Haryana Current Affairs in English - Rankings 2020-21
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Haryana Current Affairs in English - Rankings 2020-21
Haryana Current Affairs along with the Haryana GK play an important role in the HCS Exam Preparation. The knowledge of current affairs will not only add to your score in the HPSC HCS Prelims Exam but also help in framing the answers in the HCS Mains Exam. So, it becomes very important for the aspirants to read and understand carefully the Haryana Current Affairs. As far as duration is concerned, if you read at least Last One Year Haryana Current Affairs then it will help a lot. For this, our expert team has prepared Topic Wise Haryana Current Affairs from June 2020 to May 2021. We will continue to update the list till the HCS Prelims 2021 Exam. In this article, you will find Haryana Current Affairs covering various Ranking that has been grabbed in the last year by the State or the districts of the State.
You can also read our previous articles related to Haryana Current Affairs for HCS Exam 2021. The links are given below:
Name: India Innovation Index 2020
Rank: Haryana -6th
- As per the NITI Aayog, India Innovation Index 2020, Haryana (sixth) and Punjab (10th) find a place among the top 10 most innovative states
- Karnataka ranks first.
- The index places Himachal Pradesh at the top among the hill and north-eastern states. Chandigarh has made a leap forward to rank second among the UTs after Delhi.
Name: Saksham Education scorecard
Rank: Panchkula at top
- Karnal district has improved its ranking in the Saksham Education scorecard and reached the fifth position in March in the state.
- The ranking is declared on the basis of different parameters, including a digital and online initiative for improvement in the study
- In February, Karnal was in second place from the bottom, but efforts of the Education Department and district authorities bore fruit and the district has jumped 16 slots and reached the fifth position.
- With 96.8 percent, Panchkula is at the top in the state, followed by Kaithal (94.8), Jhajjar (93.5), Kurukshetra (92.9).
Name: Smart City Ranking
Rank: Faridabad has ranked 46th
Faridabad has ranked 46th in the country with an improvement of 31 points in the Smart City Ranking released by the Union Urban Development Ministry.
- The city was ranked 77 last year.
- In four years, development works worth Rs. 368 crores have been done.
- At the same time, development work of 600 crores remains. City bus service is also to be started by FMDA. This will further improve the ranking in the future.
- The ranking of cities is released by the Union Urban Development Ministry on the basis of the regular work done under the Smart City.
Click here to get HCS Previous Year Papers
Name: Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index
Rank: Haryana at the top
Haryana state has the best Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index among 29 states in the country.
- The ‘Anemia Mukt Bharat’, an initiative of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) and UNICEF, has been launched to reduce the prevalence of Anemia all over India.
- In a recently released scorecard of the Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) Haryana was ranked at the top slot with an AMB Index of 46.7.
- This information came to light during the 8th Governing Body Meeting of the State Health Society of the National Health Mission (NHM) in Chandigarh
Name: Annual ranking of police stations for 2020
Rank: Taraori police station (Karnal) is the Best police station
The best police station of the state in the annual ranking of police stations for 2020:: Taraori police station (Karnal)
- The Taraori police station has been adjudged the best police station of the state in the annual ranking of police stations for 2020.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued a certificate of best police station 2020 to the Taraori police station.
- Apart from selecting the 10 best police stations in the country, state-wise ranking is also issued wherein Taraori police station has figured.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, work is being done all over Haryana in the scheme of providing clean water from the tap to every house.
- Under this, the total connections in each district have to be included in the scheme. Which was started after December of 2019.
- Under this scheme, Kurukshetra and Panchkula are in the top position, while Nuh district has the lowest rank.
- The scheme aims to provide this facility to the people.
Name: Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation and Achievements
Rank: Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar ranked first.
Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar has bagged the first position in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation and Achievements released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Meanwhile, it has been ranked third in the category of all state universities and government-aided universities.
- University (then) Vice-Chancellor, Professor Samar Singh stated that the University has been able to achieve this as a result of efficient leadership along with far-sightedness, positive thinking, and team spirit.
