Daily Current Affairs 2021: 20th Feb 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 20th Feb 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 20th Feb 2021
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 20th Feb 2021
Que1. साइमा उबैद किस खेल से संबंधित हैं?/Saima Ubaid is associated with which sport?
Que2. संयुक्त राष्ट्र मानवाधिकार परिषद की सलाहकार समिति के पहले भारतीय अध्यक्ष कौन बने हैं?/Who has become the first Indian Chairperson of the Advisory Committee of the UN Human Rights Council?
अजय मल्होत्रा/Ajai Malhotra
Q1.टोक्यो ओलंपिक आयोजन समिति के नए अध्यक्ष कौन बने है?
(a) यसुतोषी निशिमुरा
(b) सेइको हाशिमोतो
(c) योशीरो मोरी
(d) सातोशी सुजुकी
Q1. Who has been named the president of the Tokyo Olympic organizing committee?
(a) Yasutoshi Nishimura
(b) Seiko Hashimoto
(c) Yoshiro Mori
(d) Satoshi Suzuki
- Seiko Hashimoto has been named the president of the Tokyo Olympic organizing committee.
- She replaced 83-year-old Yoshiro Mori, a former Japanese Prime Minister who was forced to resign last week after making sexist comments about women.
- Seiko Hashimoto appeared in seven Olympics — four Winter Olympics and three Summer Olympics.
- She was until today the Minister for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, Minister in charge of Women's Empowerment, and Minister of State for Gender Equality in the Government of Japan.
REVISION: India and Japan have signed an MoU to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) via videoconferencing on 15 January 2021.
Q2.विश्व सामाजिक न्याय दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 22 फरवरी
(b) 20 फरवरी
(c) 21 फरवरी
(d) 23 फरवरी
Q2. When is World Day of Social Justice observed?
(a) February 22
(b) February 20
(c) February 21
(d) February 23
- On 26 November 2007, the United Nations General Assembly declared that 20 February will be celebrated annually as the World Day of Social Justice.
- This day is observed to promote social integration and full employment and eradicate poverty in the world.
- Every year, the UN and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) observe this day with different themes highlighting the focus idea of that year.
- 2021 Theme: A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy.
Q3.Maverick Messiah नामक पुस्तक, किस राज्य के पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री स्वर्गीय श्री एन टी रामाराव की राजनीतिक जीवनी है?
(b) मध्य प्रदेश
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q3. The book titled, Maverick Messiah is a political biography of which state’s former Chief Minister late Shri N T Rama Rao?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu has released a book titled, ‘Maverick Messiah’, a political biography of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, late Shri N T Rama Rao
- The book is written by senior journalist, Ramesh Kandula.
- It is published by Penguin Random House India.
REVISION: Skoch CM of the year - YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy
Q4.किस राज्य सरकार ने राज्य भर में 'अटल भुजल योजना ’का विस्तार करने का निर्णय लिया है?
(c) मध्य प्रदेश
(d) उत्तर प्रदेश
Q4. Which state government has decided to extend ‘Atal Bhujal Yojana' across the State?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to extend ‘Atal Bhujal Yojana' across the State.
- The scheme was introduced as a pilot project in 10 districts Mahoba, Jhansi, Banda, Hamirpur, Chitrakoot, Lalitpur, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, and Meerut.
- The state government decided to implement the scheme in the remaining 65 districts as well.
- Out of a total of 826 blocks in the state, the scheme was implemented in only 26 ground water-stressed blocks, but from April 1, 2021, all 826 blocks will be covered by this scheme, said the order.
REVISION: Which state has launched the “Abhyudaya” scheme to provide free coaching to poor students? Uttar Pradesh
Q5.किस भारतीय शहर को 2020 Tree City of World के रूप में मान्यता दी गई है?
Q5. Which Indian city has been recognized as the 2020 Tree City of World?
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and the Arbor Day Foundation have recognized Hyderabad as a 2020 Tree City of World, for its commitment to growing and maintaining urban forests.
- The recognition was a testament to the city’s sustained and institutional efforts to plant, nurture and celebrate trees, development of urban and peri-urban forestry actions, projects and strategic planning, and commitment to building a healthy city.
