HCS optional question paper: geography
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains Geography Optional Paper 2017-18
HPSC Mains Paper 2017-18: In this topic, we will discuss Haryana PCS mains Geography optional paper 2017-18.
Time : 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note : (1) All questions are compulsory.
(2) The number of marks carried by each question is indicated at the end of the question
(3) Clearly mention question number and part number before attempting.
(4) The part of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers for each question.
(5) Limit your answers to the word limits mentioned for each part. Divide your time proportionately for each question.
(6) In case of any discrepancy in the English and Hindi versions, the English version will be taken as final.
1. Write critical notes on any six of the following: 7.5×4= 30 marks
(c) Oceanic Deeps
(d) Rural-urban umland
(e) Tropical desert-biome
(g) Food Chain
(h) Overpopulation in India
2. (a) Define plate tectonics. Discuss the salient characteristics of plate motions. 15 marks
(b) Explain the ‘polycyclic landforms’. 15 marks
3. (a) Tell the factors affecting the distribution of insolation and show the heat-budget through diagrams. 15 marks
(b) Put the factors controlling salinity and its distribution. 15 marks
4. (a) Critically examine the theory of ‘agricultural location’ propounded by Von Thunen. 15 marks
(b) Write the salient features of the distribution of population in the world and also assess the future trend of growth of population. 15 marks
5. (a) Describe the relief features of peninsular India. 15 marks
(b) In India sometimes flood problems and sometimes drought problems occur. Present solutions of these problems. 15 marks
6. (a) Clarify the importance of soil as a natural resource and analyze with examples a macro-level study. 15 marks
(b) Discuss the situation, location, and transport development of New Delhi as a metropolitan city. 15 marks
7. (a) Present the localization, growth, and present position of the cotton textile industry in India. 15 marks
(b) The historical dispute between India and Pakistan exists as Kashmir and POK. Present the geographical and political solutions of this problem. 15 marks