Today Current Affairs 15th Feb 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Today Current Affairs: 15th Feb 2021
In this article, we provide 15th February 2021 current affairs in Hind and English for upcoming exams like HCS, RAS, UPPCS, and other state services.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 15th Feb 2021
Que1.राज्यसभा में विपक्ष के नेता के रूप में किसे नामित किया गया है?/Who has been named as the leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha?
मल्लिकार्जुन खड़गे/Mallikarjun Kharge
Que2. मारिओ द्राघी ने किस देश के प्रधानमंत्री के रूप में शपथ ली है?/Mario Draghi has been sworn in as Prime Minister of which country?
Q1.अंतर्राष्ट्रीय सौर गठबंधन (ISA) के अगले महानिदेशक कौन होंगे?
(a) इंदु शेखर चतुर्वेदी
(b) अजय माथुर
(c) अरुण कुमार झा
(d) प्रकाश चतुर्वेदी
Q1. Who will be the next director-general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
(a) Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi
(b) Ajay Mathur
(c) Arun Kumar Jha
(d) Prakash Chaturvedi
- Ajay Mathur, who heads the New Delhi-based The Energy and Research Institute (TERI), is set to become the next director-general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), with Mauritius withdrawing from the race
- ISA, co-founded by India and France, is the first treaty-based international government organization to be based in India.
- The alliance has become a significant public policy tool for India and is considered a counter to China’s ambitious One Belt One Road initiative.
Q2.भारत में राष्ट्रीय उत्पादकता दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 15 फरवरी
(b) 13 फरवरी
(c) 14 फरवरी
(d) 12 फरवरी
Q2.When is the National Productivity Day observed in India?
(a) February 15
(b) February 13
(c) February 14
(d) February 12
- The National Productivity Day is observed every year in India on February 12. Besides, February 12-18 is observed as National Productivity week
- This day is organized by the National Productivity Council (NPC) for encouraging all stakeholders in the implementation of productivity tools and techniques with contemporary relevant themes.
- NPC is a national-level autonomous organization under the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry to promote productivity culture in India. It was established as a registered society on 12th February 1958 by Government to stimulate and promote productivity
- Director-General of National Productivity Council Arun Kumar Jha.
Q3.केंद्रीय गृह मंत्री अमित शाह ने किस नाम से एक नई CAPF बटालियन की घोषणा की है ?
(a) नारायणी सेना
(b) दुर्गा सेना
(c) कृपायनी सेना
(d) नरहरि सेना
Q3.Union Home Minister Amit Shah has announced a new CAPF battalion that will be named after ________?
(a) Narayani Sena
(b) Durga Sena
(c) Kripayni Sena
(d) Narhari Sena
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has announced a new CAPF battalion that will be named after Narayani Sena, the warriors of the erstwhile princely state of Cooch Behar, West Bengal.
- The name of CAPF training center for the eastern zone with Chila Roy, who was the younger brother of King Nara Narayan of the Koch Dynasty.
- Narayani Sena had stopped Mughals, a CAPF battalion will be formed in its memory,
- He also pledged to fulfill the dream of ‘Sonar Bangla’ in West Bengal in five years
REVISION: Which state government has announced to celebrate Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's birth anniversary as 'Desh Nayak Diwas'? West Bengal
Q4.किस राज्य ने संयुक्त राष्ट्र पर्यावरण कार्यक्रम (UNEP) के साथ climate-resilient और कम कार्बन विकास पथ के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(b) उत्तर प्रदेश
Q4.Which state has signed an MoU with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) for a climate-resilient and low-carbon development path?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
- Bihar signed an MoU with UN Environment Programme (UNEP) for a climate-resilient and low-carbon development path.
- Under the partnership, the carbon footprint of different sectors in Bihar would be assessed with the support of UNEP.
- A plan would also be prepared with the support of UNEP to minimize carbon dioxide emissions and improve carbon sinks.
- Bihar would prepare climate impact vulnerability assessments and greenhouse gas inventory with the help of UNEP.
REVISION: Bihar government had launched Jal-Jeevan Hariyali Yojana to promote the plantation of trees. It has been working to control pollution in cities such as Patna, Gaya, and Muzaffarpur.
Q5.अंतर्राष्ट्रीय आपराधिक न्यायालय (ICC) के अगले मुख्य वकील (प्रॉसीक्यूटर) के रूप में किसे चुना गया है?
