Latest Daily Current Affairs: 18th Feb 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Latest Daily Current Affairs: 18th Feb 2021
In this article, we provide 18th February 2021 current affairs in Hind and English for upcoming exams like HCS, RAS, UPPCS, and other state services.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 18th Feb 2021
Que1.राष्ट्रीय सूचना विज्ञान केंद्र ने व्हाट्सएप की तर्ज पर कौन सा इंस्टेंट मैसेजिंग प्लेटफॉर्म लॉन्च किया है?Which instant messaging platform has been launched by the National Informatics Centre on the lines of WhatsApp?
Que2. भारतीय नौसेना में तीसरी स्कॉर्पीन पनडुब्बी को हाल ही में किस नाम से कमीशन किया गया है?/Indian Navy has got a third scorpene submarine which has been commissioned Into service as ____________.
INS करंज/INS Karanj
Q1.पुडुचेरी के लेफ्टिनेंट गवर्नर का अतिरिक्त कार्यभार किसे सौंपा गया है?
(a) तमिलिसाई साउंडराजन
(b) डी के जोशी
(c) प्रफुल्ल पटेल
(d) वीपी सिंह बदनौर
Q1.Who has been given the additional charge of the lieutenant governor of Puducherry?
(a) Tamilisai Soundarajan
(b) D K Joshi
(c) Praful Patel
(d) V.P. Singh Badnore
- On a day the Congress-led government in Puducherry lost its majority following the resignation of an MLA, the Central government relieved lieutenant governor, Kiran Bedi of administrative responsibilities,
- Assembly elections are slated to be held in the Union territory in April-May this year. Telangana governor Tamilisai Soundararajan has been given additional charge of Puducherry
- The decision to relieve Bedi is the culmination of a long-running feud between her and chief minister V Narayanasamy.
- The President has directed that Kiran Bedi shall cease to hold the office of the lieutenant governor of Puducherry and has appointed Tamilisai Soundararajan, governor of Telangana, to discharge the functions of the Lieutenant-Governor of Puducherry.
Q2.संयुक्त राष्ट्र के पूंजी विकास कोष के सचिव के रूप में किस भारतीय मूल के इन्वेस्टमेंट बैंकर को नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) अंकुर वर्मा
(b) अंशुमान ठाकुर
(c) प्रीति सिन्हा
(d) नीरज करिया
Q2. Which Indian-origin Investment banker has been appointed to lead the UN Capital Development Fund?
(a) Ankur Verma
(b) Anshuman Thakur
(c) Preeti Sinha
(d) Niraj Karia
- The UN Capital Development Fund has appointed Indian-origin investment and development banker Preeti Sinha as its Executive Secretary.
- Her focus will be on providing microfinance assistance to women, youth, small and medium-sized enterprises in under-served communities.
- Established in 1966, the New York-headquartered organization provides microfinance access to Least Developed Countries (LDCs), with the mandate to unlock the full potential of public and private finance.
Q3.Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award, 2020 किसने जीता है?
(a) जादव पेेंग
(b) रतन लाल
(c) थियोडोर बस्करन
(d) वाल्मिक थापर
Q3. Who has won the Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award, 2020?
(a) Jadav Payeng
(b) Ratan Lall
(c) Theodore Baskaran
(d) Valmik Thapar
- Theodore Baskaran who is a writer, a historian, a naturalist, and an activist has won the Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award, 2020.
- The award was instituted by the Sanctuary Nature Foundation.
- Theodore Baskaran was chosen for the award in light of his dedication to wildlife conservation.
- He won the award for his writing prowess in English and Tamil contributing towards the conservation discourse. He was also chosen for the award in the backdrop of inspiring the young naturalists.
Q4.HCL Tech ने हाल ही में साइबर सुरक्षा को बढ़ावा देने के लिए किस IIT के साथ एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किये हैं?
(a) IIT कानपुर
(b) IIT दिल्ली
(c) IIT बॉम्बे
(d) IIT मद्रास
Q4.HCL Tech has recently signed a pact with which IIT to boost capabilities in cybersecurity?
(a) IIT Kanpur
(b) IIT Delhi
(c) IIT Bombay
(d) IIT Madras
- HCL Technologies has inked an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur to collaborate in the area of cybersecurity.
