Day Wise Current Affairs: 2nd Feb 2021 - Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Day Wise Current Affairs - 2nd Feb 2021
Current Affairs are the most important sections for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS, or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC, and many more state services. These questions are very important for All govt. exams.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 2nd Feb 2021
Que1. एशियाई क्रिकेट परिषद के अध्यक्ष के रूप में किसे चुना गया है?/Who has been elected as the President of the Asian Cricket Council?
जय शाह/Jay Shah
Que2. राष्ट्रीय स्वास्थ्य प्राधिकरण के नए CEO के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?/Who has been appointed as the new CEO of the National Health Authority?
आर एस शर्मा/R S Sharma
Q1. स्वास्थ्य और कल्याण क्षेत्र के लिए बजट परिव्यय कितने प्रतिशत से बढ़ाया गया है?
Q1. The Budget outlay for the health & well-being sector has been hiked by ___percent?
- The Union Budget 2021-22 presented in Parliament by the Union Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman.
- This year's budget proposals rest on six pillars -- health and well-being, physical, financial capital and infrastructure, inclusive development for aspirational India, reinvigorating human capital, innovation and R&D and minimum government and maximum governance.
- Health & Wellbeing is one of the 6 crucial pillars of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- An increase of 137 percent provided from the Budget outlay for Health and Well-being i.e. over 2.23 lakh crore rupees as against this year’s budget estimate of 94,452 crores.
- To strengthen nutritional content, delivery, outreach, and outcome, the Supplementary Nutrition Programme and the Poshan Abhiyan will be merged and Mission Poshan 2.0 will be launched to improve nutritional outcomes across 112 Aspirational Districts.
- A new centrally sponsored scheme, PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana, will be launched with an outlay of about 64,180 crores over 6 years. This will be in addition to the National Health Mission.
Q2.केंद्रीय वित्त मंत्री ने जल जीवन मिशन (शहरी) के लिए कितने रूपए के परिव्यय की घोषणा की है?
(a) 2.87 लाख करोड़ रु
(b) 1.50 लाख करोड़ रु
(c) 1.87 लाख करोड़ रु
(d) 2.25 लाख करोड़ रु
Q2. Union Finance Minister has announced Rs_________ outlay for Jal Jeevan mission (Urban)?
(a) 2.87 lakh crore
(b) 1.50 lakh crore
(c) 1.87 lakh crore
(d) 2.25 lakh crore
- The Union Budget has announced launch of the Jal Jeevan Mission (Urban). It aims at universal water supply in all 4,378 Urban Local Bodies as well as liquid waste management in 500 AMRUT cities.
- It will be implemented over 5 years, with an outlay of Rs 2,87,000 crore.
- The Urban Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0 will be implemented with a total financial allocation of Rs 1,41,678 crore over a period of 5 years from 2021-2026.
- To tackle air pollution, an amount of Rs 2,217 crore has been proposed for 42 urban centres with a million-plus population in this budget.
Q3.बीमा कंपनियों के विदेशी प्रत्यक्ष निवेश (FDI) की सीमा बढ़ाकर कितने प्रतिशत करने का प्रस्ताव दिया है?
Q3. The Foreign direct investment (FDI) limit of the insurance companies has been proposed to increase to _____%.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has proposed to amend the Insurance Act 1938 to increase the permissible Foreign direct investment (FDI) limit from 49 per cent to 74 per cent in insurance companies and allow foreign ownership and control with safeguards.
- Under the new structure, the majority of Directors on the Board and key management persons would be resident Indians, with at least 50% of Directors being Independent Directors, and specified percentage of profits being retained as general reserve.
- In the first paperless Union Budget, finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman also said investor charter would be introduced as a right of all financial investors across all financial products.
- Government has proposed infusing 20 thousand crore rupees to re-capitalized Public Sector Banks.
- Disinvestment target pegged at Rs 1.75 lakh crore
- BPCL, IDBI Bank, two more PSU banks, one insurance company to be privatised among others.
Q4.भारत के वित्त मंत्री ने बजट 2021 में बिजली वितरण सुधार कार्यक्रम के लिए कितने रूपए की घोषणा की है?
(a) 2 ट्रिलियन
(b) 3.05 ट्रिलियन
(c) 1.5 ट्रिलियन
(d) 3 ट्रिलियन
Q4. The Finance Minister of India has announced _____________ rupees electricity distribution reform programme?
(a) 2 trillion
(b) 3.05 trillion
(c) 1.5 trillion
(d) 3 trillion
- The Finance Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a Rupees 3.05 trillion electricity distribution reform programme while presenting the Union Budget 2021.
- The electricity distribution programme will help in reducing the losses and improve the efficiency of electricity distribution companies (DISCOMs).
- A framework that allows a choice of electricity supplier to consumers was also announced during the budget presentation.
