Daily Current Affairs: 23rd Jan 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs: 23rd Jan 2021
Daily Current Affairs Jan 2021
23rd Jan 2021
Current Affairs are most important section for all the students preparing for one or another govt. exams like UPSC, HCS or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC and many more state services.
|Daily current affairs 2020-2021||Topic wise current affairs 2020-2021||Last one year current affairs 2020-2021|
Previous Year Quiz Questions
Que1. त्रिपुरा, मणिपुर, और मेघालय का स्थापना दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
When is the statehood day of Tripura, Manipur, and Meghalaya celebrated? 21 जनवरी/January 21
Que2. किस राज्य सरकार ने युवा सशक्तीकरण के लिए Re-SVAYEM योजना शुरू की है?/ Which state government has launched Re-SVAYEM scheme for youth empowerment? असम/Assam
Q1.किस प्रसिद्ध ट्रेन का नाम बदलकर 'नेताजी एक्सप्रेस' कर दिया गया है?
(d) दार्जिलिंग -सिलीगुड़ी
Q1. Which famous train has been renamed as the ‘Netaji Express’ ?
(d) Darjeeling -Siliguri
- The Indian Railways has renamed one of its oldest trains, the Howrah-Kalka Mail, as the ‘Netaji Express’.
- Howrah-Kalka Mail was started in the 19th Century as one of the early commercial passenger train services in India.
Q2. हाल ही में भारतीय सशस्त्र बलों द्वारा कौन सा संयुक्त सैन्य अभ्यास आयोजित किया गया है?
(a) अभ्यास कवच
(b) अभ्यास धवज
(c) अभ्यास रक्षक
(d) अभ्यास धनुष
Q2. Which joint military exercise has been recently conducted by the Indian Armed forces?
(a) Exercise Kavach
(b) Exercise Dhawaj
(c) Exercise Rakshak
(d) Exercise Dhanush
- Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard will conduct a joint military exercise ‘Exercise Kavach’ under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- It is scheduled to be held next week in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- The exercise aims to develop synergy between air and sea strikes, air defense, submarine and landing operations.
- It will also help in the coordinated use of maritime surveillance resources.
- An Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) exercise will also be conducted between the three services.
- The armed forces had conducted a joint tri-service exercise, ‘Bull Strike’ from 3 November 2020 to 5 November 2020 under the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
Q3. हाल ही में किस राज्य ने सरकारी व्यय पर नजर रखने के लिए अवलोकन सॉफ्टवेयर लॉन्च किया है?
Q3. Which state has recently launched Avalokana software to track government expenditures?
- Karnataka Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa launched Avalokana software to track government expenditures on 1,800 programmes.
- The software will give constituency-wise detail about the Government grant and allocation on different development programmes.
- The software will mainly track the expenditures on schemes related to Sustainable Development, Scheduled Caste, Tribal, etc.
- It will bring transparency to the governance of the state. It will help the state government in release of funds based on the expenditure details provided by the software.
- The Chief Minister has also launched the statistics on Development programmes for the year 2019-20.
Q4. हाल ही में किस राज्य ने कोकबोरोक दिवस मनाया है?
(d) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q4. Which state has recently celebrated Kokborok Day?
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
- Kokborok Day, also called Tripuri language Day is observed on January 19 every year.
- Tripura observed the 42nd anniversary of the recognition of Kokborok dialect as an official language of the state with a series of programs and colourful events.
- Kokborok was recognised as an official language in 1979 but still it is not included in the 8th schedule.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Risa is a customary hand woven cloth used by Tripura’s indigenous tribal communities.
- It is one of the three parts of customary Tripura female attire, the other two being the Rignai and Rikutu.
- The Risa is used as a head gear, stole and female upper cloth or presented to honour a distinguished recipient.
Q5.जनजातीय मामलों के मंत्रालय ने किस राज्य सरकार के साथ संयुक्त रूप से राष्ट्रीय प्रवासन सहायता पोर्टल श्रम शक्ति का शुभारंभ किया है?
Q5. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs along with which state government has jointly launched a National Migration Support Portal Shram Shakti?
(d) Tamil Nadu
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Goa Government have jointly launched Shram Shakti, a National Migration Support Portal and Shram Saathi, a training manual for migrant workers at Goa.
- To facilitate and support approximately 4 lacs migrants who come from different States to Goa, Chief Minister of Goa will also launch a dedicated Migration cell in Goa.
