Latest Daily Current Affairs: 24th Jan 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Latest Daily Current Affairs: 24th Jan 2021
Latest Daily Current Affairs - 24th Jan 2021
Current Affairs are most important section for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC and many more state services.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 24th Jan 2021
Previous Quiz Current Affairs
Que1. भारतीय जीवन बीमा निगम (LIC) के प्रबंध निदेशक के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?/ Who has been appointed as the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)?
सिद्धार्थ मोहंती/Siddhartha Mohanty
Que 2. हाल ही में किस राज्य ने कोकबोरोक दिवस मनाया है?
Which state has recently celebrated Kokborok Day?
Q1.भारत में राष्ट्रीय बालिका दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 23 जनवरी
(b) 24 जनवरी
(c) 25 जनवरी
(d) 22 जनवरी
Q1. When is the National Girl Child Day observed in India?
(a) January 23
(b) January 24
(c) January 25
(d) January 22
- The National Girl Child Day Week is being celebrated from 21 to 26 January 2021.
- It is being celebrated on the occasion of National Girl Child Day.
- National Girl Child Day is celebrated every year on 24 January to highlight the issues related to girl children in India.
- Its main objective is to raise awareness about the rights of a girl child and their education, health and nutrition.
- National Girl Child Day was started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2008.
Q2. ब्रॉडकास्टिंग कंटेंट कम्प्लेंट्स काउंसिल (BCCC) की पहली महिला चेयरपर्सन कौन बनी हैं?
(a) जस्टिस इंदु मल्होत्रा
(b) जस्टिस आर. बानुमथी
(c) जस्टिस गीता मित्तल
(d) जस्टिस रंजना देसाई
Q2. Who has become the first woman chairperson of the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
(a) Justice Indu Malhotra
(b) Justice R Banumathi
(c) Justice Gita Mittal
(d) Justice Ranjana Desai
- Justice Gita Mittal is also the first woman chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)
- She had served as the first woman Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir High Court.
- Justice Mittal succeeds former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Vikramajit Sen, whose tenure as BCCC chairperson has ended.
- The board of directors of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has appointed Justice Gita Mittal, former Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir High Court, as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
Q3. अमेरिकी रक्षा मंत्री के रूप में सेवा देने वाला पहला अफ्रीकी अमेरिकी कौन बन गया है?
(a) फ्रेडरिक ग्रेगरी
(b) लॉयड जे. ऑस्टिन
(c) वाल्टर ई विलियम्स
(d) मैल्कम एक्स
Q3. Who has become the first African American to serve as US Secretary of Defense?
(a) Frederick Gregory
(b) Lloyd J. Austin
(c) Walter E.Williams
(d) Malcolm X
- Lloyd J. Austin, a West Point graduate who rose to the Army's elite ranks and marched through racial barriers in a 41-year career, won Senate confirmation has become the nation's first Black secretary of defense.
- The 93-2 vote gave President Joe Biden his second Cabinet member; Avril Haines was confirmed as the first woman to serve as director of national intelligence.
Q4. सड़क परिवहन और राजमार्ग मंत्रालय (MoRTH) ने किस IIT के साथ अनुसंधान एवं विकास के संबंध में समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किये हैं?
(a) IIT दिल्ली
(b) IIT कानपुर
(c) IIT रुड़की
(d) IIT मद्रास
Q4. A MoU has been signed between the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) and which IIT regarding R&D?
(a) IIT Delhi
(b) IIT Kanpur
(c) IIT Roorkee
(d) IIT Madras
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the continuation of MoRTH Professorial Chair focusing on research and development, teaching and training in the area of development of highway infrastructure.
- The government supports the enhancement of quality research through partnerships and mentorship programmes.
- The collaboration of MoRTH with IIT-Roorkee will strengthen R&D activities in the Road Sector and the Chair professor is expected to provide leadership in conducting and coordinating research, development and teaching in the area of Development of Highway Infrastructure.
Q5. भारत ने हाल ही में किस देश के साथ दो नौसेनाओं के बीच पनडुब्बी बचाव सहायता और सहयोग पर समझौता किया है?
Q5. India has recently signed an agreement with which country on submarine rescue support and cooperation between the two Navies?
- India and Singapore have recently signed the implementing agreement on submarine rescue support and cooperation between the two Navies.
