Education sector of Haryana
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Education sector of Haryana
There was a time when education was not given preference in the society of Haryana. The condition of the girl child was even worse. The girls were not allowed to go to schools or colleges. But now the time has changed and the thinking of society has also changed. Now, people know the value of education. The government of Haryana is also doing efforts for promoting education in the state. A number of policies and schemes favorable to education have been implemented by the government from time to time.
Education sector of Haryana can be studied under the following categories:
- School Education
- Higher Education
- Technical Education
- Haryana State Board of Technical Education
- ITI Haryana
School Education Haryana
Department of School Education, Haryana looks after the school education in the state of Haryana. The department is responsible for hiring and employing secondary school teachers for the Government schools the Government of Haryana.
Below is the list of government schools in Haryana:
Senior Secondary Schools - 1842
High Schools - 1372
Middle Schools - 2395
Primary Schools - 8705
Aarohi Model School - 36
Kisan Model School - 6
Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) - 23
Lab School - 1
Total Government School - 14380
Higher Education Haryana
Higher education plays a critical role in bringing change in a society and a nation.
Some issues that are of prime concern for the State Government are equity, accessibility, quality, and infrastructure. Department of Higher Education, Haryana is responsible for managing higher education in the state. Its vision is to make Haryana a knowledge-based community and to encourage the highest standards in research and publication.
State Universities in Haryana are:
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University Of Science and Technology, Sonipat
- Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya
- Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani
- Indira Gandhi University, Rewari
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
- Ch. Ranbir Singh University, Jind
- Gurugram University, Gurugram
- Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak
- YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
- Lala Lajpat Rai Veterinary University, Hisar
- State University of Performing & Visual Arts, Rohtak
- Shri Vishwakarma Skill University, Palwal
- Maharishi Balmiki Sanskrit University, Kaithal
Central University in Haryana:
- Central University, Jant Pali, Mahendragarh
Private Universities in Haryana:
- Amity University, Gurugram
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala
- O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat
- Northcap University, Gurugram
- Apeejay Stya University, Gurugram
- Baba Mast Nath University, Rohtak
- MVN University
- Sushant University, Gurugram
- Jagan Nath University, Bahadurgarh
- G.D. Goenka University, Gurugram
- SRM University, Sonipat
- Sh. Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurugram
- BML Munjal University
- Manav Rachna University, Sonipat
- Ashoka University, Sonipat
- PDM University, Bahadurgarh
- NIILM University, Kaithal
- K.R. Manglam University, Gurugram
- Alfalah University, Faridabad
- Starex University, Gurugram
- World University of Design, Sonipat
- IILM University, Gurugram
- Rishihood University, Sonipat
- OM Sterling Global University, Hisar
Technical Education Haryana
Department of Technical Education, Haryana is responsible for all activities related to technical education in Haryana.
- When Haryana became an independent state in 1966, the status of technical education was not so good. There were only 6 Polytechnics and only one Regional Engineering College at Kurukshetra.
- Now the number of technical education institutions in the state has grown to 578.
The Department has established four State Technical Universities:
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal
- Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
- The State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak
There are 11 Government Polytechnic, 14 Government Polytechnics in Society mode, and 4 Government Aided Polytechnics in the State.
Industrial Training Institutes ( ITI ) Haryana
The Department of Skill Development and Industrial Training, Haryana is responsible for the management of ITIs in Haryana. It is imparting skill-based training to the unemployed youth of the state through the network of ITIs.
- When Haryana became an independent state in 1966, there was only 48 Govt. Industrial Training Institutes.
- Now, there is a total of 418 Govt. & Pvt. Industrial Training Institutes. There is 172 Govt. Industrial Training Institutes and 246 Private ITIs under Craftsman Training Scheme.
Haryana State Board of Technical Education
It was established in 2008 by an Act of the Haryana Government. Its mission is to Impart Diploma Education in the field of Engineering & Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy, Management, Accounts, Applied Art & Crafts.
|UPSC / HCS/ State PCS: Important topics for guidance I information I study material|
Relevant topics to study
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|