Daily Current Affairs 2021: 16th Jan 2021- Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs 2021: 16th Jan 2021- Frontier IAS
Current Affairs are the most important sections for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS, or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC, and many more state services. These questions are very important for All govt. exams.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 16th Jan 2021
Que1.किस राज्य/केंद्र शासित प्रदेश में जांस्कर शीतकालीन खेल और युवा महोत्सव 2021 आयोजित किया जाएगा? /Which state/Union Territory will organize Zanskar Winter Sports & Youth Festival 2021?
Que2. भारत में सेना दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
When is Army Day celebrated in India?
15 जनवरी/January 15
Q1.भारत डायनामिक्स लिमिटेड ने किस देश की कंपनी थेल्स के साथ STARStreak Air Defence System बनाने का समझौता किया है?
Q1. Bharat Dynamics Ltd. has signed an agreement with which country’s company Thales to build STARStreak Air Defence System?
- Public sector giant Bharat Dynamics Ltd. and UK based Thales have signed a “teaming agreement” to work in partnership on an air defence system with the support of the Governments of India and the UK.
- The air defence system STARStreak has a mix of shoulder fired anti-aircraft guns.
- The STARStreak Missile System is in service in the British Army and has been procured by defence forces worldwide.
- The fastest missile in its category, STARStreak has three laser-guided darts, which cannot be jammed by any known countermeasure. It has the capability to defeat any air target – even armed helicopters – and form the last line of defence.
- BDL was established in Hyderabad in 1970 as a manufacturing base for guided missiles and allied defence equipment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Ministry of external affairs has recently announced that there will be no chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations due to global situation arising because of COVID-19.
Haryana Daily Current Affairs
National and International Monthly Current Affairs
Haryana Monthly Current Affairs
|Haryana last one-year current affairs|
Q2. कानूमा त्योहार किस राज्य में मनाया जाता है?
(d) पश्चिम बंगाल
Q2. Kanuma festival is celebrated in which state?
(d) West Bengal
- Kanuma, the festival of cattle is celebrated on the third day of Sankranti festival in Telangana.
- On the occasion, the people, especially in rural areas, worship cattle and agriculture tools.
- Rural craftsmen and artisans who help farmers in their daily chores are specially honoured.
- Makaravilakku is an annual festival held on Makar Sankranti in Kerala, at the shrine of Sabarimala.
- The festival includes the Thiruvabharanam (sacred ornaments of Ayyappan) procession and a congregation at the hill shrine of Sabarimala.
Q3.Google ने हाल ही में डॉ जेम्स नाइस्मिथ को एक डूडल समर्पित किया है। उनके द्वारा किस खेल का आविष्कार किया गया था?
Q3.Google has recently dedicated a doodle to Dr James Naismith. Which game was invented by him?
- Google doodle celebrated Dr James Naismith, who invented the game of basketball in 1891, on January 15.
- On this day, the Canadian-American physical educator announced the new game and its original rules in the pages of “The Triangle,” a Springfield College school newspaper.
Q4.प्रारम्भ: स्टार्टअप इंडिया इंटरनेशनल समिट 'स्टार्टअप इंडिया की पहल की वर्षगांठ का प्रतीक है| इस पहल को किस वर्ष में लॉन्च किया गया था?
Q4.‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’ marks the anniversary of the Startup India initiative which was launched in which year?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with startups and address ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’ on January 16 through video conferencing.
- The two day Summit is being organized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The Summit will be organised as a follow up of the announcement made by the Prime Minister at the fourth Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation, BIMSTEC Summit held in Kathmandu in August 2018 wherein India committed to host the BIMSTEC Startup Conclave.
- The Summit marks the fifth anniversary of the Startup India initiative, launched by the Prime Minister on 16 January, 2016.
|HCS Previous Year Papers||HCS Prelims Syllabus|
|HCS Mains Syllabus||20000 MCQ For HCS Exam|
|HCS Guidence Videos||HCS Test Series|
Q5.तिरुवल्लुवर दिवस 15 जनवरी को कवि तिरुवल्लुवर के सम्मान में किस राज्य द्वारा मनाया जाता है?
(d) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q5. Thiruvalluvar Day is celebrated by which state on January 15, in the honour of the poet Thiruvalluvar?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu celebrated Thiruvalluvar Day on January 15, in the honour of the poet Thiruvalluvar.
- His exceptional contribution of 1330 kurals or couplets are translated into many Indian and international languages.
- He is also called a divine poet because of his couplets which is an inspiration to lead an exemplary life.
- Thiruvalluvar day is celebrated on the 2nd day of the Thai month.
Q6.IRDAI द्वारा नवगठित स्वास्थ्य बीमा सलाहकार समिति के प्रमुख कौन हैं?
(a) ए के चंद
(b) सुभाष चंद्र खुंटिया
(c) नचिकेत मोर
(d) के हरि प्रसाद
Q6. Who is the head of the newly constituted health insurance advisory committee by IRDAI?
(a) AK Chand
(b) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
(c) Nachiket Mor
(d) K Hari Prasad
- Insurance regulator IRDAI has constituted a health insurance advisory committee to examine the availability of products, suggest approaches on the coverage of specific diseases.
