Daily Current Affairs: 22nd Jan 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs: 22nd Jan 2021
Current Affairs are most important section for all the students preparing for one or another govt. exams like UPSC, HCS or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC and many more state services.
Daily Current Affairs
22nd Jan 2021
Previous Year Quiz Questions
|Daily current affairs 2020-2021||Topic wise current affairs 2020-2021||Last one year current affairs 2020-2021|
Que1. किस महान नेता की जयंती पर, भारत सरकार ने पराक्रम दिवस मनाने का निर्णय लिया है?/On the birth anniversary of which great leader, the Indian government has decided to celebrate Parakram Diwas?नेताजी सुभाष चंद्र बोस/Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
Que2. गणतंत्र दिवस परेड 2021 में हिस्सा लेने वाली पहली महिला फाइटर पायलट कौन होंगी?/Who has become the first woman fighter pilot to take part in the Republic Day parade?भावना कंठ/Bhawana Kanth
Q1.किस राज्य सरकार ने हाल ही में मुख्यमंत्री बागायत विकास मिशन’ शुरू किया है?
Q1. Which state government has recently launched ‘Mukhyamantri Bagayat Vikas Mission’?
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced the launch of ‘Mukhyamantri Bagayat Vikas Mission’. (Horticulture Development Mission)
- The aim is to accelerate agriculture, horticulture and promote farming of herbal plants.
- It will also create employment opportunities through an increase in the export of such products.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Gujarat government has successfully organised Krishi Mahotsav, Sujalam Sufalam Abhiyan, Kisan Suryoday Yojana, provided Soil Health Cards, and implemented drip irrigation.
REVISION: Prime Minister Modi has recently become the second PM to hold the post after the former Prime Minister Morarji Desai.
Q2.किस राज्य सरकार ने युवा सशक्तीकरण के लिए Re-SVAYEM योजना शुरू की है?
(b) उत्तर प्रदेश
(d) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q2. Which state government has launched Re-SVAYEM scheme for youth empowerment?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Assam government has re-launched an old scheme with the aim of providing self-employment avenues to around 200,000 young men of the state.
- Called Redesigned Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (Re-SVAYEM), the scheme worth ₹1000 crore will provide ₹50,000 each as seed money to selected youth to start business ventures.
- The scheme was part of the BJP-led government’s budget speech in 2017-18, but instead of benefitting 100,000 young men as planned it managed to get only around 7,000 beneficiaries due to lack of adequate support from banks.
REVISION: The 8th edition of the North East Festival was held in Guwahati, Assam on December 19-20
Q3. महाराष्ट्र सरकार ने किस अंतर्राष्ट्रीय प्राणी उद्यान का नाम बदलकर बालासाहेब ठाकरे प्राणी उद्यान रखा है?
(a) गुलाब बाग प्राणी उद्यान
(b) सकरबाग प्राणी उद्यान
(c) गोरेवाड़ा प्राणी उद्यान
(d) महाराज बाग प्राणी उद्यान
Q3. Maharashtra government has renamed which international Zoo as Balasaheb Thackeray Zoological Park?
(a) Gulab Bagh
(d) Maharaj Bagh
- The Maharashtra government has renamed Nagpur’s Gorewada International Zoo as Balasaheb Thackeray Zoological Park.
- The zoological park, spread over 1,900 hectares, will be inaugurated on January 26 by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), had announced the setting up of the ‘international-standard’ bio park in August 2019.
REVISION: The Nehru Zoological Park in Hyderabad has become the first zoo in India to get the ISO certification with its standard working procedures.
Q4. किस मंत्रालय ने sustainable Geo-hazard Management के लिए DRDO के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) पृथ्वी विज्ञान मंत्रालय
(b) सड़क परिवहन और राजमार्ग मंत्रालय
(c) नवीन और नवीकरणीय ऊर्जा मंत्रालय
(d) विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय
Q4. Which ministry has signed a MoU with DRDO for sustainable Geo-hazard Management?
(a) Ministry of Earth Sciences
(b) Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
(c) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
(d) Ministry of Science and Technology
- The DRDO and the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) have joined hands to strengthen collaboration in the field of technical exchange and cooperation on sustainable geo-hazard management.
- Both establishments will cooperate in the areas of mutual benefit, including conceptual planning of integrated avalanche and landslide protection schemes for all-weather connectivity in snowbound areas.
- An MoU in this regard was signed by DRDO Chairman Dr. Satieesh Reddy and MoRTH Secretary Giridhar Aramane. The initiative will ensure the safety of road users.
