HCS Mains 2003: Optional Paper Psychology Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains 2003 Optional Paper Psychology
HCS Mains 2003: In this post, we will discuss the HCS mains 2003 optional Psychology paper.
Time: 3 hours Marks:150
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks. Q. No. 1 is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part I and two Questions from Part II. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes on any four of the following: 4×7.5=30 marks
(a) Methodological problems of contemporary Psychology
(b) Brain functions and human behaviour
(c) Psychoanalytic theory of motivation
(d) DSM system of classification
(e) Worker’s participation in management
(f) Group behaviour and leadership functions
2. Critically discuss the information processing approach to memory and describe the characteristics of the different stages of memory. 30 marks
3. What are the main stressors in modern life? What determines coping with them? Suggest some strategies to cope with them. 30 marks
4. (a) Distinguish between norms, attitudes, and values and describe the processes of their acquisition.
(b) How do attitudes change? Illustrate with the help of examples. 30 marks
5. How will you choose a good psychological test for personnel section? 30 marks
6. What is Functional Psychosis? Describe its types and throw light on their etiology. 30 marks
7. In view of the insights from the studies of prejudice suggest the strategies to meet the challenge of social integration. 30 marks