- The main aim of this panel is to develop a strategy on treatment protocol or rate structure towards improving affordability of the insurance.
- The expert committee will be headed by IRDAI Chairperson, Subhash Chandra Khuntia and will have a Member (Non-Life) as the vice-chairperson. The committee, which has a term of one year.
Q7.United States Agency for International Development (USAID) के प्रशासक के रूप में किसे नामित किया गया है?
(a) सोनिया अग्रवाल
(b) सामंथा पावर
(c) गरिमा वर्मा
(d) माला अडिगा
Q7. Who has been nominated as administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)?
(a) Sonia Aggarwal
(b) Samantha Power
(c) Garima Verma
(d) Mala Adiga
- US President-elect Joe Biden has nominated former US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power as administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Power will head the agency which oversees US foreign humanitarian and development aid
- She served in the Obama-Biden administration from 2013 to 2017 as the 28th US Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- From 2009 to 2013, Power served on the National Security Council staff as Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Incoming First Lady Jill Biden has named Indian-American Garima Verma as her digital director.
Q8.हाल ही विकसित की गयी भारत की पहली स्वदेशी 9 mm मशीन पिस्तौल को क्या नाम दिया गया है?
Q8. What is the name given to the newly developed India’s first indigenous 9mm machine pistol?
- The Pune-based facility of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Army’s Mhow-based Infantry School have jointly developed India’s first indigenous 9mm machine pistol named ‘Asmi’.
- It was developed in a record time of four months by Lt Col Prasad Bansod.
- The pistol is likely to have a production cost lower than Rs 50,000 each and has export potential as well.
- Machine pistols are primarily self-loading versions of pistols which are either fully automatic or can also fire bursts of bullets.
- The Asmi machine pistol fires the in-service 9 mm ammunition and has an upper receiver made from aircraft-grade aluminum and lower receiver from carbon fibre.
- The 3D printing technology has been used in designing and prototyping of various parts, including trigger components which have been made by metal 3D printing.
|Frontier IAS Telegram||Frontier IAS Facebook|
|Frontier IAS Twitter||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Frontier IAS Youtube||Frontier IAS Instagram|
Q9. हाल ही में किस केंद्रीय मंत्री ने राष्ट्रीय नवाचार फ़ाउंडेशन द्वारा विकसित एक नवाचार पोर्टल राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया है?
(a) स्मृति ईरानी
(b) डॉ हर्षवर्धन
(c) रमेश पोखरियाल
(d) नितिन गडकरी
Q9.Which Union Minister has recently dedicated an Innovation Portal developed by the National Innovation Foundation to the nation?
(a) Smriti Irani
(b) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
(c) Ramesh Pokhriyal
(d) Nitin Gadkari
- The Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan has dedicated an Innovation Portal, National Innovation Portal(NIP) to the nation.
- It is developed by National Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India, an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, to the nation, in New Delhi.
- The National Innovation Portal(NIP) is currently home to about 1.15 lakh innovations scouted from common people of the country, covering Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary and Human Health. In terms of domain areas.
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has addressed a webinar on the theme of Atma Nirbhar Bharat, Swatantra Bharat organized by a media organization Swarajya in collaboration with Vedanta.
- केंद्रीय मंत्री डॉ। हर्षवर्धन ने वेदांत के सहयोग से एक मीडिया संगठन स्वराज्य द्वारा आयोजित आत्म भारत, स्वतंत्र भारत की थीम पर एक वेबिनार को संबोधित किया है।
Q10.भारत मौसम विज्ञान विभाग (IMD) ने 15 जनवरी 2021 को अपना 146 वाँ स्थापना दिवस मनाया। IMD के महानिदेशक कौन हैं?
(a) संजीव कुमार
(b) वाई.एस. चौधरी
(c) डॉ. मृत्युंजय महापात्र
(d) डॉ डी आर पटनायक
Q10. India Meteorological Department (IMD) celebrated 146th Foundation Day on 15th January 2021. Who is the Director General of IMD?
(a) Sanjiv Kumar
(b) Y. S. Chowdary
(c) Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
(d) Dr. D. R. Pattanaik
- IMD(India Meteorological Department) celebrated 146th Foundation Day on 15th January 2021 and the function was organized virtually by the Ministry of Earth Science.
- The headquarters of IMD is in Delhi.
- It operates observatory stations in India and in Antarctica. The major IMD centres are located in Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and Nagpur.
- IMD is one of the six regional specialised Meteorological centres of WMO.
- Director General- Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
- The 57th foundation day of the Food Corporation of India was celebrated on January 14.It was founded on January 14, 1965.
- The Food Corporation of India is a statutory body that operates under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Its initial headquarters was located in Chennai and was later moved to New Delhi. Chairman & MD-Sh. Sanjiv Kumar.
Hope you liked this article. If it is relevant to your exam then please share this article with your friends, so that they can boost their preparation and get closer to their dream job.
You can call for any help/support/query Mob: 9817390373, 9729327755, WhatsApp 8295688244