HCS Current Affairs Yearly 2020: Schemes & Policies Part-III
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Last One Year Topic Wise Current Affairs: Schemes & Policies Part-III
Haryana Civil Services Exam
CURRENT AFFAIRS YEARLY 2020
Last one-year Current Affairs For HCS Exam: Schemes & Policies Part-III
1. The Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) pension scheme has now been extended till March 31, 2023.
- This scheme was open till March 31, 2020.
- The cabinet has approved this to enable old age income security and welfare of Senior Citizens.
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana is a scheme offered by Life insurance Corporation (LIC) of India
- It gives a guaranteed payout of pension at a specified rate for 10 years. It also offers a death benefit in the form of the return of purchase price to the nominee.
2. The West Bengal Government has launched the ‘Matir Smristi’ scheme to utilize 50,000 acres of barren land in 6 districts for income-generating activities like horticulture and pisciculture involving the locals.
- The scheme will benefit around 2.5 lakh people in rural Bengal.
- There are at least 50,000 acres of barren land in Bankura, Birbhum, Purulia, Jhargram, West Burdwan, and West Midnapore districts, which cannot produce anything naturally nor can the farmers cultivate on the strip.
- West Bengal CM also mentioned that the work has been initiated in 6,500 acres of land at the micro-level and this is an environment-friendly scheme.
3. Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh launched “Mukhyamantri Shahri Path Vyavasayi Utthan Yojana” for street vendors.
- He has also launched Street Vendor Registration Portal http://www.mpurban.gov.in/and transferred Rs 300 crore to the urban local bodies
- The Pradhan Mantri (Swanidhi Scheme) Street Vendor's Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme is aimed at benefiting over 50 lakh vendors who had their businesses operational on or before March 24.
4. The Assam state government has launched a special scheme called ‘Dhanwantari’, under which locally unavailable medicines will be delivered to patients at home by MPWs (Multipurpose Health Workers), ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers.
- This medicine is free up to 200 rupees & can be availed by calling 104
- Health workers are delivering medicines for patients who cannot get them within 10 kilometers of their radius.
- If this medicine is available within the district, the health department will supply the medicine within 24 hours. Similarly, 48 hours will be required for delivery from other places i.e. from the Regional Center and one week will be required for delivery from outside the State.
- A total of 4,000 MPWs (Multipurpose Health Workers), ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers, and aspirants from across the state will be directly involved in this service.
5. Maharashtra’s Government’s “Smart gram yojana” will be named after former Deputy Chief Minister the late Raosaheb Ramrao Patil.
- Smart Gram Yojana was implemented by the Maharashtra state in 2016 to increase the performance on certain parameters in gram panchayats at the taluka and district level.
- The scheme also seeks to transform rural Maharashtra through development initiatives.
6. Karnataka Chief Minister recently announced waiver of loans under the Badavara Bandhu scheme, to provide relief to the poor due to COVID -19 pandemic.
- Badavara Bandhu scheme -
- Former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy launched this scheme in 2018.
- Under the scheme, mobile banks were launched to disburse interest-free loans to street vendors and small traders.
- Small traders will get loans of up to Rs.10,000 without any interest and collateral.
- The beneficiaries will have the flexibility of repaying the loan on daily installments of Rs.100 or one-time repayment within three months.
- If they repay within the stipulated time, they are eligible for a fresh loan of up to Rs.15,000.
7. Delhi Government has launched an online facility for eligible lawyers to avail of the benefits of the 'Chief Minister's Advocate Welfare Scheme'.
- All those advocates who are practicing in Delhi, registered with Delhi Bar Council, and advocate-voters of Delhi will be able to apply for this scheme.
- All eligible lawyers can apply for the Chief Minister's Advocate Welfare Scheme.
- The application prepared by the IT department will be released on the law department’s website. The department will also interact with all the Bar Associations of Delhi.
- The Delhi government has made a provision of Rs 50 crore budget for lawyers' welfare under the 'Chief Minister's Advocate Welfare Scheme'.
- Lawyers will get group life insurance, family medical claim policy, along with other facilities.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched 10 thousand Farmer Producer Organizations, FPOs all over the country from Chitrakoot in Uttar Pradesh.
- These FPOs will help in the collectivization of small, marginal, and landless farmers to give them the strength to deal with issues like lack of access to technology, quality seed, fertilizers, and pesticides including requisite finances.
- These FPOs will make a revolutionary change in the life of farmers.
