HCS Mains Optional Paper 2003: Sociology Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains Optional Paper 2003- Sociology
HCS Mains Optional Paper 2003: In this post, we will discuss the HCS mains 2003 optional sociology paper.
Time: 3 hours Marks:150
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. 1 is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part I and two Questions from Part II. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes on any four of the following: 4×7.5=30 marks
(a) “Value Problem” is Sociological Research
(b) Suicide as a Social fact
(c) Conformity and Deviance
(d) Emerging pattern of sex-roles in Contemporary Indian Society
(e) Factors related to declining proportion of females in sex-ratio in India
(f) Educational Inequalities in India.
2. Define status, role, and rule conflict. Explain their importance in understanding social structure with appropriate illustration. 30 marks
3. Explain the basic features of the ex-post facto research design and assess its role in Sociological Research. 30 marks
4. (a) Discuss the importance of ‘sacred’ and ‘profane’ in the understanding of religion. Cite examples. 15 marks
(b) “Not at all facts about human behaviour are necessarily social facts.” State the meaning of ‘social facts’ and the methods of studying of them with reference to this statement. 15 marks
5. What is the relative role of ritual and secular factors in the traditional caste system? Explain How their role is changing in the modern time.
6. “Education promotes social equality.” Comment with particular reference to women and scheduled tribes of India. 30 marks
7. (a) “Recent Social Legislations on Hindu Marriage and family have put women at par with men in India.” Comment. 15 marks
(b) What changes have taken place in the tribal stratification pattern in recent times? Describe the factors responsible for these changes. 15 marks