- Most of the other cities were from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
Q6.20 फरवरी को कौन सा राज्य अपना स्थापना दिवस मनाता है?
(a) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
(d) दोनों (a) और (b)
Q6. Which state celebrates its statehood day on February 20?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Both (a) and (b)
- On February 20, the states of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram are celebrating their statehood day.
- Statehood day marks the day of formation of the states. Arunachal Pradesh became a state on 20th February 1987.
- Mizoram became a state with the implementation of the North-Eastern Reorganization Act, 1972.
- Arunachal Pradesh -In 1972, the state was called the North-East Frontier Agency. After the Reorganization act, 1972, Arunachal Pradesh remained as a Union Territory. It became a state in 1987.
Q7.प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने किस नदी के ऊपर धुबरी-फूलबाड़ी पुल की आधारशिला रखी है?
Q7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Dhubri-Phulbari Bridge over which river? It will be the longest river bridge in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Dhubri-Phulbari Bridge and performed the groundbreaking ceremony of Jorhat - Majuli Bridge.
- He also launched the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra project.
- The Dhubri-Phulbari Bridge over the Brahmaputra River will be the longest river bridge in the country.
- It will connect Dhubri in Assam to Phulbari in Meghalaya. It will reduce the distance of 205 km to merely 19 km.
- The Jorhat-Majuli Bridge will help in providing connectivity to Majuli Island to other parts of Assam.
- Majuli Island, the world’s largest river island, is on the Brahmaputra River.
- Mahabahu-Brahmaputra project was launched with the Ro-Pax vessel service’s inauguration between Neamati-Majuli Island, North Guwahati-South Guwahati, and Dhubri-Hatsingimari.
- Under this initiative, tourist jetties at four locations and Inland Water Transport Terminal at Jogighopa will also be constructed.
- These projects will help in improving the connectivity and reducing the travel time in eastern states part of India.
Q8. कमला हैरिस की जीवनी Kamala's Way किसने लिखी हैं?
(A) मैरी कुबिका
(b) डैन मोरेन
(c) मेगन मिरांडा
(d) हेलेन फिलिप्स
Q8. Who wrote the biography of Kamala Harris titled, Kamala's Way?
(a) Mary Kubica
(b) Dan Morain
(c) Megan Miranda
(d) Helen Phillips
- The book titled, Kamala's Way is the biography of the first Black woman Vice President of the USA.
- The book, Kamala's Way: An American Life" is written by Dan Morain.
- It describes how a daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants "became one of this country's most effective power players.
Q9.किस देश के सर्वोच्च न्यायालय ने भारत द्वारा विकसित AI आधारित अनुवाद सॉफ्टवेयर ‘Amar Vasha’’लॉन्च किया है?
Q9. Which country’s Supreme Court has launched AI-based translation software ‘Amar Vasha’ developed by India?
(b) Sri Lanka
- The Bangladesh Supreme Court has launched the Artificial Intelligence (AI) based translation software ‘Amar Vasha’ through a virtual event.
- The software will translate orders and judgments of the Supreme Court from English to Bangla
- The Software has been developed with the ‘EkStep’ foundation of India.
- It is based on their ‘Anuvaad’ translation software used in India to translate from English to Indian languages.
- Anuvaad was deployed by the Supreme Court of India as SUVAS (Supreme Court Vidhik Anuvaad Software) from November 2019.
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain
Q10.आजाद भारत में पहली बार किस महिला को फांसी दी जाएगी?
(a) राजिया अली
(b) शबनम अली
(c) नुसरत अली
(d) निगाह बेगम
Q10. Who is the first woman to be hanged till death after independence?
(a) Rajia Ali
(b) Shabnam Ali
(c) Nusrat Ali
(d) Nigah Begum
- The Mathura district jail has started preparations to hang a woman for the first time in independent India.
- Shabnam Ali, 38, was convicted of killing seven members of her family
- She was convicted and awarded the death sentence for the multiple murders by the sessions court and the Allahabad High Court before the Supreme Court upheld the verdict.
You may find the below articles useful
- HCS Previous Year papers
- HCS Prelims Syllabus GS and CSAT
- HCS Mains and Optional Subjects details
- HCS Notification update
- HCS Guidance videos
- HCS exam online course
- HCS Test Series
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|