- As part of the pact, the IT company will work with C3iHub, a specialized cybersecurity research center at IITK.
- This collaboration will bring together the country's brightest minds, advanced research capabilities, and global resources to develop advanced solutions in the area of cybersecurity.
Q5.हाल ही में किस राज्य ने "माँ कैंटीन" योजना शुरू की है?
(a) उत्तर प्रदेश
(c) पश्चिम बंगाल
Q5. Which state has recently launched the “Maa Canteen” Scheme?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
- Ahead of the assembly election in the state, the Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has launched the “Maa Canteen” Scheme.
- The project will provide food at a subsidized rate of Rs. 5 to the urban poor of the state.
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced that the budgetary provision of the canteen is Rs. 100 crores.
- The State government will have to bear the subsidy of Rs. 15 while the people will get the lunch at just Rs.5.
- The Canteens established by the West Bengal government will be run by the self-help groups with the help of the Urban Development and Municipal Affairs Department.
Q6.नमन ओझा जिन्होंने हाल ही में अपनी सेवानिवृत्ति की घोषणा की हैं, वे किस खेल से जुड़े हैं?
Q6. Naman Ojha who recently announced his retirement, is associated with which sport?
- India wicketkeeper-batsman Naman Ojha has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- He has played one Test, one ODI, and two T20 international matches for India.
- He holds the record of most dismissals by a wicketkeeper in the Ranji Trophy. He had a debut against Sri Lanka in 2010.
- He played for the Madhya Pradesh team in Ranji Trophy. He also played for Rajasthan Royals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League.
Q7.किस राज्य के मुख्यमंत्री को “Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award” से सम्मानित किया गया है?
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q7. Which state’s Chief Minister has been conferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has been conferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award.
- The Award was presented to the CM by Chairman, Skoch Group, Sameer Kochhar personally at Tadepalli in Andhra Pradesh.
Q8.जस्टिस एम रामा जोइस का हाल ही में निधन हो गया, वह किस राज्य के पूर्व राज्यपाल थे?
(d) दोनों (b) और (c)
Q8. Justice M Rama Jois who passed away recently was the former governor of which state?
(d) Both (b) and (c)
- Former Governor of Bihar and Jharkhand, Justice (Retd) M Rama Jois, passed away
- He was 89,
- He was also a noted writer and historian, was not keeping well due to old age-related ailments, and suffered a cardiac arrest
- M Rama Jois had also served as Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Q9.हाल ही में किस राज्य ने 'Snakepedia' मोबाइल ऐप लॉन्च की है?
Q9. Which state has recently launched the 'Snakepedia' mobile app?
(b) Tamil Nadu
- A team of scientists, nature lovers, and doctors have come up with a mobile application 'Snakepedia' on snakes in Kerala to help the public as well as doctors to treat snake bites.
- Snakepedia is a comprehensive android mobile application that documents information on snakes with the help of pictures, infographics, and podcasts and analyses its first aid, treatment, myths, and superstitions.
- there are about 3,600 species of snakes known so far in the world and over 300 species are found in India.
- Among 300 species, about 100 are known from Kerala who belongs to 12 different families.
REVISION: Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated India’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal in which state? Kerala
Q10.अपने उपन्यास, मीशा (Moustache) के लिए केरल साहित्य अकादमी पुरस्कार किसने जीता है?
(a) विनय थॉमस
(b) एस हरीश
(c) जयश्री कलाथिल
(d) पी रमन
Q10. Who has won Kerala Sahitya Akademi award for his novel, Meesha (Moustache)?
(a) Vinoy Thomas
(b) S Hareesh
(c) Jayasree Kalathil
(d) P Raman
- The Kerala Sahitya Akademi awards for the year 2019 were announced and author S Hareesh’s Meesha (Moustache) has been adjudged the best novel.
- Ramachi by Vinoy Thomas has bagged the award for the best short story.
- Meesha courted controversy earlier when a group of pro-Hindutva activists threatened Hareesh to withdraw it after publishing just three chapters in the Malayalam weekly Mathrubhumi for allegedly denouncing women who go to temples.
- Malayalam author S Hareesh won the coveted JCB Prize for Literature 2020 for his novel, Moustache. Translated in English by Jayasree Kalathil.