HCS 2020 Topic Wise Current Affairs: Schemes & Policies-I
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Last One Year Topic Wise Current Affairs: Schemes & Policies Part-I
Haryana Civil Services Exam
CURRENT AFFAIRS YEARLY 2020
Last one-year Current Affairs For HCS Exam: Schemes & Policies Part-I
1. West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee has expanded the state-run ‘Swasthya Sathi’ health scheme to cover the entire population of the state.
- The decision will be applicable from December 1, 2020.
- She drew parallels with the Centre’s ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme saying that it is being run on a 60:40 ratio, while ‘Swasthya Sathi’ is totally funded by the West Bengal government.
- The health scheme, which was officially launched by Banerjee in December 2016, is a basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs 5 lakh per annum per family.
- The health card will be issued to the woman guardians of the families and will be distributed from December 1, 2020.
2. Rajasthan has launched - ‘Indira Gandhi Matritva Poshan Yojana’
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the scheme through video conferencing.
- On the occasion of its launch, two beneficiaries each from the four districts were given cheques of Rs 1000 each as the first installment of this scheme.
- More than 77 thousand women are expected to be benefitted from this scheme every year.
- Beneficiary women will get Rs 6000 in five phases.
3. The Punjab Cabinet has approved a new scheme “Punjab Divyangjan Shaktikaran Yojana”
- which will be implemented in a phased manner across the state.
- The first phase of the scheme will involve strengthening the existing programs to ensure that their benefits reach persons with disabilities in a more effective manner.
- In the second phase, 13 new interventions are proposed to be undertaken for the empowerment of such persons
4. The Mastercard and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) have jointly launched Project Kirana in India.
- The project will work to increase revenue streams and adopt digital payments in Kirana shops owned or operated by women.
- The two-year program would be initially implemented across Lucknow, Kanpur, and Varanasi covering around 3,000 women entrepreneurs and would be scaled up later.
- The program will focus on building financial and digital literacy, improving basic business management skills, and addressing the cultural and other barriers faced by women in becoming Kirana entrepreneurs.
5. Two new schemes — Vaatsalya Yojana and Samarth Yojana — have been launched for orphan and destitute children during the week.
- Skill development activities, awareness programs, and new welfare schemes have marked the child rights week being observed in Rajasthan from November 14 to 20.
- Mr. Gehlot also inaugurated a skill development and counseling center for children in Jodhpur.
- The initiatives were taken in accordance with the announcement for the creation of the Nehru Child Protection Fund in the 2020-21 State Budget.
6. Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat has inaugurated the Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana) in the state in partnership with NABARD.
- Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme is a concept that will prove to be a milestone in strengthening the economy of farmers and doubling their income.
- The limit for the interest-free loan given to farmers is being hiked to Rs 3 lakh from Rs 2 lakh.
- Farmers to focus on it with emphasis on mechanized and scientific farming to boost productivity.
7. The Young Advocates Welfare Fund has been launched in Tamil Nadu.
- The Young Advocates Welfare Scheme is aimed at helping such fresh candidates to withstand the initial challenges.
- It provides monthly financial assistance of three thousand rupees each for two years to the lawyers who just come out of law colleges.
8. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated three key projects in Gujarat on 24th October, via video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister has launched the ‘Kisan Suryodaya Yojana’ for the farmers of Gujarat.
- He inaugurated the Paediatric Heart Hospital attached with U.N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre and a Mobile Application for tele-cardiology at the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
- He also inaugurated the Ropeway at Girnar on the occasion.
- Under ‘Kisan Suryodaya Yojana’ farmers will be able to avail of power supply from 5 AM to 9 PM.
9. Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched the “Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana”
- The scheme is aimed at promoting self-employment of the youth and promoting the production of Green Energy.
- The targeted beneficiaries include youths and migrant workers, who returned home after leaving jobs in various parts of the country due to pandemic.
- The targeted beneficiaries will be allocated Solar Plants of 25 Kilowatts (KW) each.
