Daily Current Affairs Quiz: 8th February 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs Quiz: 8th February 2021 | Frontier IAS |
Daily Current Affairs 2021 For HCS, RAS, UPPCS
In this article, Frontier IAS provides daily current affairs quiz, the latest news, and GK updates for all upcoming civil services exams. Current Affairs are the most important sections for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS, or other State Services - UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC, and many more state services. These questions are very important for All govt. exams.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 8th Feb 2021
Que1. कौन सा राज्य ई-कैबिनेट लागू करने वाला भारत का पहला राज्य बन गया है?Which state has become the first State in India to implement an e-cabinet? हिमाचल प्रदेश/Himachal Pradesh
Que2. भारत का पहला थंडरस्टॉर्म रिसर्च टेस्टबेड किस राज्य में स्थापित किया जाएगा?
India’s first thunderstorm research testbed will be set up in which state? ओडिशा/Odisha
Q1.राष्ट्रीय बाघ संरक्षण प्राधिकरण (NTCA) ने किस जिले में पांचवें बाघ रिजर्व के निर्माण को मंजूरी दी है?
(d) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q1.The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has approved the creation of the fifth tiger reserve in which district?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has approved the creation of the fifth tiger reserve in Tamil Nadu.
- The tiger reserve will surround the Meghamalai and the Srivilliputhur Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuaries within it.
- The approval was given on the demand of the environmental activists.
- The activists were demanding the creation of a tiger reserve linking the two sanctuaries in the adjoining areas of Periyar Tiger Reserve in Kerala.
- They also demand to connect the tiger reserve with the Tirunelveli Wildlife Sanctuary and the Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve
- 4 Tiger Reserves-. Anamalai, Kalakkad - Mundanthurai, Mudumalai, and Sathyamangalam.
REVISION: Thaipusam festival is celebrated in which state? Tamil Nadu
Q2. महिला जननांग विकृति के खिलाफ शून्य सहनशीलता का अंतरराष्ट्रीय दिवस ( International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation) कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 7 फरवरी
(b) 6 फरवरी
(c) 5 फरवरी
(d) 8 फरवरी
Q2. When is International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation observed?
(a) February 7
(b) February 6
(c) February 5
(d) February 8
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on February 6, to spread awareness and educate people about the problems females faced due to genital mutilation.
- The main aim of the day is to end Female Genital Mutilation in one decade and it will require support from every quarter especially youth.
Q3.किस भारतीय सशस्त्र बल की CoBRA कमांडो इकाई ने हाल ही में पहली महिला टीम को शामिल किया है?
Q3.The CoBRA commando unit of which Indian armed forces has recently inducted the first women team?
- 34 women personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) joined the Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA), the elite CRPF component specializing in jungle warfare and counter-Naxal operations.
- The chosen women personnel from the 6 Mahila Battalions of CRPF will undergo a strenuous CoBRA pre-induction training of 3 months.
- The training shall cover firing and special weapons, tactical planning, fieldcraft, explosives, jungle survival skills, etc.
- After the completion of their training, these women warriors will be posted in Left-wing extremism-hit areas deep inside the jungles, particularly in Chhattisgarh, and shall fight the Maoists shoulder-to-shoulder with their male counterparts.
Q4.प्रतिष्ठित आकाशवाणी संगीत समारोह का नाम किस महान गायक के नाम पर रखा जाएगा?
(a) हरिप्रसाद चौरसिया
(b) पंडित जसराज
(c) पंडित भीमसेन जोशी
(d) एम एस सुब्बुलक्ष्मी
Q4.The iconic Akashvani music festival will be named after which legendary singer?
(a) Hariprasad Chaurasia
(b) Pandit Jasraj
(c) Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
(d) MS Subbulakshmi
- The prestigious Akashvani Music Festival will hereinafter be named after Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi.
- Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar made this announcement at a Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Centenary Commemorative function organized in Pune.
- All India Radio, besides its regular music broadcasts, has endeared itself to its classical music listeners by organizing the Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan, in which prominent artists from across the country performing.
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi has conferred the Bharat Ratna award in 2009.
Q5. ISRO ने 2021 के अपने पहले मिशन में किस देश के उपग्रह Amazonia-1 को लॉन्च करने की घोषणा की है?
(d) सऊदी अरब
Q5. ISRO has announced to launch which country’s satellite Amazonia-1 in its first mission of 2021?
(d) Saudi Arabia
- In its first mission of 2021, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) plans to launch Amazonia 1 of Brazil and 20 other Indian satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota on February 28
- The mission is called PSLV-C51, the 53rd mission of PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle). PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 is the first dedicated commercial mission of New Space India Limited (NSIL), a Government of India company under the Department of Space.
