Daily Current Affairs 2021: 19th Feb 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 19th Feb 2021| Frontier IAS |
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 19th Feb 2021
Que1.किस राज्य के मुख्यमंत्री को “Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award” से सम्मानित किया गया है?/Which state’s Chief Minister has been conferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year Award?
आंध्र प्रदेश/Andhra Pradesh
Que2. पुडुचेरी के लेफ्टिनेंट गवर्नर का अतिरिक्त कार्यभार किसे सौंपा गया है?
/Who has been given the additional charge of the lieutenant governor of Puducherry?
तमिलिसाई साउंडराजन/Tamilisai Soundararajan
Q1.संयुक्त राष्ट्र मानवाधिकार परिषद की सलाहकार समिति के पहले भारतीय अध्यक्ष कौन बने हैं?
(a) जयति घोष
(b) अजय मल्होत्रा
(c) अजय माथुर
(d) वनिता गुप्ता
Q1. Who has become the first Indian Chairperson of the Advisory Committee of the UN Human Rights Council?
(a) Jayati Ghosh
(b) Ajai Malhotra
(c) Ajay Mathur
(d) Vanita Gupta
- Ajai Malhotra has become the first Indian to be elected as the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee of the UN Human Rights Council.
- Malhotra first joined the Indian Foreign Services in 1977.
- Malhotra has previously served as ambassador to Russia, Kuwait, Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations, New York, and Romania.
- Malhotra has been on the Indian team negotiating issues such as biological diversity, climate change, and trade.
- New Director-General of International Solar Alliance- Dr. Ajay Mathur
- US President-elect Joe Biden has nominated Indian-American Vanita Gupta to be the associate attorney general.
- Indian development economist Jayati Ghosh is among 20 prominent personalities appointed by the United Nations to a high-level advisory board
Q2.कौन सा देश "ईरान-रूस समुद्री सुरक्षा बेल्ट 2021" में शामिल हो गया है?
Q2. Which country has joined "Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021"?
- India has joined Iran and Russia in a two-day navy exercise dubbed "Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021" in the northern part of the Indian Ocean.
- The Indian Navy has joined the exercise with a select group of vessels
- The drill will cover an area of 17,000 square kilometers (6,500 square miles).
- It will include shooting at sea and air targets and liberating hijacked ships, as well as search and rescue and anti-piracy operations.
Exercise “Desert Knight 21”
India and France (Jodhpur, Rajasthan on January 20, 2021)
Q3.जापान सरकार द्वारा किस राज्य के डॉ. थंगजाम धबाली; को 'ऑर्डर ऑफ राइजिंग सन' से सम्मानित किया गया है?
Q3. Which state’s Dr. Thangjam Dhabali has been conferred with the order of Rising Sun' by the Japanese government?
- The founder President of Manipur Tourism Forum, Dr. Thangjam Dhabali has been conferred with the Order of Rising Sun' by the Japanese government for his enduring contribution to promoting the mutual understanding and friendship between Japan and India.
- Dr. Singh has strengthened the historical ties between the two countries during his tenure from 2012 to 2017 as president of Manipur Tourism Forum.
- The Decoration of the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays’ was formally handed over to Dr. Thangjam Dhabali Singh in Imphal.
- Ambassador of Japan to India Suzuki Satoshi.
Which country's former Prime Minister has been named among the list of recipients of Padma Vibhushan Award 2021? Japan
Q4.प्राथमिक शहरी सहकारी बैंकों के विनियमन के लिए नवगठित RBI समिति का प्रमुख कौन होगा?
(a) हर्ष कुमार भनवाला
(b) एन एस विश्वनाथन
(c) ज्योतिंद्र एम मेहता
(d) एन सी मुनियप्पा
Q4. Who will be the head of the newly formed RBI committee on the regulation of primary urban cooperative banks?
(a) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
(b) NS Vishwanathan
(c) Jyotindra M Mehta
(d) NC Muniyappa
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the setting up of an expert committee on the regulation of primary urban cooperative banks.
- The eight-member committee will be chaired by former RBI deputy governor NS Vishwanathan.
- The committee will be expected to suggest effective measures for faster rehabilitation and resolution of UCBs and assess the potential for consolidation of the sector.
- The other members are former chairman of NABARD Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Mukund M Chitale, former bureaucrats NC Muniyappa and RN Joshi, IIM Bangalore professor MS Sriram, National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies (NAFCUB) president Jyotindra M Mehta and chief general manager-in-charge of the RBI’s Department of regulation Neeraj Nigam.
Q5.राउरकेला में भारत के सबसे बड़े हॉकी स्टेडियम का नाम किस स्वतंत्रता सेनानी के नाम पर रखा जाएगा?
(a) तिलका मांझी
(b) बिरसा मुंडा
(c) शिबू सोरेन
(d) बलभद्र प्रधान
Q5.India’s largest Hockey Stadium in Rourkela will be named after which freedom fighter?