- This was signed at the 5th Defence Ministers dialogue held virtually between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Singapore counterpart Dr. Ng Eng Hen.
- The two Ministers also discussed the efforts of both countries in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic and the role of the Armed Forces in the mitigation measures.
Q6. विज्ञान संबंधी प्रकाशन के मामले में भारत की रैंक क्या है?
Q6. What is India’s position in the number of scientific publications?
- India has seen an exponential increase in the number of scientific publications over the last 10 years and is in the third position globally after China and the US.
- Of the 13,045 patents in 2017-18, as many as 1,937 were by Indians.
- The number of publications has increased exponentially over the last 10 years.
- According to data from the US agency, the National Science Foundation (NSF), India is currently in third place, only behind China and the United States, with 1,35,788 scientific articles in the year 2018.
Q7. “Innovate & Seize Your Success” नामक पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) चेतन भगत
(b) प्रभात सिन्हा
(c) रॉबिन सिंह
(d) शिव खेड़ा
Q7.Who wrote the book titled, “Innovate & Seize Your Success”?
(a) Chetan Bhagat
(b) Prabhat Sinha
(c) Robin Singh
(d) Shiv Khera
- The author, entrepreneur, and international speaker Prabhat Sinha discussed productivity principles in his newly launched book named “Innovate & Seize Your Success”.
- The book is out on Amazon worldwide as an eBook and paperback edition.
- The book has already secured Amazon No 1 Bestseller rank.
- The book is becoming popular in other countries like – USA, UK, Netherlands & Germany. There is also a plan to launch the Hindi edition of the book soon.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Vice President of India launched a book of poems, “Not Many, But One” (Two Volumes), an English translation of poems of Sree Narayana Guru by Prof G.K. Sasidharan.
Q8. किस केंद्रीय मंत्री ने हाल ही में Project Passion’ शुरू किया है?
(a) पीयूष गोयल
(b) प्रल्हाद जोशी
(c) महेंद्र नाथ पांडे
(d) धर्मेंद्र प्रधान
Q8. Which Union Minister has recently launched ‘Project Passion’?
(a) Piyush Goyal
(b) Pralhad Joshi
(c) Mahendra Nath Pandey
(d) Dharmendra Pradhan
- The Union Minister of Coal Pralhad Joshi has recently launched ‘Project Passion’–the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) of Coal India Ltd (CIL) and presented the Coal Minister’s Award for 2020.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a resource Planning and Hospital Management system in Coal India Ltd (CIL).
- Western Coalfields Ltd Union Coal Minister inaugurates new Coal Handling Plant (CHP) at Krishnashila Coal Project of Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL)
- Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL), Central Coalfields Ltd (CCL) and Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL) have received the Coal Minister’s Award 2020.
- NCL has received the award for their performance in Coal production. CCL and WCL have been awarded for adopting best safety practices and sustainable mining respectively.
Q9. उन्नीकृष्णन नमबोथिरी का हाल ही में निधन हो गया, वे एक प्रसिद्ध _______ थे?
Q9. Unnikrishnan Namboothiri who passed away recently was a famous _______?
- Veteran actor Unnikrishnan Namboothiri has passed away at a private hospital in Kannur.
- He was 98.
- Unnikrishnan had tested positive for COVID-19 recently.
- Unnikrishnan made his acting debut with Desadanam 1996.
Q10. केरल से खोजी गई एक नई प्रजाति का नाम किस जीवविज्ञानी के नाम पर रखा गया है?
(a) अनुरंजन आनंद
(b) एल.एस. शशिधारा
(c) अमिताभ जोशी
(d) वी नागराज
Q10. A new ant species discovered from Kerala has been named after which biologist?
(a) Anuranjan Anand
(b) L. S. Shashidhara
(c) Amitabh Joshi
(d) V. Nagaraja
- The species of the ant genus Ooceraea found in Kerala adds to the diversity of this rare genus.
- They differ from others of the same genus on the basis of the number of antennal segments.
- One of them found in the Periyar Tiger Reserve of Kerala, has been named Ooceraea joshii, in honour of Prof. Amitabh Joshi, a distinguished evolutionary biologist from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) an autonomous institute of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
Hope you liked this article. If it is relevant to your exam then please share this article to your friends, so that they can boost their preparation and get closer to their dream job.
You can call for any help/support/query Mob: 9817390373, 9729327755, WhatsApp 8295688244