Current Affairs of Today: 9th February 2021
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Current Affairs of Today: 9th February 2021- Frontier IAS
Daily Current Affairs 9th Feb 2021 for HCS, RAS, UPPCS, and other state services.
Que1.हाल ही में किस राज्य ने अपनी राजधानी में एक Science City स्थापित करने के लिए केंद्र सरकार के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?/Which state has recently signed a MoU with the central government to set up a Science city in its capital?
Que2. राष्ट्रीय बाघ संरक्षण प्राधिकरण (NTCA) ने किस जिले में पांचवें बाघ रिजर्व के निर्माण को मंजूरी दी है?/The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has approved the creation of the fifth tiger reserve in which the district
|Haryana last one-year current affairs|
Q1.शिक्षा मंत्रालय ने समग्र शिक्षा योजना के तहत वित्तपोषित आवासीय विद्यालयों का नाम किस नेता के नाम पर रखने का निर्णय लिया है?
(a) अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी
(b) नेताजी सुभाष चंद्र बोस
(c) महात्मा गांधी
(d) प्रणब मुखर्जी
Q1. The Education Ministry has decided to name the residential schools funded under the Samagra Shiksha Scheme after which leader?
(a) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
(b) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Pranab Mukherjee
- The Education Ministry has decided to name the residential schools (383) and hostels (680) funded under the Samagra Shiksha Scheme as “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose residential schools.
- The Ministry of Education under Samagra Shiksha provides financial assistance to States and UTs for opening and running the residential schools and hostels to ensure the schooling facilities in areas that are sparsely populated with a low density of population.
- Preference is given to educationally backward blocks (EBBS), left-wing extremism (LWE) affected districts, special focus districts (SFD), and the aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog.
Q2.संयुक्त राष्ट्र के एशिया पर्यावरण प्रवर्तन पुरस्कार (UN Asia Environmental Enforcement Award) से किसे सम्मानित किया गया है?
(a) के के शैलजा
(b) सस्मिता लेनका
(c) राजेंद्र कुमार भंडारी
(d) निखिल श्रीवास्तव
Q2.Who has been felicitated with United Nation's Asia Environmental Enforcement Award?
(a) K K Shailaja
(b) Sasmita Lenka
(c) Rajendra Kumar Bhandari
(d) Nikhil Srivatsva
- In a first for India, a female forest officer from Odisha, Sasmita Lenka has been felicitated with United Nation's Asia Environmental Enforcement Award.
- Lanka, who is a divisional forest officer in Athgarh, Cuttack, received the award under the 'Gender Leadership and Impact' category for her work in help in busting pangolin smuggling rackets in the state.
- Lenka has helped in busting an international network of pangolin in Athgarh and Khunnpunni.
Q3.“Parliamentary Messenger in Rajasthan' नामक पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) रोमिला थापर
(b) रामचंद्र गुहा
(c) डॉ के.एन. भंडारी
(d) वामन सुभा प्रभु
Q3. Who wrote the book titled, “Parliamentary Messenger in Rajasthan ''?
(a) Romila Thapar
(b) Ramchandra Guha
(c) Dr K.N. Bhandari
(d) Waman Subha Prabhu
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has recently launched the book titled “Parliamentary Messenger in Rajasthan ''
- The book is written by Dr. K.N. Bhandari and focuses on the health and education initiatives undertaken through the MPLAD Scheme on the recommendation of Dr. Abhishek Singhvi in Rajasthan over 12 years from 2006 to 2018.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) is a central sector scheme for MPs to recommend works of developmental nature in their constituencies
- It was launched in December 1993
- The emphasis is on creating durable community assets based on locally felt needs.
- Parent Body: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI)
- The funds – Rs. 5 crores/annum/MP – under the scheme are non-lapsable.
- The Union Cabinet approved a 30% cut in the salaries of all Members of Parliament and a two-year suspension of the MPLAD scheme so that the amount saved can go to the Consolidated Fund of India (CFI) to fight COVID-19.
Q4. स्विट्जरलैंड; किस भारतीय राज्य के साथ कौशल प्रशिक्षण, पर्यटन और डेयरी क्षेत्र में विशेषज्ञता साझा करने के लिए सहमत हुआ है?
Q4. Switzerland has agreed to share the expertise in the fields of skill training, tourism, and the dairying sector with which Indian state?
- Haryana and Switzerland have agreed to share their expertise in the fields of skill training, tourism, dairying besides exploring the possibilities of signing MoUs for cultural exchange programmes so as to further strengthen the bilateral ties between Switzerland and India, particularly with Haryana.
- Ambassador of Switzerland to India, Mr. Ralf Heckner who called on Chief Minister; Mr. Manohar Lal showed keen interest in making further investment in Haryana.
- At present, 34 Swiss companies have set their base in the State providing employment to about 16,600 people.
Q5.भारत का पहला भूतापीय विद्युत परियोजना किस राज्य / केंद्र शासित प्रदेश में स्थापित किया जाएगा?
(d) जम्मू और कश्मीर
Q5.India's first geothermal power project will be established in which state/Union Territory?
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
- India's first geothermal power project will be established at Puga village of eastern Ladakh.
- Puga has been identified as the hotspot of geothermal energy in the country by scientists.
- In the first phase of the pilot project, one megawatt (MW) power generation capacity will be generated.
