Haryana Sports Current Affairs 2021 - For HCS Exam
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Haryana Sports Current Affairs 2021 - For HCS Exam
Haryana Current Affairs along with the Haryana GK play an important role in the HCS Exam Preparation. The knowledge of current affairs will not only add to your score in the HPSC HCS Prelims Exam but also help in framing the answers in the HCS Mains Exam. So, it becomes very important for the aspirants to read and understand carefully the Haryana Current Affairs. As far as duration is concerned, if you read at least Last One Year Haryana Current Affairs then it will help a lot. For this, our expert team has prepared Topic Wise Haryana Current Affairs from June 2020 to May 2021. We will continue to update the list till the HCS Prelims 2021 Exam. In this article, you will find Sports-related Haryana Current Affairs covering various important sports events in Haryana in the last year which are important for the HPSC/HCS Prelims Exam 2021.
Central Government approves financial assistance of Rs 20.67 crore to Haryana Government for organizing Khelo India Youth Games -2021
- Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs, Sh. Sandeep Singh announced that there will be an agreement between the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the Haryana Government for organizing the Games, in which the rules and responsibilities of the SAI and Haryana Government on the Games will be discussed.
- This is the fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Panchkula
- Athletes selected under Khelo India are awarded an annual scholarship of Rs. 6.28 lakhs, which includes an out-of-pocket allowance of Rs. 10,000 per month.
- The main objective of the Khelo India Games is to build and strengthen the sports ecosystem throughout India so that more and more players can win medals in the upcoming Olympic Games.
The International Olympic Committee's (IOC) Boxing Task Force has handed Amit Panghal rank No.1 ahead of the Olympic Qualifiers.
- Amit Panghal is widely popular for winning the Silver medal at the 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships.
- The 24-year-old also bagged a gold medal at the 2018 Jakarta Palembang Asian Games in the light flyweight (Men's 49kg) category.
- A gold medal at the Asian Championships in 2019 and a Commonwealth Games silver medal in 2018 are some of Amit's other achievements.
Shafali Verma (from Rohtak, Haryana) is set to become the fifth Indian female cricketer to feature in the inaugural edition of The Hundred in England.
- Indian women cricketer Shafali Verma replaced New Zealand stalwart Sophie Devine for Birmingham Phoenix in The Hundred.
- Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, and Deepti Sharma have also enrolled themselves for the tournament.
- They took part in the now-defunct Kia Super League (KSL) in 2019, the England cricket board's domestic T20 tournament that made way for The Hundred.
- Shafali Verma is the top-ranked T20 international player in women's cricket.
- “The Hundred” is a professional franchise 100-ball cricket tournament involving eight men's and women's teams located in major cities across England and Wales.
FICCI India Sports Awards 2020
- Tokyo Olympics-bound athletes — wrestler Bajrang Punia (from Jhajjar, Haryana) and shooter Elavenil Valarivan — bagged the top honors at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2020 held virtually this year owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The two athletes, who have had an impressive 2019-20 season, won the Sportsperson of the Year awards in their respective categories.
Haryana’s Amit Khatri (from Rohtak) stamped his presence as the best among the country’s crop of U20 race walkers by winning the 10000m title.
- The 17-year-old Amit clocked 40 minutes 40.97 seconds
- Amit marked his presence first in 2018 when he claimed the U16 5000m Race Walk National Record in 21:17.63
Sumit Malik (from Rohtak, Haryana) has secured a Tokyo Olympics berth after making it to the finals in the 125kg freestyle category of the World Wrestling Qualifier in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- He becomes the 4th male and 7th overall wrestler to qualify.
- Sumit joins the elite company of Ravi Kumar Dahiya (57kg), Bajrang Punia (65kg) and Deepak Punia (86kg) in men's freestyle and Vinesh Phogat (53kg), Anshu Malik (57kg), and Sonam Malik (62kg) in women weights for those who have qualified for the Olympics.
- Malik will take on Russian wrestler Sergei Kozyrev in his quest to bag gold.
