HCS mains 2009 law
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS mains 2009 law optional question paper
HCS Mains-2009 Law (Code 13)
Time : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 150
Note : Attempt Five questions in all. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. 1 is compulsory. Answer any two questions from Part I and two questions from Part II. The parts of the same questions must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes with help of decided cases on any four of the following : (4 X 7.5:30)
(a) Utility of the Directive Principles of state policy. When can the courts enforce these directives ?
(b) Describe the efforts made under International Law regarding the protection of Human Rights.
(c) Preparation of an offence and attempt of an offence.
(d) Where the rule of 'res ipsa loquitur' is applicable, the plaintiff need not prove the negligence on the part of the defendant.
(e) Cases in which the claim of quantum meruit arise.
(f) Discuss the law relating to bouncing of cheques for insufficiency of funds in the account.
2. Under Law a High Court Judge be prosecuted for corruption under the Prevention of Corruption Act ? If yes what is the
procedure? Refer Case Law. (30)
3. "Amendment destroying the basic structure of constitution shall be void." comment in the light of relevant Precedents. (30)
4. Explain dejure and defacto recognition and point out the difference between them. (30)
Part - II
5. De?ne grievous hurt and distinguish between culpable homicide and murder. Elucidate with the help of decided cases (30)
6. Discuss the grounds on which a complaint can be made under the Consumer Protection Act. Who can ?le a complaint to the District Forum? Explain the procedure to be adopted by the District Forum on admission of a complaint. (30)
7.Explain the element of the Tort of False Imprisonment and Malicious Prosecution in detail with relevant examples and case laws. (30)