- MoTA has also sanctioned Tribal research Institute, Tribal Museum, Van Dhan Kendras and Tribal Lok Utsav in Goa.
REVISION:Goa Liberation Day-19 दिसंबर
Q6.दक्षिण पूर्व एशियाई देशों के संगठन (आसियान) सचिवालय में भारत के अगले राजदूत के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) संजीव कुमार
(b) सिद्धार्थ मोहंती
(c) जयंत एन खोबरागड़े
(d) विश्ववीर आहूजा
Q6. Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat?
(a) Sanjeev Kumar
(b) Siddhartha Mohanty
(c) Jayant N Khobragade
(d) Vishwavir Ahuja
- Jayant N Khobragade has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat in Jakarta.
- Khobragade, an IFS 1995 batch officer, is currently serving as a joint secretary in the external affairs ministry.
- The 10 member countries of ASEAN are Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Q7.किस भारतीय सशस्त्र बल ने हाल ही में Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) भारतीय वायु सेना
(b) भारतीय सेना
(c) भारतीय नौसेना
(d) भारतीय तटरक्षक बल
Q7. Which Indian armed force has recently signed a MoU with the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers?
(a) Indian Air Force
(b) Indian Army
(c) Indian Navy
(d) Indian Coast Guard
- An MoU was signed between the Indian Army and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers to boost use of indigenous spare parts under Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- It was signed on the occasion of 25 Years of Army-Industry Partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Collaboration between the Indian Army and industry started in 1995 with the indigenisation of spares and has progressed to major defence platforms and a wide range of weapons and equipment.
- SIDM President Jayant D Patil
Q8.भारतीय जीवन बीमा निगम (LIC) के प्रबंध निदेशक के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) विपिन आनंद
(b) मुकेश कुमार गुप्ता
(c) सिद्धार्थ मोहंती
(d) टीसी सुशील कुमार
Q8. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)?
(a) Vipin Anand
(b) Mukesh Kumar Gupta
(c) Siddhartha Mohanty
(d) TC Suseel Kumar
- The government has appointed Siddhartha Mohanty, currently serving as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of LIC Housing Finance, as the MD of India’s largest insurer Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) from February 1 onwards.
- He will serve as the MD of LIC till his superannuation on June 30, 2023.
- Mohanty will be replacing TC Suseel Kumar, who is set to retire on January 31, 2021.
- LIC has four MDs and one chairman.
- Currently, MR Kumar is serving as the chairman of the corporation and TC Suseel Kumar, Vipin Anand, Mukesh Kumar Gupta, and Raj Kumar are serving as the MDs of LIC.
Q9.केंद्रीय स्वास्थ्य और परिवार कल्याण मंत्री डॉ हर्षवर्धन ने हाल ही में “MASCRADE 2021” के 7 वें संस्करण का उद्घाटन किया है, MASCRADE में S का क्या अर्थ है?
Q9. Dr. Harsh Vardhan,Union Minister of Health and Family welfare has inaugurated the 7th Edition of “MASCRADE 2021” What does S stands for in MASCRADE?
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan,Union Minister of Health and Family welfare has inaugurated the 7th Edition of “MASCRADE 2021”- Movement against Smuggled & Counterfeit Trade organised by FICCI CASCADE (Committee Against Smuggling and Counterfeiting Activities Destroying the Economy)
- The aim of MASCRADE 2021 is to foster a healthy discussion on newer and practical strategies to mitigate the challenges of counterfeiting and smuggling especially in a post COVID era.
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 was amended under Drugs & Cosmetics Amendment Act 2008.
- Under this Act, if any drug is deemed to be adulterated or spurious, then the offender or liable person may face imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than ten years but which may extend to imprisonment for life.
- FICCI New President- Uday Shankar
Q10.हिंदुस्तान एयरोनॉटिक्स लिमिटेड ने किस विमान से DRDO के स्मार्ट एंटी एयरफ़ील्ड वेपन का सफलतापूर्वक परीक्षण है?
Q10. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has successfully fired DRDO’s Smart Anti Airfield Weapon from which aircraft?
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has successfully fired DRDO’s Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft off the coast of Odisha.
- The SAAW is a precision strike weapon that can be used to target enemy airfield assets such as radars, bunkers, taxi tracks and runways. Indigenously developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation’s research centre Imarat, the weapon has a range of 100 km.
- It is the first smart weapon to be fired from an Indian Hawk Mk132 trainer aircraft.