Neha Pilania, a resident of Khanpur Khurd village in Jhajjar district has qualified for the World Boxing Championship Poland.
- Neha was honored with the National Bal Shakti Puraskar Award by President Ram Nath Kovind in 2020.
- Neha has won four medals at the international level.
- Gold Medal in the 8th International Championship held in Poland in September 2018, Gold Medal in the International Boxing Tournament held in April 2019 in Spain, Gold Medal and Best Boxer Award in the International Boxing Competition held in June 2019 in Germany.
Indian wrestler Seema Bisla has secured a Tokyo Olympics berth in women's 50kg after reaching the finals of the World Olympic Qualifier at Sofia in Bulgaria.
- Seema becomes the fourth woman and eighth overall wrestler to qualify for the quadrennial event.
- With this, India equals its previous best qualification of eight wrestlers from the 2016 Olympics.
- Seema joins the elite company of Ravi Kumar Dahiya (57kg), Sumit Malik, (125kg) Bajrang Punia (65kg) and Deepak Punia (86kg) in men's freestyle and Vinesh Phogat (53kg), Anshu Malik (57kg) and Sonam Malik (62kg) in women weights for those who have qualified for the Olympics.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has inaugurated the 82nd National Table Tennis Championships-2020 at Tau Devi Lal Stadium, Panchkula.
- Table Tennis Federation of India resumed the domestic calendar with this week’s nationals at Panchkula apart from four more national championships in various categories in the coming weeks at Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- All the players including Sharath Kamal, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Harmeet Desai, Manika Batra competed in Panchkula.
Two racewalk athletes from Haryana have won the Tokyo Olympic ticket for the country.
- Sandeep Poonia, a resident of Mahendragarh, won the Olympic quota in 20 km with 1 hour 20 minutes, and 16 seconds in the National Open Race Walking Competition in Ranchi.
- Sandeep Poonia broke the national record after eight years in a 20 km walk. Earlier in 2012, Kerala player KT Irfan set a national record of 1 hour 20 minutes 21 seconds.
- Bahadurgarh athlete Rahul Rohilla finished second in the national competition and took 1 hour, 20 minutes, and 26 seconds.
Para athletes Navdeep and Arvind secured two quotas for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
- Haryana’s para-athlete Navdeep produced a brilliant throw of 43.58 meters in his third attempt to take gold in the men’s javelin F41 event.
- Overall, India has so far won 17 medals, including nine gold at the 12th Fazza International Championships-Dubai 2021 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Indian men javelin throwers -world champion Sandeep Chaudhary (F44), Ajeet Singh (F46), and Navdeep (F41), who were later joined by Pranav Prashant Desai with gold in men’s 200m F64.
- Meanwhile, world champion javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar (F46) managed only bronze.
India’s top-ranked table tennis player Manika Batra beat Reeth Rishya, in the women’s singles final, to win the 82nd Senior National Table Tennis Championship
- The championship was held at the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Panchkula, Haryana.
- It was Manika’s second Nationals title. She won her maiden national title in 2015 in Hyderabad.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced Team India for the T20 series against England.
- Haryana's all-rounder Rahul Tewatia has also been selected in the 19-member team.
- Tewatia made his first-class debut in the ‘2013-2014 Ranji Trophy’ against Karnataka at Rohtak, Haryana.
- He was with Rajasthan Royals -2014 IPL season, with Kings XI Punjab in 2017; with Delhi Daredevils in 2018
Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala has been retained as president of the Table Tennis Federation of India(TTFI)
- Chautala is the youngest president of any National Sports Federation (NSF) in the country.
- In its 84th Annual General Meeting of the NSF held at a city hotel, Arun Kumar Banerjee from Uttar Pradesh took over as the Secretary-General. He now holds the post vacated by Mahinder Pal Singh.
- TTFI also has a fresh face in the form of Gurpreet Singh, the new treasurer of the Federation.