(a) Tilka Manjhi
(b) Birsa Munda
(c) Shibu Soren
(d) Balabhadra Pradhan
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has recently laid the foundation stone for India’s largest Hockey Stadium in Rourkela and names it after Legendary Freedom Fighter Birsa Munda.
- He inaugurated developmental projects worth Rs 5,000 crore in sectors like drinking water, irrigation, health, infrastructure, and smart city development.
- The new International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela will be the second venue for the men's Hockey World Cup-2023 apart from the Kalinga Stadium.
REVISION: Odisha has won the Best State and the Best Civic Agency award at Janaagraha City Governance Awards.
Justice S Muralidhar took oath as the 32nd Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
Q6.कांग्रेस के किस वरिष्ठ नेता और पूर्व केंद्रीय पेट्रोलियम और प्राकृतिक गैस मंत्री जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया?
(a) पी बी सावंत
(b) माधवसिंह सोलंकी
(c) कैप्टन सतीश शर्मा
(d) माता प्रसाद
Q6. Who was the senior Congress leader and former Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas who passed away recently?
(a) P B Sawant
(b) Madhavsinh Solanki
(c) Captain Satish Sharma
(d) Mata Prasad
- Congress leader and former Union Minister Captain Satish Sharma passed away after fighting with cancer. He was 73.
- He was Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas from 1993 to 1996 in the Narasimha Rao government.
- He first became a member of the Rajya Sabha in June 1986 and was later elected to the Lok Sabha from Amethi in 1991 after the death of Rajiv Gandhi.
- He was later a member of the Rajya Sabha from July 2004 to 2016.
Q7. किस मंत्रालय ने हाल ही में जल जीवन मिशन- शहरी के तहत एक पायलट पेय जल सर्वेक्षण शुरू किया है?
(a) स्वास्थ्य और परिवार कल्याण मंत्रालय
(b) आवास और शहरी मामलों के मंत्रालय
(c) जल शक्ति मंत्रालय
(d) कृषि और किसान कल्याण मंत्रालय
Q7. Which ministry has recently launched a Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban?
(a) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(b) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
(c) Ministry of Jal Shakti
(d) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched a Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban, JJM-U.
- The Ministry has decided to launch the Survekshan in 10 cities- Agra, Badlapur, Bhubaneswar, Churu, Kochi, Madurai, Patiala, Rohtak, Surat, and Tumkur.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission-Urban aims to create universal coverage of water supply in all 4,378 statutory towns as well as sewage management in 500 AMRUT cities.
Q8.हाल ही में लंदन के डिजाइन म्यूजियम में प्रदर्शनी के लिए कौन सा AI रोबोट खबरों में है?
(c) Vyom Mitra
Q8. Which AI robot is recently in news for the exhibition at London's Design Museum?
(c) Vyom Mitra
- AI robot Ai-Da gets its first major exhibition at London's Design Museum.
- Ai-Da was named after Ada Lovelace, a mathematician, and the world’s first female computer programmer.
- Ai-Da is a Robot with human characteristics.
- The AI artist was created by a group of technology experts at Oxford University.
- Her physical features include a microchip in her eye and a robotic hand, and she functions based on a groundbreaking algorithm.
- Ai-Da is able to draw and paint from sight.
- In 2019, she became the world’s first AI humanoid to pick up a pencil and create art without any human assistance.
Q9. खो खो सुपर लीग चैंपियनशिप ट्रॉफी 2021 किसने जीती है?
(a) Pahadi Billas
(c) Frisky Rangers
Q9. Who has won the Kho Kho Super League Championship Trophy 2021?
(a) Pahadi Billas
(c) Frisky Rangers
- Pahadi Billas lifted the trophy at the Super League Kho Kho tournament with a convincing six-point win over the Panthers.
- The championship was played as part of the Kho Kho Federation of India (KKFI) and Ultimate Kho Kho-organised first-ever high-performance evaluation and scientific assessment training camp.
Q10.साइमा उबैद किस खेल से संबंधित हैं?
Q10. Saima Ubaid is associated with which sport?
- Saima Ubaid has become the first woman from Kashmir to choose a career as a power-lifter.
- For the first time, Jammu and Kashmir Powerlifting Association had organized the powerlifting competition for women in Srinagar.
- In December 2020, the 4th Kashmir Powerlifting Championship was organized. Saima secured a gold medal by lifting a weight of 255.
You may find the below articles useful
- HCS Previous Year papers
- HCS Prelims Syllabus GS and CSAT
- HCS Mains and Optional Subjects details
- HCS Notification update
- HCS Guidance videos
- HCS exam online course
- HCS Test Series
You should follow us on
|Frontier IAS Youtube Channel||Frontier IAS Facebook Page||Frontier IAS Telegram Channel||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Pinnacle Youtube Channel||Pinnacle Facebook Page||Pinnacle Telegram Channel||Pinnacle website|