Haryana Current Affairs for HCS - Awards and Honors 2020-21
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Haryana Current Affairs for HCS - Awards and Honors 2020-21
Haryana Current Affairs are very important as far as the HPSC HCS exam is concerned. If you are preparing for HCS Exam 2021, then it is a must for you to read last year's Haryana Current Affairs along with Haryana GK. For that, you need not search here and there because you are at the right place now. You can rely upon various Haryana current affairs articles prepared by our experts. You can follow us regularly and find the Topic Wise Haryana Current Affairs (From June 2020 - May 2021). This will help you a lot in the Online Preparation of the HPSC HCS 2021 Exam. In the present article, You will find details of various Awards and Honors received by various Persons, Institutes, Panchayats, and Districts, of Haryana in 2020-21.
You can also read another article in this series: Haryana Current Affairs 2021 - Persons in News
Award Name: Haryana Sanskrit Gaurav Samman
Related News: Dr. Hari Singh Shastri has been selected for 'Haryana Sanskrit Gaurav Samman'.
- He will be given this honor by Haryana Sanskrit Academy. Director of Haryana Sanskrit Academy
- Dr. Hari Singh Shastri has composed many books in Sanskrit
- He has increased the pride of Sanskrit.
- After that, he completed the education of Acharya seven times. Ph.D. was also completed from the University of Chandigarh, Punjab.
Award Name: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award-2020
Related News: Two scientists of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University have obtained Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award-2020.
Dr. Rashmi Tyagi, Co-Professor of Sociology Department, and Dr. Jatesh Kathpalia have been given this honor on behalf of the Society of Tropical Agriculture by presenting their papers within the convention.
Award Name: Best Training Institution for Non-Gazetted Officers (NGOs)
Related News: Haryana Police Academy (HPA), Madhuban has bagged the Union Home Minister’s Trophy for the Best Training Institution in the entire country for Non-Gazetted Officers (NGOs), for the year 2016-17.
- Besides, HPA Madhuban, Karnal, and RTC (Recruit Training Centre) Bhondsi, Gurugram have also received four other Union Home Minister Trophies in the North Zone category for the year 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20.
Read also: History of Haryana Notes for HCS Exam
Award Name: Padma Shri
Related News: Retired from Kurukshetra University, Dr. Jai Bhagwan Goyal was selected for the Padma Shri award by the Central Government for giving a new direction to the history of Hindi literature.
- They are originally from Chhachhrauli Yamunanagar. Dr. Goyal retired after holding several positions including Dean in KU Hindi Department.
Award Name: Gallantry Award
Related News: Sonu Ahlwat of Jind, Haryana is a CRPF personnel deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir to protect the country's border.
- He has so far killed 58 terrorists in encounters.
- This time, the President awarded him the Gallantry Award on Republic Day for his bravery.
Award Name: Padma Bhushan in 2021
Related News: Tarlochan Singh was a Member of the Parliament of India, representing Haryana.
- He served as Chairman National Commission for Minorities from 2003 to 2006
- He has done tremendous work for Sikhs around the world.
- He has been awarded India's third highest civilian award the Padma Bhushan in 2021
Award Name: Padma Shri
Related News: Virendra Singh, resident of Jhajjar, Haryana, has been named for the Padma Shri award 2021.
- Virender Singh is a most accomplished deaf and mute wrestler of Haryana.
- He won a bronze medal at the World Wrestling Championships in 1992.
- He won a silver medal at the Commonwealth Championships in 1995.
- He was a gold medalist at the South Asian Championships.
- He won three gold medals at the Deaf Olympics.
Click here to get HCS Previous Year Papers
Award Name: A brand ambassador of the 'Mera Pani Meri Virasat' scheme.
Related News: Femina Miss Grand India Manika Sheokand has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the 'Mera Pani Meri Virasat' scheme by the Haryana Government.
Jind's Manika Sheokand expressed her urge to work on environmental protection and on Climate change issues.
Award Name: Haryana Sahitya Akademi Awards
Related News: Haryana Sahitya Akademi has selected litterateurs for various Awards for the years 2017, 2018, and 2019 Sahityakar Samman Yojana.
Aajeevan Sahitya Sadhana Samman (amount of Rs. 7 lakh)
- Dr. Kamal Kishore Goenka (Delhi) for the year 2017,
- Dr. Suresh Gautam (Delhi) for the year 2018
- Sh. Madhav Kaushik (Chandigarh) has been selected for the year 2019.
- Haryana Gaurav Samman (amount of Rs 2 lakh), resident of Delhi, Dr. Saraswat Mohan Manishi has been selected for the year 2017 and Vinod Babbar for the year 2018.
