Daily Current Affairs 2021: 23rd Feb 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 23rd Feb 2021 Hindi & English
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 23rd Feb 2021
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 23rd Feb 2021
Que1.केंद्रीय मंत्री प्रकाश जावड़ेकर ने किस राज्य/केंद्र शासित प्रदेश में अटल पर्यावरण भवन का अनावरण किया है?/The Union Minister Prakash Javadekar has unveiled the Atal Paryavaran Bhavan in which state/UT?
Que2. 2021 ऑस्ट्रेलियन ओपन के महिला एकल फाइनल का खिताब किसने जीता है?/Who has won the title of women’s singles final of the 2021 AustralianOpen?
नाओमी ओसाका/Naomi Osaka
Q1.ऑस्ट्रेलियाई ओपन पुरुष एकल खिताब 2021 किसने जीता है?
(a) ग्रिगोर दिमित्रोव
(b) नोवाक जोकोविच
(c) डेनियल मेदवेदेव
(d) फिलिप पोलसेक
Q1. Who has won the Australian Open men’s single title 2021?
(a) Grigor Dimitrov
(b) Novak Djokovic
(c) Daniil Medvedev
(d) Filip Polasek
- In Tennis, defending champion Novak Djokovic has won his ninth Australian Open title, beating Daniil Medvedev
- Djokovic a record ninth Australian Open crown and his 18th Grand Slam title.
- Ivan Dodig and Filip Polasek have won the Australian Open men's doubles title by defeating Joe Salisbury and Rajeev Ram.
- It was their first Grand slam win as a pair.
- The First Australian Open (Men) was played in 1905 at Melbourne
- The First Australian Open Women was played in 1922.
Q2.भारत के पहले डिजिटल विश्वविद्यालय का उद्घाटन किस राज्य में किया गया है?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q2. India’s first digital university has been inaugurated in which state?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
- Governor Arif Mohammed Khan has inaugurated the country’s first digital university based in Technocity via a video conference.
- The Digital University will provide intellectual support through artificial intelligence (AI), Blockchain, Data Analytics, and other digital transformation courses.
- The Digital University is set up by upgrading the two-decade-old Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Kerala (IIITM-K), a center of excellence in information technologies established by the Government of Kerala.
Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated India’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal in which state? Kerala
Q3.किस राज्य के अनंतपुरमू जिले को प्रधानमंत्री किसान राष्ट्रीय पुरस्कार के लिए चुना गया है?
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q3.The Anantapuramu district of which state has been chosen for the Prime Minister Kisan national award?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- The Anantapuramu district of Andhra Pradesh has been chosen for the Prime Minister Kisan national award as it completed 99.6 percent physical verification of the beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- District Collector Gandham Chandrudu would be presented the award at a function in New Delhi on February 24.
- On the instructions of the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, five per cent of the beneficiaries were randomly chosen for physical verification to determine the eligibility and genuineness.
- The district has a total of 5,76,972 beneficiaries of whom 28,269 were chosen for physical verification in all the 63 mandals.
Q4.मध्य प्रदेश के किस जिले का नाम बदलकर “नर्मदापुरम” रखा गया है?
Q4. Which district of Madhya Pradesh has been renamed as “Narmadapuram”?
- The Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced to rename “hoshangabad district” as “Narmadapuram”, at the ‘Narmada Jayanti’ programme (19th Feb)
- It was named ‘Hoshangabad’ after the 15th Century sultan of Malwa, Hoshang Shah.
Q5.दूसरे खेलो इंडिया यूनिवर्सिटी गेम्स 2021 की मेजबानी कौन सा राज्य करेगा?
(a) मध्य प्रदेश
Q5. Which state will host the second Khelo India University Games 2021?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
- Karnataka will host the second Khelo India University Games 2021.
- The Games will be held in Bengaluru's Jain University and other venues in the state, in partnership with Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Khelo India University Games is the largest University Games in the country and is aimed at tapping sporting talent, who can represent India in international events, including the Olympics.
- The first edition was held in Bhubaneswar in February 2020, and saw a total participation of 3182 athletes in the U-25 age group, across 158 universities and colleges from all states.
REVISION: The first edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) was held in Bhubaneswar in February 2020.
Haryana will host the fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games after the 2021 Tokyo Olympics
Q6.किस राज्य/केंद्र शासित प्रदेश ने कार्बन पदचिह्न का आकलन करने के लिए एक मोबाइल एप्लिकेशन “कार्बन वॉच” लॉन्च की हैं?
