HCS Current Affairs 2021 - Appointments in Haryana
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Current Affairs 2021 - Appointments in Haryana
If you are a civil services aspirant and preparing for the HCS exam 2021, then you must check the HCS Previous Year Papers and examine them thoroughly. Then you will find that not only the Haryana GK but the Haryana Current Affairs also play an important part in the HPSC HCS Exam preparation. So, our team has prepared a series of important articles on Haryana's current affairs from June 2020 to May 2021. In this series, you will find topic-wise articles that are important for HCS Prelims 2021. The present article covers various appointments in Haryana from the last year till now.
Mr. Vijai Vardhan has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of the state
The post of Chief Secretary is very important in the administrative setup. The new Chief Secretary, the team of administrative officers will make every effort to ensure that all government welfare policies reach every needy person. The development of the state will be further accelerated by better coordination between the government and the administrative machinery.
Haryana Governor Mr. Satyadeo Narain Arya administered the oath of office to senior Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer, Mr. Alok Verma as the new Chairman of Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC). Mr. Alok Verma took the oath of Allegiance, Post, and Secrecy in the presence of Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal at the swearing-in ceremony held at Haryana Raj Bhawan
The Haryana Government has appointed Lt. Col Ashok Mor as Principal and Director of Motilal Nehru Sports School, Rai.
- Motilal Nehru School of Sports is a boarding school located in Rai in Sonipat district of the Indian state of Haryana.
- It was founded in July 1973 by the Government of Haryana.
- The school is organized on the public school pattern. It is fully residential and co-educational.
The Haryana government has issued transfer and appointment orders of three IAS officers with immediate effect.
- Wazir Singh Goyat, Secretary of, Human Rights Commission, has been given the additional charge of the Secretary of, Finance Department.
- Ravi Prakash Gupta, Director, Swarn Jayanti Haryana Financial Management Institute, has been appointed Director, Environment and Special Secretary, Environment and Climate Change.
- Pradeep Dahiya, director of the state's civil resource information department and additional secretary of the revenue and disaster management department, has been posted in Gurugram district to assist the district administration in managing Covid-19 with immediate effect.
Educationist and well-known social worker Dr. Shakuntala Sharma has been appointed as the General Secretary of Haryana State by the Nationalist Brahmin Federation.
- Dr. Shakuntala Sharma is also a state executive member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Apart from this, Dr. Shakuntala Sharma is associated with many social and religious organizations.
- National President of Nationalist Brahmin Federation, Pravesh Dutt Bhardwaj
- State President -Ramraji Sharma
The newly appointed Chairman of Harco Bank, Mr. Arvind Yadav, has assumed charge in the gracious presence of Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mr. Gian Chand Gupta.
- Managing Director of Harco Bank, Mr. Manoj Kumar Bansal informed that the Bank has provided loans worth Rs. 45645 crore to the farmers during the last 6 years at the nominal interest rate and this year a target of providing loans of Rs. 10500 crore has been set by the bank.
- He informed that keeping in view the problems faced by the farmers, and acting as per the directions of the State Government, the bank waived interest of Rs 617.62 crore.
Vice-Chancellor of Maharana Pratap Horticultural University, Karnal, Dr. Samar Singh has been given an additional charge of Vice-Chancellor of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University (CCSHAU), Hisar.
- This decision was taken in a meeting held with the officials of CCSHAU, under the chairpersonship of Chief Secretary, Mrs. Keshni Anand Arora
- Among those present during the meeting included Additional Chief Secretary, Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare Department, Mr. Sanjeev Kaushal, Additional Chief Secretary, Finance and Planning Departments, Mr. TVSN Prasad, Principal Secretary Development and Panchayats Department, Mr. Sudhir Rajpal, and Registrar cum Secretary of CCSHAU, Hisar, Mr. B.R Kamboj.
The Haryana Government has issued transfer and posting orders of five HCS officers with immediate effect.
- Yogesh Kumar, Additional Excise and Taxation Commissioner, Haryana and Collector, Excise, Haryana has been posted as Secretary, Haryana State Agriculture Marketing Board.