- The plants will generate 38,000 Units of Electricity per annum which will be bought by Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited for 25 years
10. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch YSR Jala Kala scheme,
- Under this scheme, borewells will be dug free of cost to the needy farmers. The scheme is estimated to bring in five lakh acres under cultivation through groundwater irrigation.
- Around three lakh farmers will be benefited from YSR Jala Kala, which is estimated to cost Rs 2,340 crore in four years.
- The government plans to drill about two lakh borewells to enable groundwater irrigation to the upland farmers and those in arid areas depending on the availability and the level of the water table.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme on October 11, 2020. This will be a historic move to transform rural India.
- The move will provide villagers a way to use the property as a financial asset.
- The villagers could use their property for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- This launch will enable one lakh property holders to download their property cards using an SMS link.
- SMS links would be sent on their mobile phones. Then, they would be given physical property cards by the respective state governments.
- These beneficiaries come from 763 villages across six states. Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Karnataka.
12. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the 'Jaganna Vidya Kanuka' scheme for students studying in government schools.
- "Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy launched yet another ambitious scheme for students studying in Government schools.
- Putting an end to the earlier practice of delay and erratic supply of textbooks, school uniforms, and other essentials, this scheme aims to improve government schools' quality and enrolments.
- The school kits will bring relief to the parents and save the new academic year expenditure, motivating them to send their children to school and continue their education,
13. The Gujarat State Government launched the “Digital Seva Setu Programme” for rural areas on October 6, 2020.
- It was launched under the Bharat Net Project of the Central government.
- The program complies with India's Digital India Mission.
- The villages will be connected with the 100 MBps optical fiber network with an aim to make every village a mini Sachivalay.
- The program connects the village panchayats. It will provide twenty pro-people services including the delivery of ration cards at doorsteps.
- The program will enable people to receive public welfare services at the Panchayat level.
- Gram panchayats will be connected to the state data center at Gandhinagar, under the program. Thus, it will integrate the data.
- The citizens will be charged Rs 20 to avail the benefits of the program.
14. Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya launched the ‘Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana’ scheme under which 19 International Players will get road connectivity to their homes.
- The initial list includes 19 International Players from the state, and later on more players are expected to be added to the list.
- The list includes Indian Cricketers Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Piyush Chawla, and Mohammad Kaif.
- A road will be named after Late Cricketer and Former Cabinet Minister Chetan Chauhan.
15. ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot has approved the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation’s scheme called ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’.
- This Moksha Kalash Yojana aims to allow free bus travel to two members of the family of the deceased to immerse the ashes of their loved ones in the Ganga in Haridwar.
- The state road transport corporation would be the nodal agency to run the scheme and the expenses would be borne by the Devasthan Department.
- Passengers will be required to register for availing the facility by providing details including about the dead person.
16. Odisha government has launched a statewide welfare scheme “GARIMA” for sanitation workers to ensure their safety and dignity.
- The ‘Garima’ scheme will institutionalize and regulate core sanitation services to provide social security and financial benefits to the sanitation workers and their families.
- The scheme aims to promote the livelihoods, security, and social dignity of sanitation workers through targeted measures.
17. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar ( PMSBHG ) - Saubhagya Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar ( PMSBHG ) - Saubhagya Yojana has complete 3 years on Sept 25, which was launched by PM Narendra Modi in 2017, on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
- It was aimed at achieving electrification of all willing houses of rural as well as urban regions of the country.
- The project was initiated with an estimated cost of Rs 16,320 crore.
- The scheme has provided free electricity connections to eligible households.
18. Meghalaya government launched the Piggery Mission with an outlay of Rs 200 Crore.
- The mission will reduce the annual import of pork worth Rs 150 Crore.
- Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma has launched the biggest piggery project in India for Meghalaya in presence of Union Minister of State (MoS) for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Kailash Choudhury at National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) Hqs in New Delhi.
- The Piggery Mission has been launched with a focus on augmenting farmer income and attaining self-sufficiency in food and nutrition security.
19. Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha has announced a scheme to provide universal health insurance to all residents of the Union Territory.
- The scheme will provide health insurance cover free of cost to all residents and shall include the serving and retired employees and their families as well.
