HCS Mains 2003 Optional Paper: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Mains 2003 Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
HCS Mains 2003 Optional Paper: In this post, we will discuss Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science optional paper 2003.
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks, Q. No.l is compulsory. Answer two questions from Part l and two questions from Part ll. The parts of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
1. Write critical notes: on any four of the following: 4x7.5=30 marks
(a) Define genotype. phenotype and recombination.
(b) Distinguish between catabolism and Anabolism. How are these processes related?
(c) What is creep ration for kids? Give the composition of two such rations for the Barbari and Jamanapari breeds.
(d) (i) Describe the methods employed and anesthetic drugs used to capture and anesthetize wild ruminant animals.
(ii) Write the symptoms and treatment of arsenic poisoning in animals.
(e) Differentiate between endemic and epidemic states of infectious diseases.
(f) Brie?y state the role of microorganisms in vaccine production.
2. Briefly describe the components of DNA, and explain its functional relationship to RNA and protein. 30 marks
3. What are the different methods of detection of oestrus in a cow? Explain. 30 marks
4. Describe the metabolism of glucose after absorption through the small intestine in the body of the pig. 30 marks
5. What is the importance of high-level fertility in herds? Suggest measures to adopt for high levels of fertility in farm animals. 30 marks
6. Describe the etiology, epidemiology, clinical ?ndings, clinical pathology, diagnostic procedures, and treatment of tuberculosis in cattle. 30 marks
7. Distinguish the following terms: 5X6=30 marks
(a) Humoral and cell-mediated immunity
(b) Active and passive immunity
(cl Natural and arti?cial immunity
(d) T—dependent and T—independent antigens
(e) CD4 and CD8