Analysis of GS Paper HCS Prelims 2014 & Preparation Strategy
Analysis of GS Paper HCS Prelims 2014
For Question Paper Click Here
Important GS Observations
- 11 Questions were asked from Modern History , one from ancient and zero from medieval. In other words if you are preparing for HCS don’t spend your precious time on ancient or medieval. Modern History ( Ghot kar Pee Jao)
- Total 20 questions asked from Geography. 11 from physical geography, 8 from Indian Geography and 1 from world geography. If you have less time world geography is less productive. Physical geography will always be the main contributor.
- Science + ecology 28 questions were asked. In other words science students “BalleBalle” . In science, life science dominated. 11 questions from life science. Almost equal to entire History. Key learning now a days in every competitive examUPSC, SSC, RAS,HCS, CDS science is becoming the deciding factor. See my article how to prepare for science for civil services. Uploading soon.
4. Economics 8 questions. Haryana 9 questions. Surprisingly HPSC gave hardly any weight-age to Haryana portion. In other words no advantage to Haryana students. A big advantages to UPSC aspirants who gave HCS exam.
- Current 4 questions. Art and culture 1 question, 2 miscellaneous.
Overall Paper was moderate to difficult. score above 60 is a good one.
See below graph where the questions came from. Publishing article soon on the required study material for each section and approach, preparation tips. You may subscribe through email free of cost. Go in subscription box and enter your email. Then verify your email in your email box. That’s it.
HCS 2015 : What to do ? Uploading soon. But start preparation immediately. Join coaching at frontier IAS Hisar those who can afford. Without coaching it is extremely difficult although not impossible. Level of competition is becoming tough day by day.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Art and Culture||1|
For other similar and important article visit site Map