HPSC HCS 2022 Exam Pattern Prelims and Mains Pattern
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HPSC HCS 2022 Exam Pattern Prelims and Mains Pattern
The Haryana Public Service Commission changed the HCS exam pattern in 2021. HCS 2022 Notification is likely to be out soon. Applicants should prepare their exam strategy according to the new HCS exam pattern only. The new HCS exam pattern for prelims is similar to the IAS prelims exam.
Table of Contents
HCS Exam Pattern 2022
As per the new HCS exam pattern, the Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT) Paper will be qualifying only and candidates need to secure 33% marks only to qualify in this paper. The marks secured in this paper will not be considered for the HCS 2022 prelims result. HPSC HCS exam is the most prestigious exam of Haryana. Earlier, the HPSC had revised the HCS exam pattern in 2016.
The HCS 2022 exam will be conducted in three stages. These three stages are designed to check the analytical skills of applicants through subject knowledge, Writing skills, and Personal Interview.
- Stage-1 Preliminary Examination
- Stage-2: Main Examination
- Stage-3: Personal Interview
Stage-1 Preliminary Exam Pattern
The new HCS exam pattern for the preliminary exam is now said to be identical to the IAS prelims exam. The prelims stage will have two papers of 100 marks each.
HCS 2022 Prelims Exam pattern
Paper-I: General Studies
Paper-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Both the Question papers shall be of objective type (MCQs) and each paper shall be of two hours duration.
- For each wrong answer, one fourth (0.25) mark shall be deducted.
- Civil Services Aptitude Test( CSAT) will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks of 33% as per the new HCS exam pattern
- The result of the prelims exam will be based on the marks obtained in the General Studies paper only.
- This stage is only for shortlisting the candidates for the next stage; the Mains examination. The marks obtained in Prelims will not be counted for the final selection.
You can go through the detailed HCS 2022 Syllabus of the General Studies and Civil Services Aptitude Test of Prelims stage as per the new HCS exam pattern before jumping to the pattern of Stage-2 that is the Mains Examination.
Stage-2 Main Exam Pattern
As per the Revised HCS exam pattern the main examination shall comprise four papers. Paper 1, 2, and 3 are compulsory subjects. The candidate has to select one optional subject for Paper-4. Candidates will have to choose their optional paper out of the 29 subjects provided in the HCS 2022 Optional List.
HCS 2022 Mains Exam pattern
|Paper-1||English (including English Essay)||100 Marks|
Hindi (including Hindi Essay)
|Paper-3||General Studies: 200 Marks||200 Marks|
|Paper-4||One optional subject||200 Marks|
- The HCS 2022 Main examination will be held offline in pen and paper mode.
- The questions asked in the examination will be conventional and subjective in nature
- The four papers shall be of three hours duration each.
- The candidates shall write their answers in Hindi or English except in language or literature papers.
- No candidate shall be called for the third stage that is the Personal Interview unless he/she obtains at least forty-five percent (45%) marks in the aggregate of all written papers and a score of a minimum of thirty-three percent (33%) marks each in Hindi and English papers (compulsory papers).
Check out the HCS 2022 Mains Syllabus of all the compulsory papers as per the new HCS exam pattern before scrolling down to note the pattern of the HCS 2022 Personal Interview stage.
Stage-3: Personal Interview Exam Pattern
Finally, the last but not the least stage carries a total of 75 marks. A total of 675 marks (600+ 75) are considered while preparing the final merit list. The final selection for HCS 2022 shall be based on the merit list and keeping in view the preference of services/ posts exercised by the candidates.
- The HCS exam pattern is not only for checking the intellectual qualities of candidates but also their social traits and their interest in current affairs.
- Candidates thrice the number of advertised posts including bracketed candidates, if any, in order of merit in the main written examination will be called for Personality Test.
- The candidate will be interviewed by a Board. The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
Also Check:: HCS 2022 Online Course
What qualification is required for HCS 2022?
The minimum qualification required for the HCS exam is a Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Science/Commerce or an equivalent degree from a recognized University.
Is there any benefit of Test Series in HCS prelim preparation?
Test Series is quite beneficial for all the exams. You can learn time management as well as the art of dealing with various kinds of questions. You can compare your preparation status and make relevant changes to your strategy at right time.
Is there any negative marking for the HCS Prelim paper?
Yes, For each wrong answer, one-fourth mark shall be deducted.
Which Optional Subject should I choose?
The selection of the optional subject should depend on various factors including interest, academic background, and most importantly on how impressively you can write about that subject
How can I improve my writing skills?
In order to write well, one should read well. Try to read the quality content and just keep writing the summary of whatever you read in a separate notebook. Test Series will prove the best tool for improving answer writing.