, and sports kits, etc.
The UNDP has launched the 'Sahi Disha' campaign to celebrate women's livelihoods and entrepreneurship in rural India.
- Sahi Disha campaign highlights issues that impact the opportunities of women living in rural India to access livelihoods and jobs.
- The Disha initiative, a five-year collaboration between UNDP and the IKEA Foundation, enabled one million women through skilling and counseling services to access job and livelihood opportunities across Delhi NCR, Haryana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Telangana.
- The initiative also provided psycho-social support to mentor and empower women in starting their own enterprises and in challenging gender stereotypes at home and in the community.
Panchkula has been made a new (operation) circle of UHBVN and OP Division Pinjore will also function under OP Circle Panchkula.
- Till now Panchkula was functioning under Operation Circle Ambala.
- Gyanchand Gupta told that he was trying to make Panchkula a new OP circle for a long time.
- So that all the power-related complaints of the residents of Panchkula can be redressed on the basis of prominence in Panchkula itself.
- After the creation of a new circle in Panchkula, the total number of operation circles of UHBVN has increased to 10.
Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal has accorded approval for the allocation/release of funds to the tune of over Rs. 5.66 crore to Municipal Corporation, Faridabad for various development works including up-gradation of civil dispensary old Faridabad to Multi-speciality hospital and up-gradation of a primary boys school to middle school in Old Faridabad.
- The funds to the tune of over Rs 2.72 crore have been allocated for providing and laying sewer lines in the Ballabgarh area.
- These included Rs 86.43 lakh for providing and laying of the sewer line at Baniyawara and Kumarwara in Ward No. 37 Ballabgarh, Rs 86.06 lakh for providing and laying of the sewer line at Sihi gate road to disposal Sec-3, Tigaon road in Ward no. 36 Ballabgarh, and Rs 99.59 lakh for providing and laying of the sewer line at Milk Plant road to Ahirwara, Rajwara, Balmiki Basti Bainyawara, Kumarwara and Tigaon road Ballabgarh.
Haryana Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Mr. J.P. Dalal has welcomed the two Bills - The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020 and The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020, which were passed by the Rajya Sabha
- These Bills will be effective in making both agriculture and farmers self-reliant.
- Mr. Dalal asserted that these Bills will play an important role in fulfilling Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi's aim of doubling the income of farmers by the year 2022.
- The agricultural sector is a very extensive sector in the country.
- As the Bills have been passed now, the farmers can sell their produce in the Mandis of any state in the country, either themselves or through Farmer Producers' Organisations.
Mr. Manohar Lal has given Administrative approval of Rs. 33.78 lakh for the opening of a new Government Homeopathic Dispensary and construction of its building in village Barwa, in Kurukshetra district.
An amount of Rs. 34.56 lakh per year is expected to be spent on these posts.
Click here to join our HCS Test Series and avail of up to a 50% discount today.
India has 22 out of 30 most polluted as per IQ Air Report 2020.
Out of which 9 are from Haryana
Under the ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’ to curb corruption in Haryana, the Chief Minister's flying squad conducted raids at the kiosks in the judicial premises of Mini Secretariat (e-Disha Kendra) in district Charkhi Dadri, Rohtak team of Chief Minister's flying squad had received information regarding discrepancies in registration certificates of vehicles and issuance driving license at the e-Disha Kendra.
Haryana Yog Aayog Bill 2021 was passed on March 15, 2021, along with four other bills by the Haryana Vidhan Sabha during the ongoing budget session.
- The Haryana Yog Aayog Bill, 2021 was passed to establish Haryana Yog Aayog for the promotion, management, regulation, training of Yoga.
- Other Bills that were passed include:
The Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was passed to amend Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994.
- The Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was passed to further amend the Haryana Municipal Act, 1973.
- The Haryana Enterprises Promotion (Amendment), Bill 2021 was passed to further amend the Haryana Enterprise Promotion Act, 2016.
Three bills were passed during the ongoing Budget Session of the Haryana Vidhan Sabha
- These Bills include The Haryana Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2021, The Haryana Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2021, and The Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Area (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- The Haryana Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has been passed so that the decision taken by the Haryana Bureau of Public Enterprises (Finance Department) on June 26, 1992, for the introduction of pension scheme and to comply with the orders passed by Punjab and Haryana High Court on July 8, 2016, in a civil writ petition filed in 2012, therefore suitable provisions may be made in Haryana Rural Development Act, 1986 to provide pension and consequential retiral benefit to the employees of Haryana Rural Development Fund Administration Board with retrospective effect with effect from April 3, 1987.
- The Haryana Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has been passed to further amend The Haryana Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017. The Haryana Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 was enacted with a view to making a provision for levy and collection of tax on intrastate supply of goods or services or both by the state government. Goods and Services Tax Act was implemented in the country as well as in the State with effect from July 1, 2017.
Postgraduate students in Haryana will now get passports free of cost from their respective colleges.
- According to a decision by the government, passports will be issued to students irrespective of enrollment and the service will be absolutely free.
- The objective is to ease the process to obtain a passport and encourage students to pursue higher education. When a student enrolls for a passport from college, he/she doesn't have to go through police verification and a few more steps will be curtailed.
The Haryana Government will establish the India International Horticulture Market (IHM) at Ganaur, Sonepat in an area of 545 acres.
The total cost of the project is Rs. 2400 crore out of which Rs. 1600 crore will be arranged from the NABARD under RIDF/NIDA and the balance Rs. 800 crore will be provided by the state government
Panchkula is chosen to be developed as a solar and green city. Pinjore and Gurugram to be developed as film shooting hubs
You may find it helpful for HCS Exam 2021 Preparation: 20,000 MCQs for HCS Exam
The Haryana government has set a target of increasing the number of women in the police to 15%.
