Current Affairs For HCS Exam 2020: Portal And Apps
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
HCS Last One Year Topic Wise Current Affairs: Portals and Apps
Haryana Civil Services Exam
CURRENT AFFAIRS YEARLY 2020
Last one-year Current Affairs For HCS Exam: Portals and Apps
1. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the ‘Abhayam’ mobile phone application which helps women and children traveling in taxis and auto-rickshaws, to raise alarm in case of any emergency.
- The Abhayam device would be fitted in auto-rickshaws and cabs.
- The Abhayam app will provide emergency help to those in distress.
- Abhayam is an IoT device based app that a passenger can download from the vehicle after boarding by scanning a QR code available inside the auto.
- After logging into the app through mobile number and OTP, the passenger has to add her emergency contacts, confirm the vehicle and driver's details.
2. To mark the occasion of 3 years of UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) Mr. Prasad launched an international version of the UMANG App in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs for selected countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand.
3. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched the ‘Secha Samadhan’ app, which would link the farmers directly with the Water Resources department.
- The mobile app will help resolve the issues faced by farmers immediately and provide services in a transparent manner.
- Besides, the Water Resources Department will be accountable to farmers, who are its biggest stakeholders.
- The farmers can now upload video and pictures of their farm problems, especially irrigational needs, on mobile phone and seek help from the department
4. Chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has inaugurated the land web portal Dharani in Medchal-Malkajgiri district.
- Once land web portal Dharani is launched, the government will allow all the property transactions, including registrations and mutations, through the web portal.
- The state government has already started training tahsildars and nayab tahsildars on conducting property registrations through the land web portal Dharani
- The Dharani is a one-stop portal for all land and property-related transactions as well as documentation.
5. The Indian Army has launched a messaging mobile application called the SAI (Secure Application for Internet)
- The application will provide secure voice, video, and text calling services to the soldiers of the Indian Army.
- The SAI model is much similar to other commercial applications such as Telegram, WhatsApp, SAMVAD.
- It uses end-to-end encryption messaging protocol.
- It facilitates secure communication among the Indian Army personnel.
- The application was developed by Colonel Shankar of the Indian Army. Apart from providing communication links, the application will also help in infrastructure management.
6. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched an integrated State scholarship portal to help eligible students avail scholarship benefits in a seamless and transparent manner.
- Patnaik informed that more than 11 lakh beneficiaries will be benefited through this unified portal – www.scholarship.odisha.gov.in.
- Patnaik also launched the Sumangal portal – www.sumangal.odisha.gov.in – developed by the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes Development Department, to grant incentive to inter-caste married couples under Odisha Right to Public Services Act, 2012.
- The Sumangal portal can help the beneficiaries of inter-caste marriage to avail of the incentive amount of Rs. 2.5 lakh within 60 days.
- Both the portals have been launched under the 5T initiative of the State government.
7. The Chief Minister of Assam has launched a portal “Kritagyata”, an online pension submission and tracking system.
- It has been launched to lend convenience to the pensioners to dispose of their pension related claims.
- With the help of the portal, the retired government employees will submit the pension-related papers online and will also get the opportunity to check the status of their pension.
- The portal has been launched in line with the “Bhavishya” portal of the Government of India.
8. Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the ‘e-Dharti GeoPortal
- The portal will integrate the legacy drawings including the maps and lease plans in the management information system.
- The portal will make the maps and lease plans geographic information system (GIS)-enabled
- The land and development office (L&DO) is currently dealing with around 60,000 commercial, residential, industrial and institutional properties.
- It provides a property certificate incorporating details and the outline map of the property.
- These details can now be accessed online on the portal.
- The property holder would be provided a certificate.
- The certificate would include the property details such as land type, property type, date of allotment, property status, plot area, property address, etc.
9. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the “Mo Bidyut” portal and app under the government’s 5T initiative through video conferencing to facilitate electricity consumers in the state.
- As per the reports, consumers can avail electricity connections up to 5 Kilowatt through the app.
- Besides, consumers can also pay their electricity bills and submit grievances through the app.
- The initiative aims to benefit 89 Lakh consumers in the state.
- The portal will facilitate domestic, commercial, farming, irrigation category consumers to get new electricity connections within 48 hours.
10. IT-Madras incubated dairy-tech startup, has launched a first-of-its-kind, fully-automated direct payment platform, ‘mooPay’, for dairy farmers in Rajasthan.
- “mooPay” is a payment gateway for dairies and dairy farmers where the dairy officials can transfer milk payments digitally to member farmers from the dairies’ existing bank account to farmers’ savings bank account.
- Directly depositing payments in farmers’ bank accounts will help enhance farmer savings and will also build farmer loyalty to the dairy.
- This will remove the risks and costs of transferring money in cash to hundreds of thousands of farmers in hundreds of villages.
11. Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar has digitally launched ‘Gram Darshan’, which will allow accessibility to data of development projects of 6,197 gram panchayats of the state.