- Haryana Gaurav Samman Award is conferred to Haryana-born litterateurs practicing literature while residing in another state and bringing laurels to the state.
- Mahakavi Surdas Ajeevan Sahitya Sadhana Samman (amount of Rs. 5 lakh
- Dr. Purnachand Sharma and Sh. Madhukant (Rohtak) for the year 2017
- Dr. Santram Deshwal (Sonipat) for the year 2018
- Dr. Sudarshan Ratnakar(Faridabad) and Smt. Chandrakanta(Gurugram) for the year 2019.
Award Name: SKOCH Gold Award
Related News: Haryana Health Department has won the SKOCH Gold Award for outstanding performance during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Health Department had submitted its project titled ‘COVID-19 Status in Haryana’ for the Awards and was adjudged as the best COVID-19 module by the panelist. The state government had participated in the esteemed 67th SKOCH awards, which were organized through the digital mode, by the SKOCH Group
- The Health Department has been working day and night so as to provide the finest health services to the people of the state at this hour of crisis.
- The government had submitted its project - COVID-19 Status in Haryana - under the category Response to COVID-19.
Award Name: Kriti Awards by Haryana Sahitya Akademi
Related News: The Haryana Sahitya Akademi has decided to declare Kriti Awards after the approval of Academy President, Mr. Manohar Lal.
- Under Shresht Kriti Puraskar Yojana (2016) for Hindi literature, Mr. Harbhagwan Chawla from Sirsa will be awarded Maithilisharan Gupt Shresht Kriti Puraskar (Poetry) for 'Isi Akash Mein',
- Mr. Vikesh Nijhavan, from Ambala, will be awarded Vishnu Prabhakar Shresht Kriti Puraskar (story / short story) for ‘Chuan Tatha Anya Kahaniya’
- Dr. Usha Aggarwal from Mumbai and Mr. Balraj Saini, from Jammu, will be awarded Munshi Premchand Shresht Kriti Puraskar (Novel) for ‘Barf Ke Kalin Par Nanhe Pav’ and ‘Deh Gayee Deewar’ respectively,
- Mr. Sham Lal Kaushal from Rohtak will be awarded Hazari Prasad Dwivedi Shresht Kriti Puraskar (Lalit/Satirical Essay) for ‘Agyakari Pati Hone k Fayade’
- Mr. Vedprakash Nagpal, from Chandigarh, will be awarded Rahul Sanskritiyayan Shresht Kriti Puraskar for 'Mera Zindgi Naama' (Biography/Autobiography/Memoirs)
- Similarly in the Hindi language, Mr. Jai Bhagwan Sharma will be given the Guru Jambheshwar Swarna Jayanti Shrestha Kriti Puraskar (Paryavaran) for ‘Swacchta Aur Hum’ and will receive prize money of Rs 31,000.
Click here to join our HCS Test Series
Award Name: Nurturing Neighbourhoods Challenge cohort
Related News: 25 cities from across the country have been selected for the Nurturing Neighbourhoods Challenge cohort.
- The Challenge is a three-year initiative aimed at supporting early childhood-friendly neighborhoods under the government’s Smart Cities Mission.
- The cities include Rohtak, Haryana.
- The cities will receive support and technical assistance over the next 6 months to test and strengthen their proposals.
Award Name: Institutional Award for social service
Related News: The JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad, has been honored with an 'institutional award' for social service during the lockdown period of the Covid pandemic.
- The award has been given by the Haryana Red Cross Society and Faridabad District Administration.
- Haryana Transport Minister Mool Chand Sharma distributed the awards and University’s Vice-Chancellor Prof Dinesh Kumar received the award.
Award Name: Honor by Haryana Sanskrit Academy.
Related News: Two teachers of Kurukshetra University have been honored by the Haryana Sanskrit Academy.
- Surendra Mohan Mishra, a retired Sanskrit professor at the KU, will receive the Acharya Sthanu Dutt Award for the year 2017, while Lalit Kumar Gaur, Sanskrit professor at the KU, will receive the Maharishi Veda Vyas Samman for the year 2018.
- Vice-Chancellor Prof Som Nath Sachdeva congratulated Prof Mishra and Prof Gaur for this achievement.
Award Name: SKOCH Award for 'Best State in Health'.
Related News: Haryana has been awarded the SKOCH Award for 'Best State in Health'.
- Besides this, Sh. Anil Vij was awarded the title of the Best Health Minister in the country.
- This Award has been given for several outstanding initiatives taken in the field of health at the state and district levels.