- The Prime Minister has also handed over Kisan Credit Cards to farmers from different states at the event.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also laid the foundation stone for the Bundelkhand Expressway at Chitrakoot.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government is constructing the Expressway which will pass through the districts of Chitrakoot, Banda, Hamirpur, and Jalaun.
- It will link the Bundelkhand area to the national capital Delhi through the Agra-Lucknow expressway and Yamuna expressway and play a vital role in the development of the Bundelkhand region.
9. The Karnataka government has scrapped the Shaadi Bhagya scheme, by not allocating a single rupee in the budget announced recently.
- The scheme was launched by the Congress government under which a financially backward minority(Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Parsi, etc) bride would receive a one-time grant of Rs 50,000 towards marriage expenses
- Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has decided to discontinue the scheme, which has benefited more than 1 lakh couples since its launch six years ago however more than 34,000 pending applications may be considered for payment of the grant in the coming months.
10. The Assam government to construct 33 stadiums in the state under the Uttaran scheme.
- 300 crore rupees will be spent to build the stadiums across the state.
- 500 playgrounds are being developed in the state to encourage rural talents.
- They also said that 50 thousand rupees will be given to one thousand players and 2500 clubs to get a grant of Rs. 75 thousand.
11. Under the UDAN scheme of the Government of India, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has flagged off the first-ever thrice-weekly flight from Indore (Madhya Pradesh) to Kishangarh (Ajmer, Rajasthan).
- In its constant endeavor to connect the unconnected regions, the Ministry of Civil Aviation awarded the Indore-Kishangarh route during the UDAN 3 bidding process to Star Air.
- With the commencement of this route, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has operationalized 268 routes under the UDAN scheme.
- The approximate distance between Indore and Kishangarh is around 550 kilometers and people had to spend more than 10 hours to reach Kishangarh from Indore by road. However, with the commencement of flight operations on this route, people can take a one-hour flight and travel at ease.
12. Government has envisaged the replacement of all the level crossings on National Highways by Road Over Bridges or Road Under Bridges under the Setu Bharatam scheme.
- The program is being implemented by the Road Transport and Highways Ministry to ensure the safe and smooth flow of traffic and reduce road fatalities by 50 percent by 2020.
- The Setu Bharatam scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 4, 2016, for building rail over bridges and underpasses for safe and smooth travel on national highways. Earlier, the target was set to be achieved by 2019.
- The scheme was launched to make all the National Highways free of railway level crossings to prevent frequent road accidents and loss of lives at level crossings.
- The government had identified around 208 places for the construction of rail over-bridges and underpasses and earmarked funds worth almost Rs 10,200 crore for the implementation of the scheme.
13. Karnataka govt. launches Janasevaka scheme for home delivery of services like ration cards
- The scheme was launched by Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa, will pertain to 53 services involving 11 departments.
- "Janasevaka under the Sakala scheme is a program to avail the benefits of government schemes at the doorstep.
- Sakala aims to ensure on-time delivery of government services to citizens by practicing innovative and efficient management systems through capacity building in government and empowering citizens to exercise their right to service.
- Under the scheme, there will be one volunteer in each ward. These volunteers have been outsourced.
- A toll-free helpline has been set up for this scheme which will work from 8 am to 8 pm. A sum of Rs 115 will be charged to provide the home delivery services.
14. Haryana Govt. has launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Parivar Samridhi Yojna’.
- Under this scheme, annual financial assistance of Rs 6000 will be provided to those families in the State whose annual income is up to Rs 1.80 lakh and land holding is less than 5 acres so that premium of various welfare schemes of the Central Government.
- The pension scheme and crop insurance could be paid automatically from the bank accounts of needy families.
- The Chief Minister also transferred the amount under the scheme to five beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Shyama Prasad Mukherji National Rurban Mission (SPMRM) on February 21, 2016.
- It has completed its four years on February 21, 2020.
- SPMRM was launched with an objective to bring overall development to rural areas.
- The government has set some specific points to identify a ‘Rurban’ (Rural-Urban) area.
16. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has inaugurated the YSR Aarogyasri scheme at Eluru in West Godavari district.
- The scheme will be inaugurated in each district by respective Mandal and district officials.
- Over one crore individuals will be benefited under this new health scheme.
- Around 16 lakhs of Aarogyasri cards will be distributed across the state, while a few cards will be handed over on an inaugural day, the rest of the beneficiaries will get them by the end of February.
- YSR Aarogyasri scheme is applicable to people having an annual income of up to Rs 5 lakh.