- India's first-ever geothermal power project, known as Geothermal Field Development Project is planned to commission by the end of 2022.
- The tripartite MOU was signed between ONGC Energy, LAHDC, Leh, and the Power Department of UT Ladakh.
Q6.अख्तर अली जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया, वे किस खेल के महान खिलाड़ी और कोच थे?
Q6. Akhtar Ali, who passed away recently was a legendary player and coach of which sport?
- Tennis legend Akhtar Ali, a father figure in Indian tennis, passed away.
- He was 81. He represented India in eight Davis Cup ties against Pakistan, Malaysia, Iran, Mexico, Japan, and Monaco between 1958 and 1964.
- He had also played in the Wimbledon and French Open grand slam events.
- He was the winner of the Asian mixed doubles championship.
- He became the coach of the National team from 1966 to 1993.
- Under his guidance, the Indian team – consisting of Krishnan, Mukerjea, Premjit, and S.P. Misra – reached the Davis Cup finals in 1966.
- India repeated its feat in 1974 with a team comprising Vijay and Anand Amritraj, Shashi Menon, and Jasjit Singh.
- Akhtar has conferred the Arjuna Award in 2000 for his lifetime contribution to tennis.
Q7.मांडू उत्सव किस राज्य में मनाया जाता है?
(a) उत्तर प्रदेश
(c) मध्य प्रदेश
(d) पश्चिम बंगाल
|HCS Previous Year Papers||HCS Prelims Syllabus|
|HCS Mains Syllabus||20000 MCQ For HCS Exam|
|HCS Guidance Videos||HCS Test Series|
Q7. Mandu festival is celebrated in which state?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
- The Mandu festival will be organized on 13-15th February in the historical city Mandu, Madhya Pradesh.
- It will be the second edition of the Mandu Festival.
- It is being organized by the Tourism department of Madhya Pradesh.
- Many activities will be organized during the festival, which includes photo contests, yoga workshops, musical performances, etc.
Q8.जॉर्ज शुल्त्स, जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया, संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिका के पूर्व _______ थे?
(a) रक्षा मंत्री
(b) विदेश मंत्री
(c) राजकोष मंत्री
(d) ऊर्जा सचिव
Q8. George Shultz, who passed away recently was the former _______ of the USA?
(a) Secretary of defense
(b) Secretary of State
(c) Secretary of treasury
(d) Secretary of energy
- Former US Secretary of State, George Shultz who significantly shaped foreign policy in the late 20th Century, has died at the age of 100.
- He served three former Presidents - Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan - in various roles
- His efforts as America's top diplomat from 1982 to 1989 under the former President Ronald Reagan helped lead to the conclusion of the four decade long Cold War that began after World War Two.
- Antony J. Blinken was sworn in as the 71st U.S. Secretary of State on January 26, 2021.
- The current Treasury secretary is Janet Yellen, former chair of the Federal Reserve. She is the first woman to hold either position.
Q9.प्रधान मंत्री, श्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने हाल ही में "असोम माला ’परियोजना शुरू की है जो निम्नलिखित में से किस क्षेत्र से संबंधित है?
(a) हेल्थ इन्फ्रास्ट्रक्चर
(b) राजमार्ग और सड़क निर्माण
(d) एलपीजी आयात
Q9.The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has recently launched the ‘Asom Mala’ project that is related to which of the following fields?
(a) Health Infrastructure
(b) Highways and Road construction
(c) Students Scholarship
(d) LPG import
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launched ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads in Sonitpur District, Assam.
- Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister Shri Rameswar Teli, Ministers from Assam Government, and Chief of Bodoland Territorial Region Shri Pramod Boro were present on the occasion.
Additional Information: Modi also visited West Bengal where he dedicated the LPG import terminal built by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited to the nation in Haldia and few other infrastructure projects.
Q10.किस भारतीय महिला टेनिस खिलाड़ी ने ऑस्ट्रेलियन ओपन के महिला युगल के मुख्य ड्रॉ में स्थान हासिल किया है?
(a) प्रर्थना थोम्बरे
(b) अंकिता रैना
(c) रुतुजा भोसले
(d) रिया भाटिया
Q10. Which Indian woman tennis player has secured a place in the main draw of women’s doubles of the Australian Open?
(a) Prarthana Thombare
(b) Ankita Raina
(c) Rutuja Bhosale
(d) Riya Bhatia
- Indian woman tennis player Ankita Raina has secured a place in the main draw of the Australian Open. She made the cut for the women’s doubles event of the first grand slam of the year.
- After missing out on the women’s singles main draw, she still had a chance to qualify as a ‘lucky loser’ till the completion of the first round, but the 28-year-old realized a long-time dream when she signed up with Romania’s Mihaela Buzarnecu and earned a direct entry.
- Nirupama Mankad (1971), Nirupama Vaidyanathan (1998), Sania Mirza and Indian-American Shikha Uberoi (2004) have competed in the Grand Slam main draws for the country.
Hope you liked this article. If it is relevant to your exam then please share this article with your friends, so that they can boost their preparation and get closer to their dream job.
You can call for any help/support/query Mob: 9817390373, 9729327755, WhatsApp 8295688244
|Frontier IAS Telegram||Frontier IAS Facebook|
|Frontier IAS Twitter||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Frontier IAS Youtube||Frontier IAS Instagram|