- Amazonia-1 is the optical earth observation satellite of the National Institute for Space Research The 20 co-passenger satellites include one from ISRO (INS-2TD), four from IN-SPACe (three UNITYsats from a consortium of three Indian academic institutes and one Satish Dhawan satellite from Space Kidz India), and 15 from NSIL.
- The 20 co-passenger satellites include one from ISRO (INS-2TD), ‘Anand’, ‘Satish Dhawan’ satellite, and ‘UNITYsat’.
Q6.हाल ही में किस राज्य ने अपनी राजधानी में एक Science City स्थापित करने के लिए केंद्र सरकार के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) उत्तर प्रदेश
Q6. Which state has recently signed an MoU with the central government to set up a Science city in its capital?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between the Central and Uttarakhand governments for establishing a science city in Dehradun at an estimated cost of Rs 173 crore.
- The MoU was signed between the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology and the National Council of Science Museums, an autonomous organization under the Indian Ministry of Culture.
- The Centre would contribute Rs 88 crore and the remaining Rs 83 crore would be provided by the Uttarakhand government.
Q7.राष्ट्रपति राम नाथ कोविंद ने किस राज्य में जनरल केएस थिमय्या संग्रहालय का उद्घाटन किया है?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q7.President Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the General KS Thimayya Museum in which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
- President inaugurates museum dedicated to pride of Kodagu General Thimayya in Madikeri
- General Kodendera Subayya Thimayya was a distinguished soldier of the Indian Army who served as Chief of Army Staff from 1957 to 1961 in the crucial years leading up to the conflict with China in 1962
- He was the only Indian to command an Infantry brigade in battle during the Second World War
- In 1954, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan for Civil Service.
Q8.ICICI बैंक ने हाल ही में MUFG बैंक के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन (MoU) पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं। यह किस देश का सबसे बड़ा बैंक है?
(b) दक्षिण कोरिया
Q8.ICICI Bank has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MUFG Bank. This is the largest bank of which country?
(b) South Korea
- ICICI Bank has announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MUFG Bank, Japan’s premier bank, for collaboration towards catering to the banking requirements of Japanese corporates present in India.
- The MoU was signed at a virtual event by Vishakha Mulye, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, and Junsuke Koike, Executive Officer and Regional Executive for India and Sri Lanka, MUFG Bank, in the presence of senior officials of both banks.
- MUFG Bank is the largest bank in Japan. It was established on January 1, 2006, following the merger of the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd. and UFJ Bank Ltd.
Q9.किस केंद्र शासित प्रदेश ने हाल ही में carbon neutral region बनाने के लिए ONGC एनर्जी सेंटर के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन (MoU) पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) जम्मू और कश्मीर
Q9.Which Union Territory has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with ONGC Energy Centre to make a carbon-neutral region?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir
- Ladakh has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with ONGC Energy Centre in the presence of lieutenant governor Radha Krishna Mathur at Leh.
- The MoU aims at establishing the first-ever geothermal field development project at Puga in Leh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his recent address, had committed to making Ladakh a carbon-neutral region.
Additional Information: Authorities in Ladakh organized the first-ever developmental conclave in Leh. The day-long conclave was chaired by Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur. Developmental Conclave Ladakh is the first exercise by the government of Ladakh after the formation of the Union Territory.
Q10.Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) परिषद ने अपनी पहली बैठक में दुनिया के सबसे बड़े रेडियो टेलीस्कोप की स्थापना को मंजूरी दी हैं। SKAO के मुख्यालय कहाँ स्थित हैं?
(d) दक्षिण अफ्रीका
Q10. The Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Council held its maiden meeting and approved the establishment of the world’s largest radio telescope. Where are the HQs of SKAO situated?
(d) South Africa
- On 4th Feb, the Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) Council held its maiden meeting and approved the establishment of the world’s largest radio telescope.
- SKAO is a new intergovernmental organization dedicated to radio astronomy and is headquartered in the UK.
- At the moment, organisations from ten countries are a part of the SKAO.
- These include Australia, Canada, China, India, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, the Netherlands and the UK.The telescope is proposed to be the largest radio telescope in the world.
- It will be located in Africa and Australia whose operation, maintenance and construction will be overseen by SKAO.
- The completion is expected to take nearly a decade at a cost of over £1.8 billion.
You may find the below articles useful
- HCS Previous Year papers
- HCS Prelims Syllabus GS and CSAT
- HCS Mains and Optional Subjects details
- HCS Notification update
- HCS Guidance videos
- HCS exam online course
- HCS Test Series
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|