The fourth edition of 'Khelo India Youth Games-2021' will be organized in Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Delhi, and Chandigarh from November 21 to December 5, 2021, in which various sports activities under-18 category would be organized.
- Besides this, some BRICS Games 2021 would also be organized during Khelo India.
- This decision was taken in the first meeting of the Executive Committee constituted for the Khelo India Youth Games -2021 held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary, Haryana, Sh. Vijai Vardhan.
- Sh. Satya Narayan Meena, Senior Director, Khelo India, Sports Authority of India also attended the meeting through video conferencing.
Young Indian golfer Nishtha Madan came up with a great display of putting to win her fourth career title on the Cactus Tour — a developmental tour in Arizona — by four strokes.
- The 23-year-old Gurugram resident had a superb first round of 63, her personal best.
- She followed it up with identical 71s on the next two days to finish at 11-under par.
- She beat Cheyenne Woods of the US by four strokes. Nishtha, whose goal is to play on the LPGA Tour, had to face a lot of uncertainty last year after the Q-School was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Wrestler Ritika Phogat (17), a cousin of the Phogat sisters, allegedly committed suicide in Haryana's Charkhi Dadri district after she lost the final bout of a tournament, in Bharatpur, Rajasthan.
- A native of Rajasthan's Jaipur village, Ritika was staying with her uncle and Dronacharya awardee Mahavir Singh Phogat in Charkhi Dadri's Balali village for the past four years.
Arjun Awardee boxer Manoj Kumar has been appointed by Haryana Government as Deputy Director in Haryana Sports Department.
- Manoj had participated in the London Olympics 2012 and Rio Olympics 2016. He was ranked ninth and has played the World Championship five times.
- In these, he has also obtained a bronze medal.
- He has been awarded the country's best boxer award in the year 2017.
- In 2014, he was awarded the Arjuna Award by the Government of India.
Shafali Verma from Rohtak, Haryana has won the top spot in the ICC women’s T20 rankings
- The 17-year-old grabbed the top spot for the first time.
- She left behind Australia’s Beth Mooney after scoring 23 and 47 during the ongoing T20 series against South Africa.
- India captain Mithali Raj has moved up one place to eighth after an unbeaten 79 against South Africa in the 5th ODI last week.
Manish Narwal (shooter from Faridabad, Haryana): Gold at the 2021 Para Shooting World Cup
- Manish Narwal made history as he shattered the world record to clinch a gold medal in the P4 mixed 50m pistol SH1 event at the 2021 Para Shooting World Cup.
- It also marked the second gold medal for India after Singhraj clinched the top podium spot in the P1 men’s 10m air pistol SH1 event.
- The 19-year-old Narwal is spearheading the new generation of Indian para-shooters.
Haryana boxer Amit Panghal has won a bronze medal in the 52kg category at the Governor’s Cup in St Petersburg, Russia.
- Panghal, winner of a silver medal at the 2019 World Championships, lost to the world champion Shakhobidin Zoirov of Uzbekistan in the semifinals.
- Panghal was the lone Indian to reach the medal rounds at the Governor’s Cup after seasoned competitors like Olympics-bound Ashish Kumar (75kg) and Sumit Sangwan (81kg) bowed out early.
Chandigarh’s Vijayveer Sidhu has won the silver medal in the 25m Rapid Fire pistol competition.
- He was defeated by Estonia’s Peeter Olesk
- Whereas, Aneesh Bhanwala was eliminated in the finals
Click here to join our HCS Test Series and avail of up to a 50% discount today.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), captained by Virat Kohli, has got a great start in IPL (IPL 2021) this time.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have played two matches this season and have won in both. The credit for this victory goes to Shahbaz Ahmed.
- He took 3 wickets for 7 runs in 2 overs in the match with Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Shahbaz Ahmed took all three wickets in the 17th over of Hyderabad's innings and from here the match turned towards Bengaluru.
- Shahbaz Ahmed hails from Mewat district, Haryana
Vinesh Phogat had qualified for the Games through the World Championship in 2019.