- The government has approved an important public health benefits proposal which is probably the first of its kind in the entire country.
- Jammu and Kashmir Health Scheme will provide universal health coverage to nearly 70 lakh residents of the Union Territory who are not covered under the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- The LG invited suggestions from the public for naming the J&K Health Scheme.
20. West Bengal -After the Kanyashree scheme, another West Bengal government project has received a global prize.
- The World Summit on the Information Society has handed over the winner prize 2020 to the state government for the Sabuj Sathi project through a virtual ceremony.
- Sabuj Sathi had contested with 800 projects from across the globe to become the “winner” under the e-government category.
- The project is the brainchild of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- Started in 2015, bicycles are given to students of state-run, state-sponsored, aided schools and madrasas studying between classes 9 and 12 in a bid to reduce the issue of dropping out of school, especially in rural Bengal, and also to ensure they continue school education till at least class 12.
- According to the state government, it has so far distributed cycles among 85 lakh students at an estimated cost of over Rs 2,700 crore.
21. Assam recently relaunched the “SVAYEM” scheme for youth
- The Assam government re-launched a scheme to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths of the state. Known as Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM), it would provide 50 thousand rupees each as seed money to selected youths to start business ventures.
- Finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the government is launching the redesigned SVAYEM with a budget of 1000 crore which will be spent in the next three months without any banking linkage.
- He said that the 2 lakh beneficiaries would have to be part of self-help groups, joint liability groups.
- Those seeking to avail benefits of the scheme will be able to register themselves at a new portal which will be launched on September 16.
22. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Minister Narendra Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
- Along with the scheme, the PM will also launch e-Gopala application.
- The scheme focuses on sustainable development of fisheries in India. It is to be implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25.
- The funds allocated to fisheries under the scheme is Rs 20,050 crores. This is the highest ever allocated to that of the fisheries sector.
- The scheme aims to enhance fish production to 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25.
- It will generate 55 lakhs of direct and indirect employment in the fisheries sector.
23. Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Scheme
- Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Scheme to provide meals at a subsidized rate to underprivileged people was re-introduced in Madhya Pradesh.
- Now the rate per thali has been increased to Rs 10 from Rs 5
- The decision was taken in the fifth virtual cabinet meeting.
- The scheme, which was launched in 2017 in 49 districts of the state in the name of BJP ideologue Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, had been discontinued by the previous Congress government in May 2019.
- Then chief minister Kamal Nath had announced to introduce the Indira Thali scheme to provide food to poor people at a subsidized rate but the scheme couldn’t be implemented.
- The initiative replicated the state-run Amma canteens, started by former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa, to provide food to the poor at low prices.
24. Maharashtra launched a new road accident insurance scheme named after Balasaheb Thackeray
- Maharashtra state government launched a new road accident insurance scheme named after late Shiv Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray, to provide timely treatment to victims that could help to reduce the fatality rate.
- Under the Balasaheb Thackeray Accidental Insurance Scheme, an accident victim will be provided treatment in nearby hospitals in the first 72 hours of the incident.
- Treatment up to Rs 30,000 will be provided free of charge from about 74 treatment procedures, including treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU) and ward, fractures as well as meals in the hospital.
- An accident victim of any state or the country can avail of the benefits of the scheme if he or she meets with a road accident within Maharashtra.
25. Ghar tak Fiber scheme in Bihar
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched nine highway projects and Ghar tak Fiber scheme in Bihar on September 21, 2020.
- Under the Ghar tak fibre Scheme, optical fibre services will be provided to households.
- The project is to be implemented by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Ghar Tak Fibre Scheme. It will connect 45,945 villages in the state.
- The project thus enabled the Digital revolution to reach even to the remote areas of Bihar.
- The scheme has been launched to provide optical fibre enabled internet connections to every household in the country concentrating on village and rural areas.
- PM Modi had said in his 74th independence-day speech, that over 1.5 lakh village panchayats have received optical fiber connections after 2014 under the scheme.
- The scheme ensures digital connectivity under the Bharat Net programme.