- Samwartak Singh Khangwal, Additional Director, State Transport, Haryana has been posted as Additional Transport Commissioner, Haryana.
- Meenaxee Raj, Joint Transport Commissioner, Haryana and Inquiry Officer, HAFED has been posted as Joint Director, State Transport, Haryana and Inquiry Officer, HAFED.
- Ashutosh Rajan, General Manager, Haryana Tourism Development Corporation and Sub Divisional Officer (Civil), Sonipat has been posted as Joint Excise & Taxation Commissioner, Haryana, and Collector, Excise, Haryana.
- Vijay Singh, Secretary, Haryana State Agriculture Marketing Board has been posted as Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil), Sonipat.
Haryana Government has decided to declare one Central Jail and three District Jails in the State as Special Jails (Temporary Jails) for the confinement of new male prisoners remanded to judicial custody in Haryana till the receipt of their COVID-19 reports.
- Mr. Manohar Lal has approved a proposal in this regard.
- These Special Jails would include Central Jail-II, Hisar, and District Jails of Faridabad, Karnal, and Rewari.
- One Medical Officer and another paramedical staff would be deputed for examination and treatment of prisoners at these special jails.
- It would be ensured that the Medical Officers and paramedical staff are tested for COVID-19 and negative reports obtained before their deputation at these jails.
- Apart from this, it would also be ensured that testing of prisoners for COVID-19 and submission of reports is done on a priority basis.
Haryana government has appointed 14 new Chairmen and one Vice-Chairman of various Boards and Corporations with immediate effect.
- The newly appointed Chairmen include former MLA Mr. Subhash Barala as Chairman, Haryana Bureau of Public Enterprises,
- Mr. Rakesh Daulatabad as Chairman, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation Limited,
- Mr. Ram Niwas as Chairman, Haryana Khadi, and Village Industries Board.
- While former Olympian, Ms. Babita Phogat of Charkhi Dadri has been appointed as Chairman, Haryana Women Development Corporation,
- Mr. Kailash Bhagat of district Kaithal has been appointed as Chairman, HAFED,
- Mrs. Nirmal Bairagi of district Karnal as Chairman, Haryana Backward Classes Welfare Corporation,
- Mr. Ram Niwas Garg of district Yamunanagar as Chairman, Haryana Vyapari Kalyan Board,
- Mr. Arvind Yadav of district Rewari as Chairman, Harco Bank,
- Mr. Randhir Singh has been appointed as Chairman, Haryana Dairy Development Cooperative Federation Ltd.
- Also, Mr. Dhuman Singh Kiramach of district Kurukshetra has been appointed as Vice-Chairman of the Saraswati Heritage Board.
Haryana Government has transferred the services of Superintendent of Police, Panipat, Ms. Manisha Chaudhary, to the Central Government.
- Also, she has been directed to report for duty to the Joint Secretary (UT) of the Ministry of Home Affairs, leaving her current appointment with immediate effect.
- It is worth noting that regarding the inter cadre deputation, Ms. Manisha has been appointed SP (Security and Traffic) in the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Prof Som Nath Sachdeva has been appointed as the new Vice-Chancellor of Kurukshetra University
- Governor and KU Chancellor Satyadeo Narain Arya has appointed Prof Som Nath Sachdeva of the department of civil engineering, NIT, Kurukshetra, as the new VC of the university for a period of three years.
Rajinder Singh Jindu was appointed joint secretary of the School Games Federation of India at the National convention held in Tamil Nadu.
- The conference was attended by Rajindra Singh Jindu and Deepak Sharma from Haryana.
- The Federation got its first representation from Haryana.
Haryana Government has given Mr. Alok Mittal, IPS the charge of Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Criminal Investigation Department with immediate effect.
Social activist and former naval officer Kailash Saini has been appointed as the political advisor of the Haryana Backward Class General Assembly.
- They will work to fill the vacant posts reserved for backward classes in government posts in the state.
