HCS Optional Paper: HCS Mains Exam Agriculture Question Paper
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains Agriculture Optional Paper 2014
HCS Optional Paper: In this topic, we will talk about the HCS mains exam agriculture question paper 2014.
Time : 3 Hours M.M. : 150
i) Attempt five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Question number 1 is compulsory. Answer any two questions from Part I and two questions from Part II. The parts of the same questions must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
ii) In case of any discrepancy in the English and Hindi versions, English version will be taken as final.
1. Write critical notes on any five of the following: (5X6=30)
a. Integrated nutrient management (lNM)
b. Precision agriculture
c. Soil colloids
d. Multistoried cropping
e. Social marketing
f. Biofertilizers rrr
g. Types of drainage
PART - I
2. a) Describe the key principals of organic farming. Discuss its scope and importance in our country
b) Define the term "Sustainable agriculture". Briefly discuss the different ways to achieve sustainability in Indian agriculture.
c) Explain in detail about green manuring. Why it is not gaining popularity in our country? (3X10) marks
3. a) What is dryland agriculture? Discuss in detail water use efficiency in relation to crop production.
b) What are essential plant nutrients and their functions. Describe in detail deficiency symptoms of plant nutrition.
c) What are weeds? Describe their characteristics. What are the recommended practices to control weeds? (3X10) marks
4. a) Write the principle of soil fertility. How P & K get fixed in soil. What is the scope for their efficient use.
b) What is the philosophy, objectives, scope and principles of extension in agriculture? What is the importance of front lines demonstrations?
c) What are the principals of economics as applied in agriculture? What is farm management , planning and budgeting? (3X10) marks
PART - II
5. a) Name the Laws of Heredity. What is their significance in plant breeding?
b) What is hybrid vigor? Discuss in detail different aspects of seed production and certification.
c) Differentiate between pure-line selection and mass selection. What is mutation and its importance in plant breeding? (3X10) marks
6. a) Of what physiological importance is photosynthesis? What are the modern concepts and factors affecting photosynthesis?
b) Differentiate between C3, C4, and CAM mechanisms in plants citing examples.
c) Write in detail the problems of post-harvest handling and marketing of the fruits and vegetable industries. (3X10) marks
7. a) What are the important diseases and pests of fruits and vegetables. Discuss in detail their control measures.
b) write management strategies of storage pests of cereals and pulses.
c) What is dormancy of seed? Elaborate the importance of plant regulators in agriculture (3X10) marks