Check your Economics Preparation for IAS 2015
Q 1. Consider the following statements regarding the Balance of Payment of a country :
- The BOP is a statistical statement that comprises transactions between residents and non-residents during a period.
- In the compilation of BOP determination of the residence of economic entities is necessary instead of nationality.
Which of the above given statement/s is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q2. Consider the following statements about 6th FYP, and choose the correct one(s):
- It was termed as ‘Infrastructure Plan’.
- The reappraised of import substitution strategy begins from it.
- The concept of Rolling Plan was introduced in it.
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only (d) All of the above
Q3. Insider trading refers to:
(a) Trading of goods inside the country.
(b) Purchase and sale of shares of a company by its own promoter.
(c) Trading of shares by individuals with potential access to non-public information about the company.
(d) Sale of goods produced by the Foreign investors inside the home economy.
Q4. Consider the following pairs:
1.Special Economic Zone Zones where trade laws differ from the rest of the country, with an aim to generate additional economic activity.
2.Coastal Regulation Zone Coastal areas which will be mapped and managed to protect livelihoods of traditional fisher folk community.
3.Island Protection Zone For Andaman and Nicobar islands and Lakshwadeep islands only.
Which of the above given pair(s) is/are correctly matched?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1 only
Q5. In the context of 12th five year plan, consider the following statements:
- It aims at faster, sustainable and more inclusive growth.
- Growth rate target has been reduced from 9% to 7.2%.
- Agriculture growth target has been pegged at 5%.
- Poverty ratio is to be brought down to 10%.
Which of the above given statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1 and 4 only (d) 1, 2 and 3 only