- Ramkumar Ramba, President of Haryana Backward Classes Mahasabha, has entrusted him with important responsibilities.
Ajay Mathur, next director-general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- He heads the New Delhi-based The Energy and Research Institute (TERI), is set to become the next director-general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), with Mauritius withdrawing from the race
- ISA, co-founded by India and France, is the first treaty-based international government organization to be based in India.
- The alliance has become a significant public policy tool for India and is considered a counter to China’s ambitious One Belt One Road initiative.
Haryana Government has issued posting orders of nine HCS officers of the 2020 batch, (awaiting orders of posting) with immediate effect.
- Chandrakant Kataria has been posted as Additional Managing Director, Haryana Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.
- Mayank Bhardwaj has been posted as Joint Excise & Taxation Commissioner, Haryana.
- Mukund has been posted as Deputy Secretary, Haryana, Administrative Reforms Department.
- Mangal Sain has been posted as Deputy Secretary, Haryana Industries & Commerce Department.
Dr. BR Kamboj has been appointed as the new vice-chancellor of the Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University (HAU)
- Earlier, Dr. Samar Singh, vice-chancellor of the Maharana Pratap Horticulture University Karnal was holding the additional charge of the HAU after the completion of the term of Dr. KP Singh
Mr. Subhash Barala, the newly appointed Chairman of Haryana Bureau of Public Enterprises
- Mr. Manohar Lal has given him a new responsibility in the government and he will perform the new assignment with complete devotion and dedication.
- Mr. Barala also thanked the Chief Minister for giving him this new assignment.
- BJP State President, Mr. Om Prakash Dhankhar accompanied Mr. Barala to take over his new charge at his office in Haryana Civil Secretariat.
Haryana Government has issued transfer and posting orders of three HCS officers with immediate effect.
- Mr. Gaurav Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Zila Parishad, Karnal, and Chief Executive Officer, DRDA, Karnal has been given additional charge of District Municipal Commissioner, Panipat.
- Mr. Kapil Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Kurukshetra Development Board, Kurukshetra has been posted as City Magistrate, Fatehabad.
- Mr. Anubhav Mehta, City Magistrate, Fatehabad has been posted as Chief Executive Officer, Kurukshetra Development Board, Kurukshetra.
Click here to join our HCS Test Series and avail of up to a 50% discount today.
The government has extended the tenure of Arun Kumar, chief of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) by six months.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the extension for a period of six months beyond 20 April, or until further notice, whichever is earlier, as per a circular.
- Kumar, a 1989 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Haryana cadre, was appointed as DGCA chief in July 2019.
- He had held additional charge of the post between May and July 2019 with the retirement of BS Bhullar.
- Prior to his DGCA post, Kumar was an additional secretary at the ministry of civil aviation
Justice Mehtab Singh Gill, a retired High Court judge took over as State Chief Vigilance Commissioner.
- He was administered oath through video conferencing by Punjab Governor V P Singh Badnore.
- The name of Gill, former acting chief justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, was recommended by a three-member committee headed by Amarinder and comprising Punjab Vidhan Sabha Speaker Rana K P Singh and senior-most minister in the Cabinet Brahm Mohindra.
The Haryana Government has appointed Bhopal Singh as the chairman of the Haryana State Selection Commission (HSSC).
- He has replaced BB Bharti.
- Bhopal Singh is a postgraduate in eight subjects, besides being a law graduate.
- He has an RSS background and is considered close to CM Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Kanwal Jeet Saini, Vijay Kumar, Satyawan Shera, Vikash Dahiya, and Sachin Jain have been appointed as members of the commission.
Dr. Veena Singh held the post of PMO in the General Hospital has been made the Director-General of Health Department, Haryana.
- Dr. Surajbhan Kamboj retired 6 months earlier but had extended his tenure due to a corona infection. After his retirement, Dr. Veena Singh has been promoted to the post of Director-General.