(a) चुंग चांग हो
(b) रॉबर्ट फ्रीमेन
(c) जॉन मॉरिसन
(d) करीम खान
Q5. Who has been elected as the next chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC)?
(a) Chung Chang Ho
(b) Robert Fremen
(c) John Morrison
(d) Karim Khan
- Karim Khan, a United Kingdom barrister, has been elected as the next chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- ICC elected Khan as the new prosecutor for a nine-year term at the United Nations (UN) in New York.
- Karim will replace Fatou Bensouda from the Gambia, later in the month of June.
Q6. टोक्यो 2020 ओलंपिक प्रमुख कौन थे जिन्होंने हाल ही में इस्तीफा दे दिया?
(a) योशीरो मोरी
(b) यासुओ फुकुदा
(c) नोबोरु तकेशिता
(d) केइज़ु ओबुची
Q6.Who was the Tokyo 2020 Olympics chief who resigned recently?
(a) Yoshiro Mori
(b) Yasuo Fukuda
(c) Noboru Takeshita
(d) Keizō Obuchi
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics chief Yoshiro Mori resigned and apologized for sexist remarks that sparked a global outcry, leaving the troubled Olympics searching for a chief five months from the start.
- The resignation of Mori, and a former prime minister, only months before the postponed Summer Games are scheduled to begin, will further erode confidence in the organizers’ ability to pull off the event during a coronavirus pandemic.
Q7.किस राज्य ने प्रोजेक्ट CHIRAAG के लिए विश्व बैंक के साथ एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q7. Which state has signed an agreement with the World Bank for project CHIRAAG?
- The Govt of Chhattisgarh has signed an agreement worth $100 million with World Bank for project CHIRAAG (Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth)
- CHIRAG Project will develop sustainable production systems in Chhattisgarh, that will allow tribal households in remote areas to produce diversified and nutritious food, round-the-year
- It will be implemented in the southern tribal-majority region where a large population is undernourished.
REVISION: Which state launched ‘Godhan Nyay Yojana’? Chhattisgarh
Q8.भारत में किस नेता की पुण्यतिथि समर्पण दिवस के रूप में मनाई जाती है?
(a) श्यामा प्रसाद मुखर्जी
(b) पंडित दीनदयाल उपाध्याय
(c) नानाजी देशमुख
(d) अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी
Q8.To commemorate the death anniversary of which leader, Samarpan Diwas is observed in India?
(a) Syama Prasad Mukherjee
(b) Pandit Deendayal Upadhyayay
(c) Nanaji Deshmukh
(d)Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- PM Narendra Modi addressed Samarpan Diwas to commemorate the death anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya (February 11, 2021)
- His death anniversary is observed as Samarpan Diwas across India.
- He was co-founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of BJP and was the President of BJS from 1967 to 1968.
- He was behind the ‘vision of building a self-reliant India’.
Q9.Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’'नामक पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) रामचंद्र गुहा
(b) जुएल ओराम
(c) आरपी गुप्ता
(d) जयराम रमेश
Q9.Who wrote the book titled, Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’?
(a) Ramchandra Guha
(b) Jual Oram
(c) RP Gupta
(d) Jairam Ramesh
- Former Union Minister and senior BJP leader Jual Oram has launched a book titled as ‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’
- The book has been authored by RP Gupta and has been published by Himalaya Publishing House.
- The book focuses on creating economic awareness among masses.
- It provides a practical and viable option for reviving Indian economy for creating new jobs and enlarging public income, along with structural reforms for overcoming economic crisis.
Q10.हाल ही में किस देश ने बाबर क्रूज मिसाइल का सफल परीक्षण किया है?
Q10. Which country has successfully test-fired the Babur cruise missile?
- Pakistan's military successfully test-fired a short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile capable of hitting land and sea targets with 'high precision' up to 490 kilometers (about 280 miles) away
- The Babur cruise missile was "launched from a state-of-the-art Multi Tube Missile Launch Vehicle.
You may find the below articles useful
- HCS Previous Year papers
- HCS Prelims Syllabus GS and CSAT
- HCS Mains and Optional Subjects details
- HCS Notification update
- HCS Guidance videos
- HCS exam online course
- HCS Test Series
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|