- Apart from this, to stop cybercrime in Haryana, the government is now preparing to open 6 new cyber stations in Faridabad.
- In order to give police training to women, a women IRB battalion in Gurugram and a test center for women police in Hisar is going to be set up
- New police stations are being opened in the state. In this financial year, approval has been given to open 6 new cyber police stations in Faridabad and 11 new police stations in Karnal.
The Rajya Sabha has approved a bill that declares two food technology institutes at Kundli, Sonipat in Haryana, and Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu as national institutes
- The Rajya Sabha passed The National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 by voice vote.
- The Bill declares the National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management Kundli, and the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur as National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Management.
Bhiwani Medical College will be named after the famous freedom fighter Pandit Neki Ram Sharma
- Women in Haryana will now have equal participation in the state’s panchayat polls with the Vidhan Sabha passing a Bill to amend the Haryana Panchayati Raj Act to ensure that 50 percent of seats are kept for women.
- The Haryana government has passed a Panchayati Raj Second Amendment Bill.
- Earlier, the participation of women was not less than 33 percent.
The Government proposes to declare
- forts of Loharu in Bhiwani district,
- Karankot (Bhattu) in Fatehabad district,
- Rani ki Chhatri at Ballabgarh in Faridabad district,
- old Tehsil Building Nuh, Tomb Complex Tauru, and Chuhimal ki Chhatri in Nuh district,
- Kila Jaffargarh in Jind district,
- Lal Masjid and Bagha Wali Kothi at Dujana in Jhajjar district, and
- Kaithal Fort in Kaithal district as protected sites under the Punjab Ancient Historical Monument & Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, 1964
Smriti Gate will be built in the Defense Colony of Ambala Cantt, in the name of Naib Subedar Ravindra Jakhar, who was martyred in Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu's Nowshera sector.
- Home Minister Anil Vij has instructed the city council officers to make gates in the name of a martyr.
- Naib Subedar Ravindra Jakhar was of the 16th Grenadier Regiment of the army.
- On 1 January, he was martyred and cremated in his native village Salabas district Jhajjar.
Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal has unveiled a 7-feet high statue of the Architect of the Indian Constitution, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar on the premises of Haryana Vidhan Sabha.
- The seven-foot-high statue of Baba Saheb set up in Haryana is made of copper metal.
- Weighing 400-kg it took one month time to the artists to build it. Besides this, seven portraits including that of the first Prime Minister of the country, Sh. Jawaharlal Nehru, former President Dr. Abdul Kalam, former Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Swami Vivekananda, former Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Swami Vivekananda, etc have been put up in this gallery.
Haryana Government will now extend artificial insemination services to goats
- The focus will be on improving the breed of goats through artificial insemination and saving endangered species.
- The availability of milk in Haryana is 1142 grams per person per day, which is much higher than the national average of 394 grams.
- A Goat Breeding Center will be established in Loharu (Bhiwani) to improve the breed of goats, which is important in increasing milk production.
- A mini milk plant will also be built in the Sherla village of Bhiwani.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated a museum, developed on the theme of the 1857 freedom struggle, on the Kurukshetra University campus.
- The museum has been built at a cost of Rs 5.38 crore. He was here as the chief guest for a cultural event organized on the occasion of Baisakhi.
- The event was organized jointly by the Haryana Kala Parishad and KU
Haryana Cabinet which met under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has given approval for the formation of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, Lohgarh Foundation (Trust) (HQs-Yamunanagar) which is situated at Bhagwanpur Haryana and other places.
- This decision was taken in pursuance of the announcement of the Chief Minister on November 12, 2017, that a trust would be set up to support a coordinated effort and to take forward various initiatives promoting research, preservation, and development of various sites relating to Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.
- Notably, recent evidence at Lohgarh has highlighted the need for putting in place a robust mechanism, with the help of domain experts, to preserve the rich legacy and values embodied by Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.
Haryana Minister of State for Archaeology and Museums and Labour and Employment, Mr. Anoop Dhanak inaugurated the renovation work of roads at New Grain Market in Uklana of Hisar district, incurring a cost of Rs 2.50 crore.
- On this occasion, Mr. Anoop Dhanak announced that it was a long time ago when the roads were constructed in the new grain market of Uklana.
- The condition of the roads has been worn out over time, so in view of problems being faced by farmers and commission agents, Rs 2.50 crore has been sanctioned by the Government to repair the roads of New Grain Market.
- Now all the roads inside the grain market will be repaired with the aforesaid amount. This will facilitate the farmers to bring their yield to the grain market.
- The work of street lights has been started at Surewala-Uklana four-lane which will not only enhance the beauty of Uklana city but this four-lane road will better facilitate the commuters as well.
The Haryana government has decided not to levy any property tax on the land used for agriculture only in urban areas.
- With this, the government claims Haryana has become the first state in the country to exclude land used for agriculture only from the purview of tax by making amendments in the section of the property tax itself.
- A Bill has been passed in the Assembly in this regard
The Haryana Government is striving for radical changes in the education sector, emphasizing the universalization of education.
- In this series, Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal, taking another step towards digital education, has handed over projects worth more than Rs 10.60 crore to various districts of the state including Gurugram. The Chief Minister inaugurated four projects digitally.
- These include Project E Lakshyvahini worth more than Rs 1.18 crore in collaboration with Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd. Foundation, through which about 10,000 students from five districts including Ambala, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, and Yamunanagar will be provided training through Common Service Centres Training for more than 100 competitive exams.
|UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material|
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|