- There are two posts of Director General in the department. JS Grewal had already been promoted to this post. However, the responsibility of the HOD of the department will be with Dr. Veena Singh. The order has been ordered by ACS Rajiv Arora of the department. Dr. Veena Singh has been working as an Additional Director General since December 2020.
The Haryana government has appointed Navraj Sandhu, IAS (Retd) as the chairman of the Haryana State Police Complaints Authority, with immediate effect.
- In addition, Kamleshwar Kumar Mishra, IPS (retired), and Ramesh Chandra Verma, IAS (retired) have been appointed as members of the authority.
- The tenure of the Chairman and the members of the Authority shall be for a period of three years from the date of assuming office.
IFS Neeraj Chadha has been appointed by the Haryana Government as the Managing Director of Tourism Corporation.
Chadha is an IFS officer of the 2011 Himachal cadre. His appointment has been made with the mutual consent of the Government of Himachal Pradesh and Haryana.
- He has played important roles in several districts of Himachal capital
- The Government of Haryana wants to take the services of Neeraj Chadha and bring tourism further to Morni Hills, Kurukshetra, Pinjore among the prominent places in Haryana.
- The aim of the government is to attract tourists to these places through religious and cultural activities as well as adventure sports.
You may find it helpful for HCS Exam 2021 Preparation: 20,000 MCQs for HCS Exam
International shooter Gauri Sheoran has been appointed as the Global Ambassador of the International Woman’s Club (IWC).
- Former President of South America’s Ecuador Country Rosalia Ertiga has announced the appointment of Gauri Shoran on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The IWC is headquartered in Paris, France, and the women’s club is also supported by Switzerland, Canada, and England.
- Gauri has recently won the gold medal in shooting at the World University Championships and the South Asian World Cup.
Jindal Power Ltd has recently announced the appointment of former bureaucrat Anil Kumar Jha as its Chairman.
- Jha is the former chairman of Coal India Limited.
- JPL is a subsidiary of steelmaker Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL),
- JSPL Chairman Naveen Jindal
Haryana Director-General of Police Manoj Yadava, who was due to return to the central deputation, will continue in his post for another year, as per a notification issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- The state government, after issuing orders of his extension in January this year, had written to the MHA seeking a one-year extension of his tenure.
IG, Karnal Range, Bharti Arora was posted as IG, Ambala Range replacing Y Puran Kumar.
- Arora will also hold the charge of Karnal range for a while. Kumar was posted as IG, Home Guard.
- Rakesh Kumar Arya on his promotion as IG was posted as IG, Hisar Range, replacing Sanjay Kumar who was posted as IG, administration, and law and order.
Shashank Anand, managing director, UHBVN Ltd, was given an additional charge of DIG, CID.
On his promotion to the rank of DGP, Shatrujeet Singh Kapoor was posted as director-general of prisons (designate).
Mr. Jai Krishan Abhir as District Municipal Commissioner, Mahendragarh, Ms. Sangeeta Tetarwal, Managing Director Haryana Women Development Corporation Limited as District Municipal Commissioner, Sirsa
- Ms. Monika Gupta, Additional Chief Executive Officer, Smart City Faridabad, and Chief Executive Officer, Faridabad City Transport Service Limited as District Municipal Commissioner, Palwal.
- Mr. Sanjeev Kaushal, Additional Chief Secretary, Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Department and Additional Chief Secretary, Cooperation Department, has been posted as Additional Chief Secretary and Financial Commissioner, Revenue and Disaster Management and Consolidation Departments, and Additional Chief Secretary, Cooperation Department.
- Mr. Alok Nigam, Additional Chief Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department and Additional Chief Secretary, Medical Education, and Research Department have been posted as Additional Chief Secretary, Public Works (B&R) and Architecture Department and Additional Chief Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, and Additional Chief Secretary, Medical Education, and Research Department.
UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
Frontier IAS Youtube Channel Frontier IAS Facebook Page Frontier IAS Telegram Channel Frontier IAS Whatsapp Pinnacle Youtube Channel Pinnacle Facebook Page Pinnacle Telegram Channel Pinnacle website