RAS Exam- Age Qualification
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam is a State Level Civil Services exam which is conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission. The RAS Exam is very popular among the students.
In this article, we discussed the age limit for RPSC RAS Exam:
1. In this exam, the candidate must have a minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 40 years.
2. Age Relaxation:
i. FOR SC/ST/BC/OBC (MALE)- 5 YEARS
ii. FOR SC/ST/BC/OBC (FEMALE)- 10 YEARS
iii. GENERAL CATEGORY WOMEN- 5 YEAR
iv. WIDOW/DIVORCED WOMEN- NO MAXIMUM AGE REQUIRED
v. PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE-
(i) GENERAL- 10 YEARS
(ii) BC/OBC- 13 YEARS
(iii) SC/ST- 15 YEAR
3. Provision for age relaxation for other specialist categories:
1. The upper age limit mentioned above shall be relaxed by a period equal to the term of imprisonment served in the case of an ex-prisoner who was not over age before his conviction and was eligible for appointment under the rules.
2. The upper age limit mentioned above shall not apply in the case of an ex-prisoner who had served under Government on a substantive basis on any post before conviction and was eligible for appointment under the rules.
3. The upper age limit for persons serving in connection with the affairs of the State in substantive capacity shall be 45 years.
4. The upper age limit for persons serving in connection with the affairs of Panchayat amenities and Zila Parishad in substantive capacity shall be 45 years.
5. The upper age limit for persons serving in-state public sector Undertaking/Corporations in substantive capacity shall be 40 years.
6. The upper age limit mentioned above shall be relaxable by a period equal to the service rendered in the N.C.C., in the case of cadet Instructor and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed maximum age limit by more than three years, they shall be deemed to be within the prescribed age limit.
7. The Released Emergency Commissioned Officers and Short Services Commissioned Officers after release from the Army shall be deemed to be within the age limit even though they have crossed the age limit when they appear before the Commission had they been eligible as such at the time of their joining the Commission in the Army.
8. The upper age limit for the reservist; namely the defense personnel transferred to the reserve and the ex-service personnel shall be 50 years.
9. According to the Rajasthan Civil Services (Absorption of Ex-servicemen) Rules, 1988, Ex-servicemen must not have attained the age of 50 years on 01.01.2019. Provide that in the case of holders of Military Cross/Veer Chakra or any higher distinction, the upper age limit shall be relaxable by two years.
4. Other State Candidates have not any age relaxation in the RAS Exam. They would not get any advantage of Reservation.