(a) नई दिल्ली
(b) उत्तर प्रदेश
Q6. Which state/Union Territory has launched “Carbon Watch”; a mobile application to assess the carbon footprint of an individual?
(a) New Delhi
(b) Uttar Pradesh
- Chandigarh became the first state or Union Territory in India to launch Carbon Watch, a mobile application to assess the carbon footprint of an individual.
- The application can be downloaded through a QR code in Android supported smart cell phones.
- Carbon footprint is the amount of greenhouse gases-especially carbon dioxide-released into the atmosphere by a particular human activity.
- The mobile application will suggest methods to reduce the carbon footprints
- The mobile app has been developed by the Department of Environment, Chandigarh Administration.
Q7.“Yuva Bharat: The Heroes of Today” पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) मेघना पंत
(b) देविर सिंह भंडारी
(c) चेतन भगत
(d) संगीत पॉल चौधरी
Q7. Who wrote the book titled, “Yuva Bharat: The Heroes of Today”?
(a) Meghna Pant
(b) Devir Singh Bhandari
(c) Chetan Bhagat
(d) Sangeet Paul Choudhary
- A new book titled, “Yuva Bharat: The Heroes of Today”, published by Bloomsbury, is written by filmmaker-entrepreneur Devir Singh Bhandari.
- It depicts the journey of over 60 eminent young personalities of India.
- The book, include the inspiring stories of the famous personalities including actor RajKumar Rao, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bhindra, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb, BJP MP Tejasvi Surya and OYO founder Ritesh Agarwal.
Q8.सानिया मिर्जा के बाद किस भारतीय टेनिस खिलाड़ी को WTA रैंकिंग डबल्स में शीर्ष -100 में रखा गया है?
(a) रुतुजा भोसले
(b) अंकिता रैना
(c) रिया भाटिया
(d) प्रार्थना थम्बरे
Q8. Which Indian tennis player has been named in top-100 in the WTA rankings in doubles after Sania Mirza?
(a) Rutuja Bhosale
(b) Ankita Raina
(c) Riya Bhatia
(d) Prarthana Thombare
- India’s Ankita Raina has won the WTA title as she and her Russian partner Kamilla Rakhimova clinched the doubles event in the Phillip Island Trophy in Melbourne.
- Ankita will become only the second player to crack the doubles top-100 since Sania Mirza, who is a six-time Grand Slam champion.
- The Ankita-Kamilla pair beat Russia’s Anna Blinkova and Anastasia Potapova in the final. The win will propel the 28-year-old Ankita to top-100 in the WTA rankings in doubles.
- She will be the second Indian woman player to be in top-100 after Sania Mirza.
Q9.किस राज्य ने पर्यटन क्षेत्र में होटल को उद्योग का दर्जा देने का फैसला किया है?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q9. Which state has decided to accord industry status to hotels in the tourism sector?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
- The Karnataka state government has decided to accord industry status to the hotel business.
- The hotels in the tourism sector will enjoy subsidies and levies applicable for industries. Earlier, hotels were considered as commercial establishments and not industrial units.
- The subsidies and other benefits for these hotels will be applicable for a five-year period starting April 2021.
REVISION: 31st district of Karnataka - Vijayanagara
Q10.वार्षिक लोक कला त्योहार "उत्सवम" किस राज्य में मनाया जाता है?
Q10. The annual folk arts festival Utsavam is celebrated in which state?
(a) Tamil Nadu
- Kerala Tourism has organized the annual folk arts festival Utsavam 2021.
- The 7-day annual cultural festival ‘Utsavam 2021’ started on February 20.
- It has been organized by Kerala Tourism along with Kerala Folklore Academy, Bharat Bhavan, and District Tourism Promotion Councils.
- The festival brings alive Kerala’s rich and diverse folk and ritualistic art traditions in 30 venues across the state
- Hundreds of artistes, representing a variety of folk, tribal and ethnic traditions that flourished in different parts of the state would perform during the 13th edition of the event.
REVISION: The 47th Khajuraho Dance Festival held in Madhya Pradesh.
You may find the below articles useful
- HCS Previous Year papers
- HCS Prelims Syllabus GS and CSAT
- HCS Mains and Optional Subjects details
- HCS Notification update
- HCS Guidance videos
- HCS exam online course
- HCS Test Series
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|