Current Affairs GK Today 2021: 12th Jan 2021-Frontier IAS
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Current Affairs GK Today 2021: 12th Jan 2021-Frontier IAS
Current Affairs are the most important sections for all the students preparing for one or another government exams like UPSC, HCS, or other State Services- UPPCS, RAS, MPPSC, and many more state services. These questions are very important for All govt. exams.
To get a PDF and Video of this article click on this link Latest Daily Current Affairs: 12th Jan 2021
Que1.जॉयश्री दास वर्मा को किस देश ने पूर्वोत्तर भारत में मानद वाणिज्य दूत (Honorary Consul) नियुक्त किया है?/Which country has appointed Joyshree Das Verma as Honorary Consul in Northeast India?
Que2. भारत का पहला इनडोर स्की पार्क किस राज्य/केंद्र शासित प्रदेश में बनाया जाएगा?/India's first indoor Ski Park will be built in which state/Union Territory? हिमाचल प्रदेश/Himachal Pradesh
Q1.भारत के 51वें अंतर्राष्ट्रीय फिल्म महोत्सव का फोकस देश कौन सा है?
Q1.Which is the focus country of the 51st International Film Festival of India?
- The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be held in Goa from 16th to 24th January.
- Taking into account the Corona pandemic, IFFI is holding its first-ever hybrid film festival.
- Bangladesh will be this edition's Country in Focus.
- The Country in Focus is a special segment that recognizes the cinematic excellence and contributions of the country.
Haryana Daily Current Affairs
National and International Monthly Current Affairs
Haryana Monthly Current Affairs
|Haryana last one-year current affairs|
Q2.12 जनवरी को किस महान नेता की जयंती पर राष्ट्रीय युवा दिवस मनाया जाता है?
(a) सुभास चंद्र बोस
(b) स्वामी विवेकानंद
(c) ए पी जे अब्दुल कलाम
(d) लाल बहादुर शास्त्री
Q2. The National Youth Day is observed on January 12 on the birth anniversary of which great leader?
(a) Subhas Chandra Bose
(b) Swami Vivekananda
(c) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(d) Lal Bahadur Shastri
- National Youth Day (NYD) is observed on Swami Vivekananda's birth anniversary on January 12 every year.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the valedictory function of the second National Youth Parliament Festival on 12th January 2021 via video conferencing.
- The National Youth Festival is celebrated every year from 12th to 16th January.
- To honour Swami Vivekananda's contributions to the country, the government in the year 1984, declared his birthday as National Youth Day.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Due to COVID-19, the 24th National Youth Festival is being held in virtual mode.
‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka’ is the theme of this year’s Youth festival.
Q3.राष्ट्रीय सांख्यिकी कार्यालय (NSO) द्वारा जारी पहले अग्रिम अनुमान के अनुसार, 2020-21 में भारत के GDP में कितने प्रतिशत की गिरावट का अनुमान लगाया गया है?
Q3. India’s GDP is estimated to contract by ____% in 2020-21, as per the first advance estimate released by the National Statistical Office( NSO)?
- The pandemic will pull down India’s Gross Domestic Product by 7.7 per cent in 2020-21, as per the first advance estimate of GDP released by the National Statistical Office (NSO)
- This will be the biggest annual contraction in records going back to 1952, according to Bloomberg.
- The estimate by the NSO was close to the Reserve Bank of India’s estimate of 7.5 per cent contraction.
- Economy trackers had estimated annual real GDP growth to be in the range of negative 6.5 to negative 9.9 per cent.
- Advance estimates are important as the Union Budget uses these numbers for assuming GDP growth rates at current prices for the next financial year, on the basis of which all crucial numbers such as the fiscal deficit and tax numbers will be calculated.
Q4.सदर जापरोव ने हाल ही में किस देश के राष्ट्रपति का चुनाव जीता है?
Q4. Sadyr Japarov has recently won which country’s presidential election?
- Nationalist politician Sadyr Japarov won a landslide victory in Kyrgyzstan’s presidential election, which was triggered by the collapse of the previous government.
- Japarov has won almost 80% of the vote in the Central Asian nation, which is closely allied with Russia.
- Kyrgyzstan has been in crisis since parliamentary elections last October.
- The results of those elections were disputed, leading to protests and the resignation of then-President Sooronbay Jeenbekov.
|HCS Previous Year Papers||HCS Prelims Syllabus|
|HCS Mains Syllabus||20000 MCQ For HCS Exam|
|HCS Guidence Videos||HCS Test Series|
Q5.केंद्रीय मंत्री डॉ हर्षवर्धन ने चेन्नई पोर्ट ट्रस्ट में किस तटीय अनुसंधान पोत(Coastal Research Vessel) को राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया है?
