HCS mains 2004 political science and IR optional question paper
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains Political Science and International Relations 2004
HCS Mains Optional Paper Political Science and International Relations
Time : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 150
Note : Attempt Five questions in all. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. l is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part I and two questions from Part II. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1.Write Critical notes with the help of decided cases on any four of the following: (4 X 7.5 =30)
(a) “Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains.” Comment.
(b) Factors determining voting behaviour in India.
(c) Development and compulsion of a clean environment.
(d) Origin and development of International organization
(e) Explain the nature and concepts of International Politics
(f) Identify and explain the modes of Covert Intervention by the major power.
- Explain Systems Theory. Write a comprehensive note on the other recent approaches to political analysis. (30)
- Examine Weber’s concept of Bureaucracy. Explain how it differs from contemporary Bureaucracy. (30)
- Describe the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India and elaborate its role in the light of judicial activism. (30)
- Evaluate the origin, nature and end of the cold war and neo cold war. Explain its impact on global politics. (30)
- Write a comprehensive essay on the SAARC. What are the implications and role of the Indocentric Position? (30)
- Assess the nature of the changing global environment and India’s foreign policy orientation. (30)