HCS Mains Optional 2003: Geography Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains Optional paper 2003- Geography
HCS Mains Optional 2003: In this post, we will discuss the HCS mains 2003 optional geography paper.
Time: 3 hours Marks:150
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. 1 is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part I and two Questions from Part II. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes on any four of the following: 4×7.5=30 marks
(a) Plate Tectonics
(b) Global Warming
(c) Main Elements of the Hierarchy of Urban Settlements
(d) Climatic Regions of India
(e) The need and technique of Watershed Management in India.
2. Discuss the origin, movement and impact of Tropical Cyclones. 30 marks
3. Make a critical appraisal of Weber's theory of industrial location in the view of recent trends in industrial locations. 30 marks
4. Analyse the recent trends of urbanisation with special reference to the developing countries. 30 marks
5. Discuss the impact of ENSO on the behaviour of Summer Monsoon in India. 30 marks
6. Examine the ecological impacts of Green Revolution on Indian Agriculture and suggest alternatives to maintaining food security in the country. 30 marks
7. Analyse the impact of liberalisation on India's space economy. 30 marks