Daily Current Affairs: 20th Jan 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs: 20th Jan 2021
Daily Current Affairs
20th Jan 2021
Current Affairs are most important section for all the students preparing for one or another govt. exams like UPSC, HCS or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC and many more state services.
Que1. कनाडा के हिंदी राइटर्स गिल्ड ने किस केंद्रीय मंत्री को सम्मानित किया है?
Which Union Minister has been honoured by Canada's Hindi Writers Guild? रमेश पोखरियाल ''निशंक''/Ramesh Pokhriyal ''Nishank''
Que2. शाक्रेन का पारंपरिक त्योहार किस देश में मनाया जाता है?/ In which country is the traditional festival of Shakrain celebrated?
Q1.सोमनाथ ट्रस्ट, गुजरात के अध्यक्ष के रूप में किसे नामित किया गया है?
(a) आचार्य देवव्रत
(b) नरेंद्र मोदी
(c) अमित शाह
(d) विजय रूपानी
|Daily current affairs 2020-2021||Topic wise current affairs 2020-2021||Last one year current affairs 2020-2021|
Q1. Who has been named as the Chairman of the Somnath Trust, Gujarat?
(a) Acharya Devvrat
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Amit Shah
(d) Vijay Rupani
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been unanimously named Chairman of the Somnath Trust which manages the globally famous Somnath Temple in Gujarat’s Gir Somnath district.
- The post fell vacant in October 2020 after the demise of former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel.
- This is the first time in the history of independent India that a sitting prime minister would head a famous temple trust.
REVISION: Varsha Joshi, has been appointed as interim chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- NDDB HQs- Anand, Gujarat
Q2.भारत ने हाल ही में किस देश के साथ “Ex-Desert Knight 21” हवाई अभ्यास का आयोजन किया है?
Q2. India has recently conducted an air exercise “Ex-Desert Knight 21” with which country?
- A 5 day air exercise “Ex-Desert Knight 21” between India and France started near Jodhpur, Rajasthan on January 20, 2021.
- The Rafale jets of the two countries will be engaged in complex maneuvers to enhance operational coordination
- The exercise will provide operational exposure and will share best practices towards enhancing combat capability.
REVISION: The air forces of Pakistan and China conducted a joint exercise "Shaheen or Falcon-IX" at an operational air base of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in Sindh province.
Q3.किस भारतीय को यूएस-इंडिया बिजनेस काउंसिल (USIBC) के उपाध्यक्ष के रूप में चुना गया है?
(a) रोशनी नादर
(b) किरण मजूमदार-शॉ
(c) निशा देसाई बिस्वाल
(d) सुधा मूर्ति
Q3. Which Indian has been selected as one of the vice-chairs of US-India Business Council (USIBC)?
(a) Roshini Nadar
(b) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
(c) Nisha Desai Biswal
(d) Sudha Murthy
- US-India Business Council (USIBC) has selected Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw as one of its vice-chairs effective immediately.
- US Chamber of Commerce's USIBC announced three vice-chairs to its 2021 Global Board of Directors.
- The two other business executives joining Shaw as vice-chairs are Amway CEO Milind Pant and Edward Knight who is the vice-chair at Nasdaq.
REVISION: USIBC President- Indian American Nisha Desai Biswal
Q4. DRDO ने हाल ही में भारत के किस सशस्त्र पुलिस बल को मोटरबाइक एम्बुलेंस रक्षिता सौंपी हैं?
Q4.DRDO has recently handed over the motorbike ambulance Rakshita, to which armed police force of India?
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi based DRDO laboratory, handed over Rakshita, a bike-based casualty transport emergency vehicle to Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- The bike ambulance will help in overcoming the problems faced by Indian security forces and emergency healthcare providers.
- Rakshita is fitted with a customized reclining Casualty Evacuation Seat (CES), which can be fitted in and taken out as per requirement.
- The vital parameters of the patient can be monitored on the dashboard mounted LCD.
- This bike ambulance is useful not only for the paramilitary and military forces but has potential civil applications too.
Q5.राजनीतिक और सार्वजनिक जीवन में सत्यनिष्ठा के लिए Quaide Milleth Award से किसे सम्मानित किया गया है?
(a) फराह नकवी
(b) बिलकिस दादी
(c) हर्ष मंडेर
(d) दोनों (b) और (c)
Q5. Who has been honoured with the Quaide Milleth Award for Probity in Political and Public Life?
(a) Farah Naqvi
(b) Bilkis dadi
(c) Harsh Mander
(d) Both (b) and (c)
- Bilkis dadi, the face of the Shaheen Bagh anti-CAA protests, and social activist and writer Harsh Mander of Karwan-e-Mohabbat were presented the Quaide Milleth Award for Probity in Political and Public Life at the India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi.