- The rank band was issued by the Union Ministry of Education, under the Chairmanship of Vice-President, Mr. Venkaiah Naidu.
Click here to join our HCS Test Series and avail of up to a 50% discount today.
Name: Municipal Performance Index
Rank: Karnal among the 60 civic bodies
- According to the Municipal Performance Index released by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri in the ''million-plus population'' category, Indore secured the top position
- New Delhi Municipal Council topped the chart in the ''population less than million'' category.
- It was followed by the civic bodies of Tirupati, Gandhinagar, Karnal, Salem, Tiruppur, Bilaspur, Udaipur, Jhansi, and Tirunelveli which were among the 60 civic bodies which were in contention in the ''below one million'' category.
Name: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana
Rank: Haryana is at the top
Haryana is the first state in the country to successfully complete the first batch of Phase-III of 'Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana'.
- In this batch, 690 km length of rural roads came under Haryana at a cost of Rs 383.58 crore.
- The Deputy Chief Minister holds the portfolio of the Public Works Department.
Name: The first district in the state to provide water from tap to every house
Rank: Panchkula at the top
Panchkula has become the first district in the state to provide water from tap to every house and provide at least 55 liters of water to every person in the house.
- Under the Central Government's ambitious scheme Jal Jeevan Mission, water is being supplied from tap to every village in the district.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Jal Jeevan Mission on 15 August 2019.
- Under this mission, a target has been set to provide tap water to every household in the country till 2024
You may find it helpful for HCS Exam 2021 Preparation: 20,000 MCQs for HCS Exam
Rank: Rohtak has topped
Rohtak has topped the tally with an SRB of 997 after jumping 15 places and gaining 85 points.
- It is followed by Panipat with 976 and Jind with 956. Rohtak was in the 16th position in 2020 with an SRB of 912 and on the 18th position in 2019 with an SRB of 911.
- Sirsa slipped from first to 17th position with a drop of 48 points.
- It registered SRB of 901 in the first quarter while the figure was 949 last year.
- Similarly, Kurukshetra (918) witnessed a drop of 20 points, Hisar (904) of 18 points, Sonepat (915) of 17 points, Nuh (931) of eight points, Yamunanagar (921) of seven points, Faridabad (909) of six points and Ambala (928) of three points.
Name: Sex ratio
Rank: Faggu, a village in Sirsa district, is the best performer.
Faggu, a village in Sirsa district, has been adjudged the best village for improving the sex ratio. (May 2021)
- In the year 2020, 1741 daughters were born in this village against the rate of one thousand boys.
- In the efforts to promote the Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao campaign, the Best Village AWARD scheme was launched in the year 2002 to improve the sex ratio.
- Under the scheme, incentives are given to the girl students of the village who have topped the sex ratio, who were toppers in 10th standard.
- Among them, the first daughter will get 75 thousand in merit, 45 thousand in second, and 30 thousand rupees for the third-place student.
- In the campaign to save daughters, Sirsa has topped 4 times in the last 5 years.
Name: The beautification of the city, sanitation, upkeep of community toilets, and garbage disposal policy.
Rank: Haryana at second position
Haryana Urban Local Bodies Minister, Mr. Anil Vij announced that the state has received two National-level awards owing to the outstanding work done by the Department with regard to hygiene and sanitation.
- A survey to evaluate sanitation was conducted between January 4 to January 31, in 4,242 cities of the country.
- In this survey, several initiatives were taken, including the beautification of the city, sanitation, upkeep of community toilets, and garbage disposal policy were reviewed. Haryana has scaled up to second position this year from the ninth position last year in this survey. This ranking has been done among the states with less than 100 Urban Local Bodies. Taking a leap ahead when it comes to sanitation, Charkhi Dadri has received the award for Fastest Mover City. Charkhi Dadri has received this award at the 11th position while competing with North Indian cities with a population of 50,000 to 1 lakh. It has inched up from 850th rank last year to 11th rank this year.
|UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material|
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|