HPSC Optional Subject 2003: Public Administration Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains optional paper 2003-Public Administration
HPSC Optional Subject 2003: In this post, we will discuss the HCS mains 2003 optional Public Administration paper.
Time: 3 hours Marks:150
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. 1 is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part I and two Questions from Part II. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes on any four of the following: 4×7.5=30 marks
(a) A ‘Science of Public Administration’ must be comparative and concerned with efficiency.
(b) Generalists have always, an edge over specialists
(c) Communication holds the organisation together
(d) Main function of the Public Accounts Committee is to ensure that the money granted by Parliament has been spent within the scope of demand.
(e) Central Services are more ‘All India’ in character than the All India Services.
(f) Given the level of Political leadership in India, Development and corruption have become synonyms.
2. “Administrative efficiency is enhanced by keeping at a minimum the organisational levels through which matters must pass before it is acted upon”.- Herbert Simon. Discuss. 30 marks
3. “Communication, authority, specialisation and purpose are the most important components of coordination.” - Chester Barnard. Examine. 30 marks
4. “Political environment conditions administrative system.”- F.W. Riggs Comment. 30 marks
5. Examine the role and structure of the Ministry of Home Affairs in the Government of India. 30 marks
6. “The Directive Principles of State Policy are Socialistic in their direction and content.” Comment. 30 marks
7. Judiciary, Public Service Commissions, an independent audit system and universities are necessary concomitants of a healthy democratic system. If serious accusations are made against these bodies, What is the future for good governance and accountability? Discuss. 30 marks