- Bilkis dadi , who was at the forefront of the Shaheen Bagh protests in Delhi against the CAA, has been named by the Time Magazine in its list of ‘100 Most Influential People of 2020’.
- Quaide Milleth was the only person who opposed the idea of not forming Muslim political party henceforth proposed by Maulana Abul Kalam in the first Muslim conference.
- The conference was held in Lucknow after the partition of the subcontinent. He revived the Muslim League in Madras when it was province.
Q6.केंद्रीय मंत्री किरेन रिजिजू ने हाल ही में किस शहर के शिव छत्रपति स्पोर्ट्स कॉम्प्लेक्स में खेलो इंडिया स्टेट सेंटर ऑफ एक्सीलेंस का उद्घाटन किया है?
Q6. Union Minister Kiren Rijiju has recently inaugurated Khelo India State Centre of Excellence at Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in which city?
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju has recently launched the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Pune.
- This is the 9th Centre formally inaugurated by the Union Minister so far
- The sports complex will focus on three Priority Olympic disciplines – Shooting, Athletics and Cycling.
- The Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex has played a dominant role in Indian sports history. Some of the major events hosted here include the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games, the Khelo India Youth Games 2019, and more.
Q7.TRIFED ने आदिवासी आजीविका उत्पादन के लिए किस सहकारी समिति के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) भारतीय किसान उर्वरक सहकारी लिमिटेड
(b) भारतीय फार्म वानिकी विकास सहकारी लिमिटेड
(c) नेशनल कोऑपरेटिव यूनियन ऑफ इंडिया लिमिटेड
(d) नेशनल कोऑपरेटिव हाउसिंग फेडरेशन लिमिटेड
Q7. TRIFED has signed a MoU with which cooperative society for tribal livelihood generation?
(a) Indian Farmer’s Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
(b) Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative Ltd
(c) National Cooperative Union of India Limited
(d) National Cooperative Housing Federation Limited
- TRIFED and Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative Ltd (IFFDC) have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on January 18, 2021 to work together for tribal livelihood generation.
- Shri Pravir Krishna, Managing Director, TRIFED and Shri S. P. Singh, Managing Director, IIFDC signed the MoU.
- The two organizations have agreed to partner with each other to organise training programmes for tribal artisans in the area of entrepreneurship skill and business development.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: IFFCO promoted a separate Multi-State Cooperative Society named 'Indian Farm Forestry Development Cooperative Limited' (IFFDC) in 1993 with the objective to conserve environment and mitigate climate changes through sustainable natural resource management for enhancing socio- economic status of rural poor, tribal community
Q8. हाल ही में किस मंत्रालय ने नई लौह-अयस्क नीति 2021 को मंजूरी दी है?
(a) खान मंत्रालय
(b) रेल मंत्रालय
(c) पोर्ट, जहाजरानी और जलमार्ग मंत्रालय
(d) नवीन और नवीकरणीय ऊर्जा मंत्रालय
Q8. Which Ministry has recently approved the new Iron-ore Policy 2021?
(a) Ministry of Mines
(b) Ministry of Railways
(c) Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
(d) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- The Ministry of Railways has recently approved the new Iron-ore Policy 2021 which will become effective from 10 February 2021.
- The provisions of the new policy will be updated in the rake allotment system module by the Centre for Railway Information Systems.
- New policy removes the provision for scrutiny of documentation by Railways.
- It also removes the regulatory role of Executive Director Rake Movement of Railway Board (EDRM) office, Kolkata.
Q9. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni ने किस देश का राष्ट्रपति चुनाव 6 वीं बार जीता है?
Q9. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has won the Presidential election of which country for the 6th term?
- President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni of Uganda has won a sixth term after a campaign marred by a crackdown on the opposition, an internet blackout and accusations of vote tampering and rigging.
- He was first came to power in 1986
- Museveni’s main rival, rapper-turned-lawmaker Bobi Wine, challenged the results, saying Museveni’s government had “fabricated” them.
Q10.किस देश ने ईरान के चाबहार बंदरगाह को दो मोबाइल हार्बर क्रेन की एक खेप भेजी है?
Q10. Which country has supplied two Mobile Harbour Cranes to Chabahar Port in Iran?
- The Indian government has supplied a consignment of two Mobile Harbour Cranes to Chabahar Port in Iran.
- The total contract value of the consignment is over USD 25 million under an agreement signed for the supply of 6 MHC.
- The consignment of the cranes that arrived from Marghera Port in Italy was unloaded successfully at Chabahar Port on January 18, 2021 and also underwent trials run.
- This move is also a step towards India’s commitment to the infrastructure development of Shahid Beheshti Port of Chabahar.