- Karnataka was ranked second among them.
Award Name: One district one green champion
Related News: The Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, (GJUST), Hisar, has been honored with the “One district one green champion” award by the Mahatma Gandhi National Council for Rural Education under the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- The university has been awarded for its outstanding contribution to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Vice-Chancellor -Prof Tankeshwar Kumar
Award Name: National Film Awards
Related News: The 67th National Film Awards: Best Haryanvi Film: Chhoriyan Chhoron Se Kam Nahi Hoti.
The event is organized by the Directorate of Film Festivals, which comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Best Feature Film: Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea (Malayalam)
- Best Actor (shared): Manoj Bajpayee for Bhonsle (Hindi), and Dhanush for Asuran (Tamil)
- Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut for Panga (Hindi) and Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (Hindi)
- Best Hindi Film: Chhichhore
You may find it helpful for HCS Exam 2021 Preparation: 20,000 MCQs for HCS Exam
Award Name: Honor for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna
Related News: The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has awarded the Kurukshetra district of Haryana for its remarkable work in the direction of direct payments to the farmers via Aadhaar-linked bank accounts.
- The award was presented at a function organized in New Delhi on the completion of two years of successful implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna (PM-KISAN).
- This award was given by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Sh. Narendra Singh Tomar to Haryana Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, Sh. J.P Dalal.
- It is worth mentioning that this award was presented for the highest percentage of Aadhaar authenticated farmer-beneficiaries in the Kurukshetra district of Haryana.
Award Name: President’s Police Medal
Related News: On the eve of Independence Day, 12 Police officers and officials of Haryana Police have been selected for President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service and Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
- Arshinder Singh Chawla, ADGP Administration, Police Headquarters has been selected to be awarded the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service whereas 11 others have been selected to be decorated with the Police Medal for Meritorious service.
- Those who have been selected to be decorated with Police Medal for Meritorious Service include Ram Lal, Inspector, Chandigarh, Rakesh Mani, Sub-Inspector Rohtak, Mohinder Singh ORP Sub-Inspector Panchkula, Jagdish Parshad Sub-Inspector HAP, Madhuban, Ravinder Singh Sub-Inspector Rewari, Nihal Singh Sub-Inspector Faridabad, Maha Singh Sub-Inspector Panchkula, Ram Kumar Exemptee Sub Inspector/SHO Traffic Shahzadpur, Ambala, Karambir Singh Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Cyber Cell, Karnal, Rajesh Kumar ASI Crime Panchkula, and Shiv Kumar Exemptee ASI State Crime Bureau, Panchkula.
Award Name: Commendation Award (Krishi Karman Award)
Related News: Haryana has been honored with a Commendation Award (Krishi Karman Award), presented by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January two, 2020, for enhanced promotion and production of oilseeds.
- The government has with a renewed mandate been working on all fronts.
- A record procurement of 6.19 lakh metric tonnes of mustard was done during marketing season 2019-20.
- Besides 13,156 metric tonnes of sunflower were also procured. The entire payment at Minimum Support Prices for these crops was made directly into the accounts of the farmers.
Award Name: Young Scientist Award
Related News: Dr. Gaurav Kumar of Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (LUVAS, Hisar) has been awarded the Young Scientist Award at the animal conference Indian Vet Expo-2021.
The event was held in New Delhi on 20-21 March.
- Dr. Gaurav Kumar has been awarded for the presentation on the research paper An Integral Diagnostic Approach for Cardiac Effects in Dogs.
Award Name: Swachhata Darpan Awrd-Panipat
Related News: Actor Aamir Khan conferred the Swachhata Darpan Awards to the best performing districts on key Swachhata parameters at a workshop ODF (open defecation free) Sustainability, organized by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti
- The awardees include East Godavari (Andhra Pradesh), West Kameng (Arunachal Pradesh), Bemtara (Chhattisgarh), Diu (Daman and Diu), Panipat (Haryana), Vadodara (Gujarat), Kolhapur (Maharashtra), Moga (Punjab), East Sikkim (Sikkim) and Pedappali (Telangana).
- Four districts – Dibrugarh (Assam), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh), Indore (Madhya Pradesh), and Puri (Odisha) – were also awarded for innovations and initiatives for plastic waste management.
Award Name: Lakhmichand Rang Samman.
Related News: Pop singer and actor Gajendra Phogat has been awarded the Lakhmichand Rang Samman.
- While Bollywood comedian Sunil Grover was given the Nirmal Pandey Award.
- These accolades have been given at the tenth National Theater Festival held in Panipat.
