Current Affairs GK Today: 29th Jan 2021-Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Current Affairs GK Today: 29th Jan 2021-Frontier IAS
Current Affairs are the most important sections for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS, or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC, and many more state services. These questions are very important for All govt. exams.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 29th Jan 2021
Que1.अंतर्राष्ट्रीय सीमा शुल्क दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
When is the International Customs Day celebrated?
26 जनवरी/January 26
Que2. गणतंत्र दिवस पर फ्लाई पास्ट का नेतृत्व करने वाली पहली महिला पायलट कौन बनी है?/ Who has become the first woman pilot to lead flypast on Republic Day?
स्वाति राठौर/Swati Rathore
Q1.किस मंत्रालय ने हाल ही में एक virtual intelligence tool तेजस लॉन्च किया है?
(a) रक्षा मंत्रालय
(b) इलेक्ट्रॉनिक्स और सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय
(c) विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय
(d) कौशल विकास और उद्यमिता मंत्रालय
Q1. Which ministry has recently launched a virtual intelligence tool Tejas?
(a) Ministry of Defence
(b) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
(c) Ministry of Science and Technology
(d) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Electronics, Information Technology and Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched virtual intelligence tool Tejas and 'Work from Anywhere' portal on the even of the celebrations of 25th year anniversary of National Informatics Centre Services Inc (NICSI)
- NICSI is a public sector enterprise under the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- The virtual intelligence tool that extracts critical information from data to make its meaningful information for policy decisions and improving efficiency in government services and citizen delivery.
- He has also launched 'e-Auction India' to cater to electronic forward and reverse auction requirements of the government organisations serving online 24x7
Haryana Daily Current Affairs
National and International Monthly Current Affairs
Haryana Monthly Current Affairs
|Haryana last one-year current affairs|
Q2.किस देश की संसद ने अमेरिका के साथ नयी START परमाणु संधि का विस्तार करने पर सहमति व्यक्त की है?
Q2. Which country’s parliament has agreed to extend the new START nuclear treaty with the US?
- The Russian lower house of Parliament, the Duma, has ratified a new START nuclear treaty with the US.
- The United States and Russia had "agreed in principle" to extend the arms treaty by five years following a phone call between US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- The State Duma voted unanimously to extend the New START treaty for five years.
Additional Information: The treaty was signed in 2010 by President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, limits each country to no more than 1,550 deployed nuclear warheads and 700 deployed missiles and bombers, and envisages sweeping on-site inspections to verify compliance.
Q3.भारत ने हाल ही में छात्रों द्वारा निर्मित उपग्रहों के प्रक्षेपण के लिए किस देश के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q3. India has recently signed a MoU for the launch of satellites fabricated by students with which country?
(c) Sri Lanka
- On the eve of India’s 72nd Republic Day, India and Bangladesh signed a MoU to design, make, and launch a satellite fabricated by students from both countries.
- The Indian side was represented by the Chennai-based Space Kidz India (SKI), a private organization, which focuses on encouraging students to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, especially space science.
- The Bangladesh side was represented by Global Law Thinkers Society, a global youth organization.
Q4.नीलगिरी हाथी कॉरिडोर मामले पर सर्वोच्च न्यायालय की तकनीकी समिति के सदस्य के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) राजेंद्र सिंह
(b) वाल्मिक थापर
(c) नंदिता हजारिका
(d) जादव पायेंग
Q4. Who has been appointed as Member of a Technical Committee of the Supreme Court on Nilgiris elephant corridor case?
(a) Rajendra Singh
(b) Valmik Thapar
(c) Nandita Hazarika
(d) Jadav Payeng
- The Supreme Court appointed conservationist Nandita Hazarika as Member of a Technical Committee to hear complaints by landowners against the action taken by the Nilgris Collector, which included “arbitrary variance in acreage of the elephant corridor.”
- On October 14, the top court upheld the Tamil Nadu government’s authority to notify an ‘elephant corridor’ and protect the migratory path of the animals through the Nilgiri biosphere reserve, the largest protected forest area in India, spanning across Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.
- The corridor is situated in the ecologically fragile Sigur plateau.Sigur Plateau is a plateau in the north and east of Nilgiri District in the Nilgiri Hills of Tamil Nadu.
|HCS Previous Year Papers||HCS Prelims Syllabus|
|HCS Mains Syllabus||20000 MCQ For HCS Exam|
|HCS Guidence Videos||HCS Test Series|
Q5.ग्लोबल क्लाइमेट रिस्क इंडेक्स 2021 में भारत का रैंक क्या है?
Q5. What is the rank of India in the Global Climate Risk Index 2021?
- India ranked seventh in Global Climate Risk Index 2021, released on 25 January by Bonn (Germany) based environmental think tank, Germanwatch.