- The government is also considering to table the Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- The bill proposes measures like “de-licensing” of the power distribution business in order to bring competition.
Q5.किस देश ने हाल ही में हांगकांग निवासियों के लिए एक विशेष वीजा योजना शुरू की है?
Q5. Which country has recently opened a special visa scheme for Hong Kong residents?
- The UK is opening a special visa scheme that will allow lakhs of Hong Kong residents a chance to migrate and eventually apply for British citizenship.
- The move comes months after China imposed a sweeping national security law over the former British colony, taking aim at pro-democracy protests that had captured global attention since 2019.
Q6.पट्टचित्र चित्रकला किस राज्य से संबंधित है?
(b) पश्चिम बंगाल
(d) दोनों (a) और (b)
Q6. Patachitra painting art is related to which state?
(b) West Bengal
(d) Both (a) and (b)
- During his Mann ki Baat programme, the Prime Minister cited the example of a young student from Rourkela in Odisha for her keen interest in 'Pattachitra' painting.
- Patachitra is a type of traditional painting style that is practiced in Odisha and West Bengal.
- The term ‘Patachitra’ is derived from Sanskrit words- ‘pata’ meaning cloth and ‘chitra’ meaning picture. A patachitra painting takes 6 to 12 hours for completion and can cost anywhere from 500 INR to 5,000 INR.
- The pictures are painted on strips of cotton cloth treated with chalk and tamarind seeds gum. These are then rubbed with stones to achieve a leathery finish. The canvas is then painted using vegetable, earth and stone colors.
Q7.किस केंद्रीय मंत्री ने ASEAN इंडिया हैकथॉन का उद्घाटन किया है?
(a) रमेश पोखरियाल 'निशंक’
(b) नरेंद्र मोदी
(c) अमित शाह
(d) राजनाथ सिंह
Q7. Which Union Minister has inaugurated the ASEAN India Hackathon?
(a) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Amit Shah
(d) Rajnath Singh
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the ASEAN India Hackathon.
- This Hackathon will provide a unique opportunity to India and ASEAN countries to solve their common identified challenges under two broad themes of “Blue Economy” and “Education” and provide an opportunity to forward their economic and cultural ties through collaboration in education, science and technology.
- The ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon is an initiative taken by the Ministry of Education on the clarion call of Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- The ASEAN India Hackathon is being organized online from 1st -3rd February 2021.
Q8.By Many a Happy Accident पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) शशि थरूर
(b) जयराम रमेश
(ग) रमेश पोखरियाल 'निशंक’
(d) मोहम्मद हामिद अंसारी
Q8. Who wrote the book titled, By Many a Happy Accident?
(a) Shashi Thearoor
(b) Jairam Ramesh
(c) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
(d) Mohammad Hamid Ansari
- The Book titled, By Many a Happy Accident is written by Mohammad Hamid Ansari.
- He was the vice president of India and chairman of the Rajya Sabha for two consecutive terms from 2007 to 2017.
- A former diplomat, he served as ambassador to the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, as high commissioner to Australia and as permanent representative to the United Nations in New York.
Q9.पॉल क्रुटज़ेन जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया, वह किस क्षेत्र के नोबेल पुरस्कार के विजेता थे?
(b) रसायन विज्ञान
Q9. Paul Crutzen who passed away recently was a winner of the Nobel Prize in which field?
- Paul Crutzen, the Dutch chemist who was a co-recipient of the 1995 Nobel prize for chemistry for his work on stratospheric ozone passed away at the age of 87 following several years of illness.
- He won the Nobel, jointly with Mario J. Molina and F. Sherwood Rowland.
- He was popularly known for his work on the ozone layer and climate change and for popularizing the term ‘Anthropocene’ to describe a proposed new era when human actions have a drastic effect on the Earth.
Q10. 2021 के लिए पल्स पोलियो कार्यक्रम के पहले दौर की शुरुआत किसने की?
(a) वेंकैया नायडू
(b) राम नाथ कोविंद
(c) नरेंद्र मोदी
(d) डॉ हर्षवर्धन
Q10. Who launched the first round of Pulse Polio Programme 2021?
(a) Venkaiah Naidu
(b) Ram Nath Kovind
(c) Narendra Modi
(d) Dr Harsh Vardhan
- First round of Pulse Polio Programme 2021 was launched by President Ram Nath Kovind on 30 January 2021.
- The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has rescheduled the Polio vaccination day (National Immunisation Day or Polio Ravivar) to 31 January 2021.
- Polio vaccination day (National Immunisation Day or Polio Ravivar) was earlier scheduled to start from 17 January 2021.
- This was done because the COVID-19 vaccination drive was launched by PM Modi on 16 January 2021.
- In March 2014, WHO certified India as a polio-free country. The last case of polio was recorded in India in January 2011.
- Government launched National Immunization Day (NID) or Pulse Polio Immunization programme in 1995.
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|