- Sonam Malik from Sonipat has recently won the Tokyo Olympics quota.
- Anshu Malik (Jind ) qualified for the Tokyo Olympics quota during the Asian Wrestling Qualifiers held in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Deepak Punia has won the quota in the World Wrestling Championships 2019
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya and Bajrang Punia secured their berth in the Tokyo Olympics after winning bronze medals in their respective weight categories.
Haryana's Sarita Mor: Asian Wrestling Championships in Almaty by winning back-to-back titles in the women's 59 kg.
- The 25-year-old defending champion made a dramatic turn-around and win over Mongolia's Shoovdor Baatarjav.
- Sarita Mor hails from the Sonepat district
- Sarita Mor is a 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship silver medallist in the 58kg weight division.
- She has also won a gold medal in the 59kg weight division at the 2020 Asian Wrestling Championship and recently bagged a silver medal at the Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 in the 57kg weight division.
Wrestling player Navdeep Malik has won the title of Bhumanand Kumar in the National Open Wrestling Dangam.
- Navdeep Malik is a wrestler of Pratap School Kharkhauda, Sonepat District.
- Even before this, Navdeep has won many awards.
Haryana defeated Jharkhand in a shootout to clinch the 11th Hockey India sub-junior women National Championship 2021 title after the final.
- Uttar Pradesh Hockey finished third in the 11th Hockey India Sub Junior Women National Championship 2021
- Hockey India junior national women’s championship will take place during April 3-12 at Jharkhand's Simdega for the first time
The fourth edition of 'Khelo India Youth Games-2021'
- The fourth edition of 'Khelo India Youth Games-2021' will be organized in Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Delhi, and Chandigarh from November 21 to December 5, 2021, in which various sports activities under-18 category would be organized.
- 25 types of sports would be organized in these games to be held in Haryana, including five traditional sports such as Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-ta, Mallakhamba, and Yogasana.
- He informed that about 8500 participants would take part in the 'Khelo India Youth Games -2021'.
You may find it helpful for HCS Exam 2021 Preparation: 20,000 MCQs for HCS Exam
Panchkula’s Yashaswini Deswal and Jhajjar’s Manu Bhaker won gold and silver in the women’s 10m air pistol at the ISSF World Cup at Dr. Karni Shooting Range (DKSSR) in New Delhi.
- Yashaswini upstaged the more celebrated Manu by finishing 2.1 points ahead, totaling 238.8 points to Manu’s 236.7.
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal won the second gold medal for the nation in the 10m air pistol event team event.
- She is the daughter of ITBP DGP SS Deswal
All India Civil Service Kabaddi competition is being organized as per the instructions of the Haryana Sports and Youth Program Department.
- The state-level selection trials will be conducted for the players participating on behalf of the Haryana team in this competition.
- The selection trials for the men's kabaddi competition for this competition will be held on April 8 and for the women's team on April 9 at the Bhim Stadium Bhiwani.
Geeta Saini from Haryana has been announced as the winner of the 13th Senior Women's Bodybuilding Competition held at the 'Indira Gandhi Pratishthan' in Gomti Nagar.
The tournament was organized by Uttar Pradesh Bodybuilding Association.
Prashant Singh Kanhaiya of Bhiwani has become the country's first pole vaulter to qualify for the World University Game.
- Kanhaiya jumped 5.10 meters in the Senior National Championship held in Patiala.
- The World University Games will be held in China in August.
- He won a gold medal in the Under 20 National Game in Guntur in 2019.
Tokyo Olympics-bound Indian shooter Manu Bhaker (from Jhajjar, Haryana) has been named as India’s Emerging Player of the Year by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
- Manu Bhaker has multiple International Sports Shooting Federation (ISSF) World Cup gold medals to her name and in 2019, she won the gold medal at the ISSF World Cup Final in China.
- Bhaker, also a Commonwealth Games gold medallist, is one of the 15 Indian shooters who has secured a quota place for the Tokyo Olympics.