- The vision of Gram Darshan is to make all government services accessible to the common citizens in their locality, through the Gram Panchayat websites and ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability of such services to realise their basic needs.
- Each Gram Panchayat website would display details of Elected Representatives, including Sarpanch, Panches, and Gram Sachiv of Gram Panchayat.
12. The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a unified portal called ‘U-Rise’- Unified Re-imagined Innovation For Student Empowerment.
- The portal will guide students in learning, career counseling, and getting employment in the state.
- The portal has been developed by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University
- The program will connect students with practical and technical knowledge.
- Uttar Pradesh is the first state to launch a unified portal along with the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) -2020.
13. Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar has launched in the public domain, the “Centralized Farm Machinery Performance Testing Portal”.
- This portal will facilitate manufacturers in applying, communicating and monitoring the progress of testing of their machines in a seamless manner as it is easily accessible from any location and from any device connected to the Internet.
- The Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institutes at Budni (MP), Hisar (Haryana), Anantpur (Andhra Pradesh) and BiswanathChariali (Assam) are playing an important role and contributing their share to the development and progressive acceptance of agricultural mechanization in India.
14. Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the vaccine portal for Covid-19 on September 28, 2020, in order to create awareness among the masses.
- The India Council of Medical Research (ICMR) launched a dedicated vaccine portal and national clinical registry of COVID-19 to address queries of the people on vaccine development and unveiled the historical timeline of ICMR since its inception in 1911.
- The National Clinical Registry for COVID-19 will collect systematic data on clinical signs and symptoms, laboratory investigations, management protocols, clinical course of COVID-19 disease.
- The data will serve as an invaluable tool for formulating appropriate patient management strategies, predicting disease severity, patient outcomes, etc.
15. Telangana IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao (KTR) launched the Primary Agricultural Co-Operative Society (PACS), Pothgal web portal www.pacspothgal.com. The website is available in Telugu and English.
- PACS Pothgal is the first PACS in India to come up with a web portal that has all the details of loans, loan processes, and services offered by the society.
- Information related to the finished and upcoming projects such as petrol bunks, godowns, food processing industries, ATMs, office buildings, are mentioned on the website.
16. Punjab government has rolled out “I Rakhwali” App
- The Punjab government has rolled out the “I Rakhwali” App to ensure greenery and to protect the environment in Punjab.
- The development of the app is the state governments’ effort to supplement its drive to preserve and maintain the environment in Punjab and to make people stakeholders in the process.
- The ‘I Rakhwali’ App will also inspire people to plant more trees and become ‘Greenery Saviours’.
17. The Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh has launched “SRIJAN”, an online portal to promote indigenization of Defence production.
- The portal is to display those items that are currently being imported by the Indian Defence Industry.
- This will help domestic industries of the country to learn and focus more on these specific items.
- The GoI is also providing high incentives and flagship programmes to boost the design, development, and manufacturing of these items.
- The portal will ultimately help the Indian Defence Industries benefit extensively by manufacturing these items.
- This will in turn reduce India’s Defence imports and will boost indigenization of Defence production.
18. Harit Path is a mobile app launched recently by the National Highway Authority of India.
- It will monitor plantations along national highways.
- The app will monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements of each of the NHAI’s field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
19. The KURMA app was launched on 23rd May 2020 on World Turtle Day.
- The application was developed by Indian Turtle Conservation Action Network (ITCAN).
- The Union Environment and Information Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar hailed the “KURMA” application to track and report Indian turtles.
- The ITCAN was joined by Wildlife Conservation Society-India.
- The application provides a database to identify a species. Also, it helps to locate the nearest rescue center for turtles across the country.
- The ITCAN was formed to launch a citizen-science initiative. It provides a platform to exchange vital information on turtles.
- It will also help in observing 2020 as the YEAR OF THE TURTLE.
- Turtle Survival Alliance was formed in 2001 in partnership with the International Union for Conservation of Nature for sustainable management of tortoises and turtles.
20. Liquor sales resumed in Kerala through state-run BEVCO outlets on prior booking through BevQ mobile app
- State-run liquor outlets, bars as well as beer and wine shops have been closed since March 24, when the Centre declared a nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of Coronavirus.
- At least 3.5 lakh people have downloaded the application which was launched in a single day. At least 2.5 lakh e-tokens have been issued.
- To purchase liquor, one needs to book a slot in the virtual queue through the BevQ app.
- Using the mobile app, people will receive an e-token to book the time slot to visit the nearest outlet and this would reduce the crowds seen earlier.
21. The Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched National Portal on Human Elephant conflict called “SURAKHSYA”.
- The National Portal was launched during the celebration of the international annual event of World Elephant Day.
- World Elephant Day is celebrated every year on August 12 to create elephant conservation and share knowledge for better protection of wild captive elephants.
- The Asian Elephants are listed as “Endangered” in the IUCN Red List.