(a) सागर निधि
(b) सागर अन्वेशिका
(c) सागर सम्पदा
(d) सागर मंजुशा
Q5.Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has dedicated which Coastal Research Vessel to the Nation at Chennai port trust?
(a) Sagar Nidhi
(b) Sagar Anveshika
(c) Sagar Sampada
(d) Sagar Manjusha
- Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Science and Technology and Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan has dedicated the Coastal Research Vessel (CRV) 'Sagar Anveshika' to the Nation at the Chennai Port Trust.
- Sagar Anveshika was equipped with advanced navigation systems as well as research and exploration apparatus.
- Apart from enhancing multi-disciplinary oceanographic research along the Indian coast, it would also deepen our understanding of the ocean and help harness its enormous potential.
- The state-of-the-art vessel will transform our ocean research activities and boost our blue economy.
Q6.हाल ही में किस राज्य ने अपनी बिंदू सागर झील को साफ करने के लिए एक परियोजना शुरू की है?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q6. Which state has recently launched a project to clean its Bindu Sagar lake?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan jointly launched a project to clean Bindu Sagar lake near Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneswar.
- The project will be implemented by Indian Oil Corporation in collaboration with the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai Indian Oil Campus, Bhubaneswar.
- Bindu Sagar is one of the holiest tanks of our country as it contains holy waters from all religious places of India.
- The lake is associated with the socio-cultural life of the people of Bhubaneswar.
REVISION:Which state’s Chief Minister has recently inaugurated a 'Fire Park' and launched a dynamic online portal, 'Agnishama Seva'? Odisha
Q7. विश्व हिंदी दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 10 जनवरी
(b) 11 जनवरी
(c) 12 जनवरी
(d) 9 जनवरी
Q7. When is the World Hindi Day observed?
(a) January 10
(b) January 11
(c) January 12
(d) January 9
- World Hindi Day is observed on 10th January.
- The day is commemorated every year with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad.
- On this day in 2006, the First World Hindi Conference was held in Nagpur with the aim to promote the language worldwide.
- Since then, every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
Q8. नील शीहान जिनका हाल ही में निधन हो गया,उन्हें किस क्षेत्र में पुलित्जर पुरस्कार से सम्मानित किया गया था?
(a) लोक सेवा
Q8. Neil Sheehan who passed away recently was a Pulitzer Prize winner of which field?
(a) Public Service
- Pulitzer Prize winning author, Neil Sheehan passed away recently due to complications from Parkinsons disease.
- He was 84.
- His book, ‘A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam’, won the Pulitzer Prize for nonfiction.
- Sheehan served as a war correspondent for United Press International and then the Times in the early days of U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
- Sheehan was the first to obtain the Pentagon Papers, a massive history of U.S. involvement in Vietnam ordered up by the Defense Department.
- Indian journalists namely Dar Yasin, Mukhtar Khan and Channi Anand have been honoured with the 2020 Pulitzer Prize in the field of feature photography.
- Gobind Behari Lal was the 1st Indian to won the Pulitzer Prize for journalism.
|Frontier IAS Telegram||Frontier IAS Facebook|
|Frontier IAS Twitter||Frontier IAS Whatsapp|
|Frontier IAS Youtube||Frontier IAS Instagram|
Q9.भारतीय भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण (GSI) द्वारा किए गए अन्वेषण ने किस राज्य को देश के वैनेडियम मानचित्र पर रखा है?
(b) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q9. Exploration done by the Geological Survey of India (GSI) have placed which state on the country's vanadium map?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh is likely to become India’s prime producer of vanadium.
- India is a significant consumer of vanadium, but is not a primary producer of the strategic metal.
- Vanadium is a chemical element with the symbol V and atomic number 23. It is a hard, silvery-grey, malleable transition metal.
- Vanadium is a high-value metal used in strengthening steel and titanium.
- China, which produces 57% of the world’s vanadium, consumed 44% of the metal in 2017.
REVISION: The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has recently revived the Monpa handmade paper making unit in which state? Arunachal Pradesh
Q10.हेनले पासपोर्ट इंडेक्स 2021 के अनुसार किस देश के पास सबसे शक्तिशाली पासपोर्ट है?
(d) दक्षिण कोरिया
Q10. Which country has the most powerful passport as per the Henley Passport Index 2021?
(d) South Korea
- The Henley Passport Index ranks the world’s passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa.
- Verified by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Japan has topped the index.
- For three consecutive years Japan has held its first position either solely or jointly with Singapore, which currently sits second with 190 countries.
- India ranks 85 in 2021 on the Henley Passport Index. India's position this year is three spots lower than the same in 2019 and 2020 rankings.
Hope you liked this article. If it is relevant to your exam then please share this article with your friends, so that they can boost their preparation and get closer to their dream job.
You can call for any help/support/query Mob: 9817390373, 9729327755, WhatsApp 8295688244