Q5. कांग्रेस के प्रसिद्ध नेता माता प्रसाद जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया, वह किस पूर्वोत्तर राज्य के पूर्व राज्यपाल थे?
(c) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q5. Congress veteran Mata Prasad who passed away recently was the former governor of which northeastern state?
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
- Former Arunachal Pradesh Governor Mata Prasad passed away following multi-organ failure.
- He was 95 years old
- Prasad served as minister in the Congress government in Uttar Pradesh in 1988- 89 and appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh in 1993.
Q6.भारतीय सेना के नए उप-प्रमुख के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल राज शुक्ला
(b) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल अनिल चौहान
(c) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल चंडी प्रसाद मोहंती
(d) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल एस के सैनी
Q6. Who has been appointed as the new vice-chief of Indian Army?
(a) Lt Gen Raj Shukla
(b) Lt-General Anil Chauhan
(c) Lt-General Chandi Prasad Mohanty
(d) Lt-General S K Saini
- Lt-General Chandi Prasad Mohanty will take over as the new vice-chief of Indian Army from Lt-General S K Saini after he superannuates on January 31.
- Lt-Gen Mohanty is currently the Southern Command chief, had commanded the crucial 33 Corps in the eastern sector immediately after the 73-day confrontation with China at Doklam near the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction in June-August 2017.
Q7.‘The Law of Emergency Powers’ नामक पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) जस्टिस एन वी रमन्ना
(b) डॉ अभिषेक सिंघवी
(c) प्रो.खगेश गौतम
(d) दोनों (b) और (c)
Q7. Who wrote the book titled, ‘The Law of Emergency Powers’?
(a) Justice N.V. Ramanna
(b) Dr. Abhishek Singhvi
(c) Prof. Khagesh Gautam
(d) Both (b) and (c)
- Justice N.V. Ramanna along with three leading judges of the Supreme Court of India: Justice Surya Kant, Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice D. Y. Chandrachud will release the book The Law of Emergency Powers: Comparative Common Law Perspectives authored by Dr. Abhishek Singhvi and Prof. Khagesh Gautam on 23rd January, 2021.
- The book presents a comprehensive legal and constitutional study of emergency powers from a comparative common law perspective.
- It was published by Springer.
Q8.केंद्रीय मंत्रिमंडल ने हाल ही में सौर ऊर्जा में सहयोग के लिए किस देश के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन को मंजूरी दी है?
Q8. The Union Cabinet has recently approved a MoU with which country for cooperation in Solar Energy?
- The Union Cabinet has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Uzbekistan for cooperation in the field of Solar Energy.
- The main area of work under the MoU is to identify research, demonstration and initiation of pilot projects between the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India and the International Solar Energy Institute, Uzbekistan.
- The research and cooperation will primarily focus in the areas of Solar Photovoltaic, Storage Technologies and Transfer of Technologies. Based on mutual agreement, both parties would work for implementation and deployment of pilot projects in International Solar Alliance (ISA) member countries.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Cabinet has recently approved investment of over Rs 5200 crore for the 850 MegaWatt Ratle Hydro Power Project on the Chenab River in J&K.
Q9.त्रिपुरा, मणिपुर, और मेघालय का स्थापना दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 22 जनवरी
(b) 21 जनवरी
(c) 20 जनवरी
(d) 18 जनवरी
Q9. When is the statehood day of Tripura, Manipur, and Meghalaya celebrated?
(a) January 22
(b) January 21
(c) January 20
(d) January 18
- Tripura, Manipur, and Meghalaya celebrate their Statehood Day on 21 January.
- Under the North-Eastern Areas (Re-organisation) Act, 1971, Tripura, Manipur, and Meghalaya attained statehood on January 21, 1972.
- In 1972, the political map of Northeast India underwent a major change.
- The two Union Territories of Manipur and Tripura and the Sub-State of Meghalaya got statehood.
Q10.किस राज्य सरकार ने ड्रैगन फल का नाम ’कमलम’ रखने का फैसला किया है?
Q10. Which state government has decided to rename the dragon fruit as ‘kamalam’ ?
(d) Tamil Nadu
- The Gujarat government has decided to rename the dragon fruit as ‘kamalam’.
- The Dragon fruit is a cactus variety fruit. It is widely cultivated in South east Asia, United States, Australia, India, Caribbean islands, and Mesoamerica.
- The world’s largest producer and exporter of dragon fruit is Vietnam
- It was brought to India in the 1990s, and is grown in Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Odisha, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.