- In the program, 9 different people of the country were awarded the Rang Samman.
- For the last ten years, this festival has been held every time before International Theater Day (World Theater Day) on 27 March.
Award Name: Krishi Ratna Award
Related News: Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar honored a farmer of Kaithal, Mohinder Singh Rasina, with the Krishi Ratna Award.
- This award has been given to make farmers aware and increase their income by creating crop diversification and farmer producer organization.
- Earlier, farmer Mahendra Rasina has also received National Award in 2011-12 and Haryana Kisan Ratna Award in 2019.
Award Name: Honor for outstanding performance in enhancing the sex ratio.
Related News: Sirsa, Bhiwani, and Sonipat districts were awarded first, second and third prizes respectively for their outstanding performance in enhancing the sex ratio. Prizes of Rs 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, and Rs 2 lakh were given for these awards. These awards were presented to the Deputy Commissioners of these districts.
- Besides this, Nuh, Mahendragarh, and Panchkula were awarded the first, second, and third prizes respectively for state-level nutrition awards. An amount of Rs 2 lakh, Rs 1 lakh, and Rs 50, 000 was given for this award.
- The Deputy Commissioners of these districts received these awards. Also, 38 women were also awarded for outstanding work in sports, social work, and staff.
Award Name: Green Champion Award
Related News: UIET Institute of Kurukshetra University has been awarded the "Green Champion" Award.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Education Council under the Government of India has announced "One District - One Green Champion" awards under the mission "Clean Action Plan 2020-21".
- The institute periodically organizes programs for awakening cleanliness, health, environment, and social consciousness.
- UIET Director is Prof. C. C. Tripathi.
Award Name: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar
Related News: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar for the year 2019-20
- Pataudi block of Gurugram district,
- Siwan block of Kaithal district
- Panchayat of village Kahnaur in Rohtak district
- Shamri Lochab village of Sonipat district
- Village Naryala in Faridabad district
Award Name: Gram Sabha Puraskar
Related News: Badhana Gram Panchayat of Jind District received the Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar.
- Similarly, the Mirzapur Panchayat of Gurugram district was awarded the Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award for preparing the village development plan in advance, while the 'Child-Friendly Gram Panchayat Award -2021' was awarded to the Kahnaur Panchayat of Rohtak District.
Award Name: Honor to be a Mentor Institute
Related News: AICTE has granted YMCA, Faridabad the status of ‘Mentor Institute to support nearby Technical Institutes in achieving quality parameters like NBA Accreditation.
- The University will serve as the ‘Mentor’ (Margdarshan Institute) to guide and disseminate knowledge to 9 Technical Institutes under the Margdarshan Scheme of AICTE.
The Mentee Beneficiary Institutes (MBI) which have been allotted to the University include
- Aravali College of Engineering and Management in Faridabad,
- Dronacharya College of Engineering in Gurugram,
- DPG Institute of Technology and Management in Gurugram,
- NGF College of Engineering and Technology in Palwal,
- St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management in Farukh Nagar (Gurugram),
- Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology in Panipat,
- Government Polytechnic in Sonepat,
- Government Polytechnic in Manesar and Government Polytechnic in Jhajjar.
Award Name: Honors to Women
Related News: On the occasion of International Women's Day; women who excelled in various fields were honored.
- The Indira Gandhi Mahila Shakti Award has been given to Kumari Sumedha Dhani and Dr. Priyanka Soni
- Kalpana Chawla Shaurya Award was given to Smt. Asha and
- Lifetime Achievement Award to Smt. Bhagwati Devi Yadav.
- Apart from this, women were awarded for their outstanding achievements in Sports, Social Sector, Women’s Empowerment along with Anganwadi workers.
Award Name: Best Legislator Award
Related News: Nangal Chaudhary MLA Abhe Singh Yadav and Mullana MLA Varun Chaudhary will be awarded the Best Legislator Award for 2020-21 for their overall outstanding contribution to the Assembly.
- The selection criteria include attendance in the House, behavior on the floor of the House, contribution in carrying out development works for the constituency, and contribution to various House committees.
Award Name: State Teacher Award
Related News: Haryana Government invited online applications for 'State Teacher Award -2020' like 'National Teacher Award' from eligible teachers.
- The applications were invited by the department for 'State Teacher Award-2020' from eligible teachers by October 1, 2020, either by hand or through the post.
- It has been decided by the department that from this year onwards, applications for 'State Teacher Award -2020' will be invited online like 'National Teacher Award
- An online portal is also being created for the same. The applications of teachers will be invited online only after the trial of this portal is conducted successfully.
|UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material|
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|