- Former Olympian and long jump star Anju Bobby George were conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sandeep Kadian, the head of the Panipat District Boxing Association, was unanimously elected the acting head of the state.
- Apart from this, Bheem Awardee Charan Singh Rathi has been appointed as the technical advisor.
- Raj Narayan Panghal has been appointed as a press spokesperson, Rajesh Sheoran, Umashankar, and Advocate Sombir Ahlawat as members.
- In a meeting held in Ambala on 11 March, the present head Major Satyapal Sidhu was removed from the post by bringing a no-confidence motion to 16 districts by the boxing heads.
- Actually, boxing sports activities had come to a standstill for quite some time.
Click here to get HCS Previous Year Papers
Legendary cricketer Kapil Dev has been inducted as one of the board members of the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
- Dev had captained India to World Cup glory in 1983
- 1979–80 – Arjuna Award
- 1982 – Padma Shri
- 1983 – Wisden Cricketer of the Year
- 1991 – Padma Bhushan
Bajrang Punia( Jhajjar) clinched a gold medal in the 65 Kg freestyle event by defeating his rival Tulga Tumur Ochir of Mongolia in the Matteo Pellicone World Ranking Series event in Rome.
- This is Bajrang's second consecutive gold medal at the Matteo Pellicone event as he had finished on the top of the series in January 2020 as well.
Haryana’s wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won the gold medal in the women's 53-kg category at XXIV Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Preparations have been made to build the country's largest shooting range in Sonepat.
- This shooting range will be made at Motilal Nehru Sports School Rai in Sonepat.
- The building has been built for this international shooting range, so now the maximum number of machines and targets will be installed.
- For this, a proposal of a budget of Rs 9.5 crore has been approved and the work of preparing the range by putting machines and targets will start as soon as the budget presents in the new financial year.
Mountaineer Rohtash Khileri of Haryana has conquered Kilimanjaro, the highest peak of the continent of Africa.
- She was accompanied by mountaineer Annu Yadav.
- Mountaineer Rohtash Khileri, resident of village Malapur in Hisar, beat up Kilimanjaro along with Anu Yadav, a resident of Vidyut Nagar.
- Rohtash Khileri has also conquered Mount Everest.
Haryana's men's volleyball team secured the first position in the 69th Senior Volleyball competition played in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Apart from this, the Kerala women's team achieved this title.
- Haryana defeated Assam in the competition. It was his first win in the finals in 14 years.
- 1200 (male and female) volleyball players from 28 states and 8 union territories participated in the Senior National Championship.
- It was organized by the Odisha Volleyball Association (OVA) and the Volleyball Federation of India (VFI).
Haryana’s International rank shooter Vishwajeet Singh, whose sports gradation certificate was under the scanner after then principal secretary (sports) Ashok Khemka had flagged it
- He joined as Haryana Civil Services (Executive branch) officer, on March 10.
- Singh had moved the Punjab and Haryana High Court against the state government.
- On January 21, the court had allowed his petition and directed the state government to issue him an appointment letter within four weeks.
Arjuna Awardee Indian shooter from Yamuna Nagar, Haryana.
He was a retired Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian Navy.
- Sanjeev Rajput and Tejaswini Sawant teamed up to defeat their Ukraine rivals winning the final of the mixed team 50 m rifle.
- Both have Olympic quota places in rifle 3-positions.
The Punjab and Haryana high court has issued notice to the Haryana government on the alleged denial of the prestigious Bhim Award to the Olympian shooter, Sanjeev Rajput for his achievements in the field of sports.
- According to Rajput, who is a native of Yamunanagar district of Haryana, he has also been denied a cash award under the state’s sports policy.
- Justice Amol Rattan Singh of the HC has issued the notice after taking cognizance of the petition filed by the ace shooter.
- Rajput is also a recipient of the Arjuna Award, which is the country's most prestigious sports award.
- Bhim award is Haryana's top sports award given to a sportsperson from the state for his extraordinary achievements.
|UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material|
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|