- The top six most vulnerable countries in the Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2021 ranking are Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Bahamas, Japan, Malawi and Afghanistan.
- In terms of fatalities in 2019 and losses in million US dollars, India is ranked first.
Additional Information: Global Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 was held online on 25 and 26 January. The Netherlands hosted it.
Q6.थाईपुसम त्योहार किस राज्य में मनाया जाता है?
Q6. Thaipusam festival is celebrated in which state?
(d) Tamil Nadu
- Thaipusam is a festival celebrated by the Tamil devotees of Lord Kartikeya (Lord Murugan), the son of Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati.
- It is celebrated in India (mostly in Tamil Nadu), Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and several other parts of the world.
- The festival is observed on the Pournami Tithi (Full Moon Day) in the Tamil month of Thai which concurs with the Makara month as per the Solar calendar followed in North India.
- The word Thaipusam consists of the words Thai and Pusam, where Pusam stands for Nakshatram.
Q7.शुभदर्शिनी त्रिपाठी को किस देश में भारत की अगली राजदूत के रूप में नियुक्त किया गया है?
Q7. Shubhdarshini Tripathi has been appointed as India's next Ambassador to which country?
- Shubhdarshini Tripathi, the Deputy Director-General of Indian Council for Cultural Relations, has been appointed as India's next Ambassador to Kazakhstan
- Ms Shubhdarshini Tripathi presently Deputy Director General, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Tripathi is a 1994 batch Indian Foreign Service officer.
Q8.भारत ने हाल ही में अंतर्राष्ट्रीय ऊर्जा एजेंसी के साथ एक रणनीतिक साझेदारी समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं। अंतर्राष्ट्रीय ऊर्जा एजेंसी (IEA) का मुख्यालय कहाँ स्थित है?
(a) जिनेवा, स्विट्जरलैंड
(b) ब्रुसेल्स, बेल्जियम
(c) पेरिस, फ्रांस
(d) न्यूयॉर्क, यूएसए
Q8. India has recently signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement with the International Energy Agency. Where is the HQs of the International Energy Agency (IEA) situated?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland
(b) Brussels, Belgium
(c) Paris, France
(d) New York, USA
- The Framework for Strategic Partnership between the International Energy Agency (IEA) members and the Government of India was signed on 27th January, 2021 to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation & enhance global energy security, stability and sustainability.
- This partnership will lead to an extensive exchange of knowledge and would be a stepping stone towards India becoming a full member of the IEA.
- The MoU was signed by Mr. SanjivNandanSahai, Secretary (Power) from the Indian side and Dr.FatihBirol, IEA Executive Director from the IEA side.
- IEA HQs - Paris, France
|Frontier IAS Telegram||Frontier IAS Facebook|
|Frontier IAS Twitter||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Frontier IAS Youtube||Frontier IAS Instagram|
Q9. 10000 मीटर Race walk में नया राष्ट्रीय U-20 रिकॉर्ड किसने बनाया है?
(a) सुनील डावर
(b) अमित खत्री
(c) प्रवीण चित्रवेल
(d) परमदीप मोर
Q9. Who has set the new National U-20 record in 10000m race walk?
(a) Sunil Dawar
(b) Amit Khatri
(c) Praveen Chithravel
(d) Paramdeep Mor
- Haryana's Amit Khatri proved he is the best among the country's under-20 crop by winning the 10000m with a mark of national record on the final day of the 18th National Federation Cup.
- Haryana's Amit Khatri has won the 10000m race walk with a national record on the final day of the 18th National Federation Cup at the TT Nagar Stadium Bhopal.
- The 17-year-old Amit clocked 40 minutes 40.97 seconds
- Amit marked his presence first in 2018 when he claimed the U16 5000m Race Walk National Record in 21:17.63
Q10.नए अमेरिकी राज्य सचिव के रूप में किसे शपथ दिलाई गई है?
(a) जेनेट येलेन
(b) लॉयड ऑस्टिन
(c) एवरिल हैन्स
(d) एंटनी जे ब्लिंकेन
Q10. Who has been sworn in as the new U.S. Secretary of State?
(a) Janet Yellen
(b) Lloyd Austin
(c) Avril Haines
(d) Antony J. Blinken
- Antony J. Blinken was sworn in as the 71st U.S. Secretary of State on January 26, 2021.
- The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President's chief foreign affairs adviser.
REVISION:Who has become the first woman Treasury Secretary of the United States?/ Janet Yellen
Hope you liked this article. If it is relevant to your exam then please share this article with your friends, so that they can boost their preparation and get closer to their dream job.
You can call for any help/support/query Mob: 9817390373, 9729327755, WhatsApp 8295688244